Fallout 4 - Fallout 3 Remake Footage - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout 4 - Fallout 3 Remake Footage

Default Fallout 4 - Fallout 3 Remake Footage

June 4th, 2021, 23:48
DSOGaming reports on 8 minutes of footage from the Fallout 3 Remake that is being done in Fallout 4.

YouTube's 'JuiceHead' has shared a video, showing 8 minutes of gameplay footage from the latest beta build of the Fallout 3 Remake Mod in Fallout 4, Fallout 4: Capital Wasteland. This video showcases the Point Lookout DLC, so be sure to watch it if you are fans of Fallout 3.

[…]

loading…

More information.
Silver is offline

Silver

Silver's Avatar
Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

#1

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 8,691
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)

Default 

June 5th, 2021, 21:59
I enjoyed the look they are putting together; it makes the scene feel more immersive and brings the area to life. At the same time, the movement of the PC (camera) now seems less plausible. But perhaps that's just me? I suppose I'd quickly get used to it again.
rjshae is offline

rjshae

rjshae's Avatar
Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

#2

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 5,147
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Default 

June 5th, 2021, 22:24
Anther complete waste of time remake.
JFarrell71 is offline

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

#3

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,016
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

Default 

June 5th, 2021, 22:50
To you maybe and yes it probably is a waste of time ,but some of these modders end up getting jobs in the industry. Anyway I'll play the mod if they ever finish the game.

Anyway you use mods that basically do the same for Morrowind.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#4

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Banana Republic of America
Posts: 26,367
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

Default 

June 5th, 2021, 23:01
I wouldn't mind seeing an official remake that upgrades the graphics and mechanics. This one looks decent, but it's hindered by the fact that Bethesda isn't allowing them to use the original voiceovers and music.
JDR13 is online now

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#5

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 30,220
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)

Default 

June 5th, 2021, 23:18
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post

Anyway you use mods that basically do the same for Morrowind.
News to me. I have never played Morroblivion or Skywind or any of that stuff. Not that any of it was ever finished, because those projects never do get finished.
JFarrell71 is offline

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

#6

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,016
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

Default 

June 5th, 2021, 23:28
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing an official remake that upgrades the graphics and mechanics. This one looks decent, but it's hindered by the fact that Bethesda isn't allowing them to use the original voiceovers and music.
Yeah that always sucks but that's usually to avoid a Cease and desist letter. I remember it happening with the mod that tried to combine all three newer Fallout games.
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
News to me. I have never played Morroblivion or Skywind or any of that stuff. Not that any of it was ever finished, because those projects never do get finished.
I recall you hyping a mod that updated the game but my bad if I was wrong. There have been plenty of complete Fallout 4 mods. The lack of voice-overs is the major drawback.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44364
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#7

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Banana Republic of America
Posts: 26,367
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

Default 

June 5th, 2021, 23:48
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
There have been plenty of complete Fallout 4 mods. The lack of voice-overs is the major drawback.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44364
No, of course there have been. I'm specifically talking about mods that set out to create an existing game within another game's engine. I use lots of mods that add content. I don't use any mods that replicate a game I can already play.
JFarrell71 is offline

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

#8

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,016
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

Default 

June 6th, 2021, 04:46
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Yeah that always sucks but that's usually to avoid a Cease and desist letter.
They already received one of those. That's why the development was halted for a while. They started up again after they decided they would record their own voiceovers.
JDR13 is online now

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#9

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 30,220
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)

Default 

June 6th, 2021, 05:07
I just call that bull-crap because the voice actors might complain they did not get payed or some other non-sense by Bethesda. Keanu did the same with Cyberpunk 2077.

