Outriders - Demo available

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Shooter RPG Outriders will be available on April 1. Check out the demo.

Outriders

OUTRIDERS is a 1-3 player co-op RPG shooter set in an original, dark and desperate sci-fi universe.

As mankind bleeds out in the trenches of Enoch, you'll create your own Outrider and embark on a journey across the hostile planet.

With rich storytelling spanning a diverse world, you'll leave behind the slums and shanty towns of the First City and traverse forests, mountains and desert in the pursuit of a mysterious signal.

Combining intense gunplay with violent powers and an arsenal of increasingly twisted weaponry and gear-sets, OUTRIDERS offers countless hours of gameplay from one of the finest shooter developers in the industry - People Can Fly.

INTENSITY OF A SHOOTER, DEPTH OF AN RPG
OUTRIDERS' brutal and bloody combat combines frenetic gunplay, violent powers and deep RPG systems to create a true genre hybrid.

A DARK AND DESPERATE JOURNEY
Discover the hostile planet of Enoch as you embark on a journey to the source of a mysterious signal.

DYNAMIC 1-3 PLAYER CO-OP
Play single-player or join up to two friends in drop-in drop-out co-op as you tackle the horrors of a hyper-evolved planet.

FOUR UNIQUE CLASSES
Create and customise your own Outrider and choose from four unique classes each with its own skill tree to define your own playstyle.

SCAVENGE & ADAPT
Customise and upgrade your Outrider with countless items of mod-able guns and gear, as you leave humanity behind.
More information.

I just might check this game out given the previews and videos on the internet. Most label it close to a BioWare style RPG, but not a fan of the Co-op focus.

boring looter shooter
At least you don't need to be connected to a server just to play.:p

Don't think we need another Anthem disaster.

10 Reasons Why You Need To Play The Outriders Demo

You want a demo? Ohh... we'll give you a demo! Find out everything you need to know about the Outriders demo and let Lucy tell you why this is not something you'll want to miss.

At least you don't need to be connected to a server just to play.:p

Don't think we need another Anthem disaster.

Nope, you need to be connected to a server to play.

I suffered through the demo for about an hour and a half.

It's basically just Square Enix trying to get a piece of the looter shooter pie, and it's not very good imo. It doesn't feel polished at all compared to games like Destiny 2 or Anthem. I really think they need to just stick to what they know, and this isn't it.

Nope, you need to be connected to a server to play.
Yeah that's what I get for not paying attention as they announced last year it's another online looter shooter. My interest is now neagtive -100 and I damn this game to hell.

Gotta be online to play? Excellent, saves me the trouble of knowing whether or not the game is for me, the answer being obviously not.
Three reasons why.:(

1. Piracy is the main reason.
  2. They want to stop cheating even in SP.
  3. Online cross-play with different systems/game versions.

Yup gotta stop those single player cheats, God forbid you play a game the way you want to.
Damn true they even have 3rd party software to stop cheating in games.:biggrin:

Yup gotta stop those single player cheats, God forbid you play a game the way you want to.

I didn't see an option to play strictly solo anyways. Not that that really bothers me in this kind of game, but I know it's a big deal to some people.

Looks potentially interesting. Thanks for sharing @HiddenX;! Wasn't aware of this one. I'll check the reviews when they come and perhaps play with a friend once the next dark season is upon us.

Tried it for a good hour and a half, kind of sci-fi The Division/Mass Effect cross-over looter-shooter. Will keep an eye on this one, final review, couple of patches and a discount and it might be nice for the next winter :)

@basharran;, was it as shallow as The Division 2? That's my main concern ;) Division could have been good, but the simplicity in everything spoiled it...

Yeah that's what I get for not paying attention as they announced last year it's another online looter shooter. My interest is now neagtive -100 and I damn this game to hell.

That's exactly the reason why I don't bother to play it. Sorry, but I can't understand that design philosophy at all: I have to connect to internet all the time to play its single player content. Why?

@basharran;, was it as shallow as The Division 2? That's my main concern ;) Division could have been good, but the simplicity in everything spoiled it…

If you were bored by the gameplay loop in The Division, chances are you'll get bored pretty quickly in Outriders as well. There's more variety in terms of enemy types, but the combat is very repetitious in the same way.

They attempted to have more focus on the story and characters than the average looter shooter, but I found the constant cutscenes annoying since they're not very good anyways.

If you're still curious, try the demo. Maybe you'll like it more than I did.

Thanks for the info @JDR13;! From trailers, it appears that the skill system would at least be more RPGey than the super-boring one in The Division 2. Is that so?

Thanks for the info @JDR13;! From trailers, it appears that the skill system would at least be more RPGey than the super-boring one in The Division 2. Is that so?

I didn't play it long enough to really delve into the skill system, so I can't say. You do have 4 classes to choose from, and they each have unique skills, but it didn't seem like there's a ton of depth.

Back
Top Bottom