NWN2 Mod: Baldur's Gate 2: Reloaded - New Trailer - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » NWN2 Mod: Baldur's Gate 2: Reloaded - New Trailer

Default NWN2 Mod: Baldur's Gate 2: Reloaded - New Trailer

June 8th, 2021, 13:56
I think this looks great, and will definitely give it a try. Haven't installed the BG1 remake mod, but this reminds me I should try!
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

June 8th, 2021, 16:42
Interesting effort but to me remaking BGII in the rather bland looking Electron Engine doesn't really improve on the original game, at least to me.

stealth

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

June 8th, 2021, 17:29
The advantage of updating the BG campaign to NWN2 is not about the engine. You are getting it wrong. The original BG series used the AD&D (2nd edition D&D) mechanics, which are somewhat confusing, whereas NWN2 uses the D&D3.5 ruleset. Just for that, this is worth it. Moreover, while I agree that NWN outdated 3D didn't age well, that is not the case for NWN2. If you use the right mods NWN2 can still look great, well, IMO at least.

gabrielarantest

Stubborn Dwarf

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

June 8th, 2021, 17:33
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Well I love both NWN 1&2 so I'm very biased. Still play both. I actually find I enjoy the second game more then the first. I even released a few mods over the last five years.

So no not a waste if time for me sorry not sorry.
NWN2 is one of my favorite games of all time. I still play it from time to time and I never forget its soundtrack and its beautiful starred sky at night. Love it.

Which mods did you release?

gabrielarantest

Stubborn Dwarf

June 8th, 2021, 17:48
Actually, now NWN1 can look good thanks to Enhanced Edition. You can import some pretty neat hi-res textures, models, props, etc. While NWN2 still looks like the 15 years outdated game it is. It never was better than NWN1, at any point in history, neither as an engine or as a game. Now it's just even worse, as NWN1 got the facelift/tech upgrade and NWN2 didn't.

Nereida

Mentioned: Post(s)

June 8th, 2021, 18:02
Baldur's Gate 2: Reloaded
Oh, they have guns now in the Forgotten Realms ?
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

June 8th, 2021, 18:10
Originally Posted by gabrielarantest View Post
The advantage of updating the BG campaign to NWN2 is not about the engine. You are getting it wrong. The original BG series used the AD&D (2nd edition D&D) mechanics, which are somewhat confusing, whereas NWN2 uses the D&D3.5 ruleset. Just for that, this is worth it. Moreover, while I agree that NWN outdated 3D didn't age well, that is not the case for NWN2. If you use the right mods NWN2 can still look great, well, IMO at least.
I wouldn't say I'm getting it wrong. I guess my point is that I feel that BGII is perfect as it is and I don't see the need to remake it. Again, I think it is cool that the team pursue this and wish them all the best but it is not something for me.

stealth

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 8th, 2021, 18:31
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
Now it's just even worse, as NWN1 got the facelift/tech upgrade and NWN2 didn't.
https://www.nexusmods.com/neverwinter2/mods/212

https://www.nexusmods.com/neverwinter2/mods/81

These are just examples. It is not official, but they are good nonetheless.

Originally Posted by stealth View Post
I wouldn't say I'm getting it wrong. I guess my point is that I feel that BGII is perfect as it is and I don't see the need to remake it. Again, I think it is cool that the team pursue this and wish them all the best but it is not something for me.
Yeah, sure, but I was not aiming specifically at you. It was just a general comment about what people were saying that the "engine this" or "the engine that". I was saying that the upgrade here was not the engine, but other stuff.

gabrielarantest

Stubborn Dwarf

+1:

June 8th, 2021, 18:51
I see your point on third ed conversion, just not with using NWN2 for it.

Nereida

Mentioned: Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » NWN2 Mod: Baldur's Gate 2: Reloaded - New Trailer