Though in that case it was a mod altering his appearance.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
Last edited by Couchpotato; June 6th, 2021 at 06:03. Reason: Give me an I
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#10

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Banana Republic of America
Posts: 26,367
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

Default 

June 6th, 2021, 17:41
The soul-sucking disappointment that was Fallout Four….it's hard to imagine anything worse than that ever occurring again. Please any reading developers, do not take that as a challenge!!
Carnifex is offline

Carnifex

SasqWatch

#11

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Holly Hill, FL.
Posts: 12,777
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

Default 

June 6th, 2021, 20:09
Except for the dialogue and perk systems, I thought Fallout 4 was an improvement over FO3 in most ways.
JDR13 is online now

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#12

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 30,220
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)

Default 

June 7th, 2021, 23:38
I enjoyed both FO3 & FO4. Still have a game going in each, in fact. I'm debating whether or not to buy a fresh copy of Gothic 1 and crank that up. Steam has it at $9.99. Time to whack some Orcs and kick the crap out of Mud.
Zephyr is offline

Zephyr

Sentinel

#13

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 543
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

June 8th, 2021, 03:29
I vote you get that Gothic and smack an orc or ten!
Carnifex is offline

Carnifex

SasqWatch

#14

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Holly Hill, FL.
Posts: 12,777
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

Default 

June 8th, 2021, 05:37
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
<snip> Morroblivion <snip> Not that any of it was ever finished, because those projects never do get finished.
This is incorrect. Morroblivion was finished a long time ago and is pretty much perfectly playable. It's been part of my Oblivion install for years.
--
"You will find your death pleasant, but your fate unbearable." - Hionhurn the Executioner
KaosWarMonk is offline

KaosWarMonk

KaosWarMonk's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#15

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 816
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Default 

June 8th, 2021, 06:20
Originally Posted by KaosWarMonk View Post
This is incorrect. Morroblivion was finished a long time ago and is pretty much perfectly playable. It's been part of my Oblivion install for years.
1. I like to play games that are more than "pretty much perfectly playable."
2. Morrowind is more than playable.
3. Morrowind looks better than Oblivion. Oblivion can keep its dialogue system and its playdoh people.
4. You can use mods with Morrowind. You cannot use mods with Morroblivion.
5. The most recent version of Morroblivion is 0.65. It is, by definition, not finished.
JFarrell71 is offline

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

#16

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,016
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

Default 

June 8th, 2021, 06:26
Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
I'm debating whether or not to buy a fresh copy of Gothic 1 and crank that up. Steam has it at $9.99. Time to whack some Orcs and kick the crap out of Mud.
You might want to get the GOG version. A lot of people seem to have issues with the Steam version of Gothic on newer OS. It's the same price either way.
JDR13 is online now

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#17

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 30,220
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)

Default 

June 8th, 2021, 17:33
I've the GoG version of the Gothics and have had no issues with any of them, to date. So there's another vote for taking the great old games option.
Carnifex is offline

Carnifex

SasqWatch

#18

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Holly Hill, FL.
Posts: 12,777
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

Default 

June 9th, 2021, 00:49
On the contrary - Morroblivion comes with all the quests, locations, dialogue and story from the original. It has the occasional bug, nothing game breaking, just like the original. Some of the game systems in the OB engine are better than MW. It doesn't need third party apps to enhance the experience. There are plenty of mods for Morroblivion and you can further mod it like any other mod. The base version number of MWOB may never have reached 1.0 but saying it's not finished because of that is just semantics. The mods you say don't exist do exist and are what finished the initial work done to convert MW to OB. Preferring one over the other is fine, saying MWOB wasn't finished or isn't playable just isn't true.
--
"You will find your death pleasant, but your fate unbearable." - Hionhurn the Executioner
KaosWarMonk is offline

KaosWarMonk

KaosWarMonk's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#19

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 816
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Default 

June 9th, 2021, 02:34
Originally Posted by KaosWarMonk View Post
The base version number of MWOB may never have reached 1.0 but saying it's not finished because of that is just semantics.
Version numbers are used to designate when something is finished (and to indicate how far away a program is from being finished when it's not). They serve literally no other purpose.

"Some of the game systems in the OB engine are better than MW."

Maybe to you. I don't like how Oblivion does anything more than Morrowind except for the combat physics, and even then only barely.

"The mods you say don't exist do exist and are what finished the initial work done to convert MW to OB."

From the website: "ModExporter does not yet do a 100% perfect conversion of Tamriel Rebuilt. However, many simple fetch quests will work out-of-the-box. More complex quests will need custom script modifications to work in Morroblivion."

No thanks. I ain't doing any "custom script modifications" to get a mod I can already play in Morrowind to work in a different mod.
JFarrell71 is offline

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

#20

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,016
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout 4 - Fallout 3 Remake Footage
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:24.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch