Couchpotato's Random RPG News - Page 70 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Default Couchpotato's Random RPG News

February 23rd, 2021, 06:18
The Creator talks about Ultimate ADOM and ADOM

loading…
As today is a big one for us, Thomas answers a few questions and talks about ADOM and Ultimate ADOM.
Diablo IV How It Can Compete With Path of Exile - PC Gamer
I doubt Diablo 4 will be free-to-play, and I pray it won't come with a battle pass, but there are plenty of other things that it can borrow from the competition. Most importantly, the agility of other live service games. Path of Exile's seasons, known as leagues, have allowed Grinding Gear to design enough new systems and experiments to cram inside multiple new games. Whenever I think I'm done with it, a weird new league appears and I jump straight into character creation. The leagues haven't all been winners, but then they end and it's onto the next new thing. The stuff that's well-received then gets permanently added to the main game, allowing these experiments to leave an indelible mark.
SKALD: Against the Black Priory - Backer Beta v1.3.0 Available
Finally! The time is here to release the next version of the Skald: Against the Black Priory beta for backers! I'm not going to lie: It feels pretty fantastic to get it out there.
Anthem Deserves to Live On at BioWare and EA - Escapist Magazine
Much has been said about Anthem's troubled development cycle, and now BioWare and EA will reportedly announce the fate of the game's future soon. It's a game that struggled for years to find its identity, but the final result is a surprisingly hopeful, lively one. Despite the dire straits of its opening prologue, in which your nameless Freelancer falls short, Anthem isn't a despairing world like The Division nor a constant space opera like Destiny. Instead, it captures the aesthetic and feel of a humble space western, with players gathering up a posse of Freelancers to hunt down some no-good varmints out along the frontier.
Mass Effect 2 Cut Characters Explained - Gamrant
Recently, BioWare's Mac Walters gave a detailed discussion on Mass Effect 2's cut characters, so here's every concept we noticed in his video.
Nighthawks - The Vampire RPG - Streets Of, Amongst Other Things, Rage
Greetings, all. I hope everyone’s doing as well as possible given the continued hellscape of what I believe historians are already referring to as “2020b” in the hope of being able to start 2021 off on a better note at some point. Of course, if you’re not… that’s absolutely understandable. One of the worst things about modern life, in my opinion and ignoring the BBC’s continued insistence on commissioning new episodes of Mrs Brown’s Boys, is the need to look strong all of the time. It’s exhausting. It’s self-defeating. It perpetuates a feeling that if you’re not, you’re failing somehow.
Corven - Path of Redemption - December 2020 / January 2021 Update
Demo Version 1.3

1.3, the final demo before the Alpha of the game is now ready for download. There aren't any massive changes, mostly some polishing.
Changelog for 1.3:
  • combat music will not play anymore after you ran away from an enemy
  • adjusted melee combat distance
  • made melee attack animations and cooldowns slightly shorter to make melee combat feel more responsive
  • fixed bug which prevented you from engaging 2 or more enemies at once
  • fixed bug which prevented you to re-engage enemy you escaped from previously
  • added Margaretha, Arlec and Lava Crawler Portraits
  • some landscape modifications
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 13:02
trololol
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 13:31
Official announement for porcozaur's piece of news:

https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/blood…lopment-update

wolfsrain

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 13:54
@HiddenX, @Silver, probably worth main page attention too?

largh

Sentinel

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 14:09
Originally Posted by porcozaur View Post
trololol
LOLOLOL

Anyway, it wasn't on my personal Most Anticipated List for 2021 because, among dozens of other reasons, I (we all) knew it wasn't being released this year
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 15:21
Who at Paradox can take on this task? Harebrained!

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 15:30
Pretty drastic step to take a game away from a studio at this stage. Must be a proper mess.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 16:31
Originally Posted by SpoonFULL View Post
Who at Paradox can take on this task? Harebrained!
BattleTech : The Vampire Mech

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 16:41
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
Anyway, it wasn't on my personal Most Anticipated List for 2021 because, among dozens of other reasons, I (we all) knew it wasn't being released this year
Yo, your top-3 Most Anticipated games for 2021 have pretty much as high chances being released this year as Bloodlines 2. You're a positive thinking individual, and I like it!

largh

Sentinel

February 23rd, 2021, 17:57
Originally Posted by largh View Post
Yo, your top-3 Most Anticipated games for 2021 have pretty much as high chances being released this year as Bloodlines 2. You're a positive thinking individual, and I like it!
Actually, I doubt BG III wil be released this year. But Solasta and ELEX 2 have chances to be. Slim chances, but anyways…
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

+1:

February 23rd, 2021, 18:16
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
Actually, I doubt BG III wil be released this year. But Solasta and ELEX 2 have chances to be. Slim chances, but anyways…
Hah, we'll see about that! You can prove me wrong in December. As said, I like your optimism

largh

Sentinel

February 23rd, 2021, 18:29
What a mess. I was finally getting hyped for VTMB 2 after that trailer they released last summer, but now it seems we might as well forget about it for now.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 18:33
Hm, yeah. What a mess indeed. I need to cancel my preorders.
Not sure I ever heard of something like this happening before.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 18:34
Good lord, now that's taking muddying the waters to an insane level. I wish them luck on sorting all that out, lol.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 20:03
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
BattleTech : The Vampire Mech
Funny but true as Paradox loaned half of that studio to Hardsuit Labs.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
Last edited by Couchpotato; February 23rd, 2021 at 22:53.

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

+1:

February 23rd, 2021, 21:03
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
What a mess. I was finally getting hyped for VTMB 2 after that trailer they released last summer, but now it seems we might as well forget about it fornowever.
There, corrected for you!
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

+1:

February 24th, 2021, 12:23
https://venturebeat.com/2021/02/23/b…akeover-looms/

VentureBeat has details on a class action lawsuit Bethesda is facing over the lifetime Season Pass for Fallout 4. In 2015 Bethesda offered the pass for $30 to entitle purchasers to all the DLC ever made for the game: "To reward our most loyal fans, this time we’ll be offering a Season Pass that will get you all of the Fallout 4 DLC we ever do for just $30." Then a couple of years later they began offering the Fallout 4 Creation Club, which offered new premium content not available through the previous season pass.

Bethesda : Its not DLC, its DLSomething
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

February 24th, 2021, 15:51
Good Catch @porcozaur I love Bethesda Games, but the company is run like a cluster-fudge +
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)

February 24th, 2021, 18:54
Matt Chat 463: Champions of Krynn

loading…
Adventure awaits with Matt Barton and the Giant Rats of Krynn! Miss. Use the Gold Box Companion (Free) to embrace your inner Gold Box goldilocks and miss every enemy with style and finesse! Miss.
Arkham Horror: Mother's Embrace Madness Awaits Trailer

loading…
Pre-order now and be prepared to dive into the narrative-drive tactical RPG base on the award-winning Lovecraftian board game. Arkham Horror: Mother's Embrace is set to be released on March 23rd for PlayStation 4*, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC (Steam/Win10).
The origins of Gamedec, the video game @ PyrkONline 2020 [Part 1]

loading…
Pyrkon is one of the most anticipated fantasy events in Poland. Last year, due to the pandemic, it went full-online as lectures and presentations on various topics. We talked about the origins and the design of Gamedec and if it is hard to transfer the ideas from books to a virtual environment, and how to do it properly.
The origins of Gamedec, the video game @ PyrkONline 2020 [Part 2]

loading…
Pyrkon is one of the most anticipated fantasy events in Poland. Last year, due to the pandemic, it went full-online as lectures and presentations on various topics. We talked about the origins and the design of Gamedec and if it is hard to transfer the ideas from books to a virtual environment, and how to do it properly.
Diablo II: Resurrected Interview - Eurogamer
Ahead of BlizzCon 2021, we spoke to executive producer and head of the Diablo franchise at Blizzard Entertainment Rod Fergusson, and Diablo 2 Resurrected principal designer Rob Gallerani to find out more about the project and how the game will play when it's released for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X / S and Nintendo Switch later in 2021. And from Fergusson specifically, we asked about the Diablo masterplan - or as he puts it: "the re-emergence of Diablo."
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

February 24th, 2021, 21:32
Action-RPG Dandy Ace Launches in March on PC - IGN
Developed by Mad Mimic and published by Neowiz, the game sees you take on the role of a magician fighting their way to defeat the Green-Eyed Illusionist in an ever-shifting palace. The mechanical intrigue comes from the game's approach to attacks On every run, you'll pick up magical cards to slot into your attacks, each with different abilities. But every card can also be used as an upgrade for an existing attack (a poisonous explosion attack might add a poison effect to another ability, for example) Mad Mimic promises over a thousand combinations of cards, all-in-all.
Pascal's Wager: Definitive Edition coming to PC on March 12 - Gematsu
Pascal's Wager: Definitive Edition is a challenging action role-playing game set in a world of dark fantasy. Step into the shoes of Couriers, as they discover the tale behind the mysterious Dark Mist.
There's hope for Zelda on PC, just look at these indies - PCGamesN
The start of the year is traditionally pretty arid for major videogame releases, but even allowing for this, 2021 is shaping up to be a very quiet year for triple-A. The ongoing global pandemic has disrupted the industry worldwide and caused a cascade of delays, meaning we may be in for an even longer, dryer spell than we're used to.
Bethesda is auctioning a Starfield design date with Todd Howard - PCGamer
We don't know much about Starfield, Bethesda's in-the-works sci-fi RPG. It's been in development for years but a release date isn't in sight: All Bethesda has said at this point is that it involves space travel and will release sometime before The Elder Scrolls 6, which is also very dim and distant on the horizon.

Despite the mystery around it, Bethesda Softworks is offering one fan a chance to design a character for the game. The job is part of a prize package Bethesda has put up for the Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic Evening of Wishes auction that also includes a brand-new Xbox Series X console and 16 games from Bethesda series including Doom, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Wolfenstein, Dishonored, and The Evil Within.
Kingdom Hearts Action RPG is Coming to PC - MySmartPrice
Epic Games has announced that Kingdom Hearts (KH) is coming to PC very soon. The action game lets you choose characters from Square Enix, Disney, and Pixar. Epic Games announced that the series will come to PC on March 30. Square Enix also said that multiple games will be available on the Epic Game Store as an exclusive on March 30. The list includes titles like Kingdom Hearts III, KH 1.5 + 2.5 Remix, KH 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, and KH: Melody of Memory. The series is available on the Sony PlayStation and even the Xbox. Let’s take a look at the Kingdom Hearts Series games coming to PC via the Epic Game Store.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Tags
interviews, mods, previews, reviews, videos
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Couchpotato's Random RPG News