The Outer Worlds 2 - Announcement Teaser Trailer - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Outer Worlds 2 - Announcement Teaser Trailer

Default The Outer Worlds 2 - Announcement Teaser Trailer

June 13th, 2021, 21:28
Couchpotato spotted a teaser for The Outer Worlds 2:

The Outer Worlds 2 Announcement Teaser Trailer

loading…

More information.
HiddenX is offline

HiddenX

HiddenX's Avatar
The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#1

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NRW/Germany
Posts: 14,090
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)

Default 

June 13th, 2021, 21:45
Gotta hand it to obsidian they nailed CGI trailers perfectly. With the larger budget from Microsoft, I look forward to playing a larger game world with many more improvements.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#2

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Banana Republic of America
Posts: 26,396
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

Default 

June 13th, 2021, 21:51
The trailer is actually hilarious in a good way. I have very tempered expectations for the real game though, after the huge disappointment that that Outer Worlds was for me. Gives the game more room to surprise me in a good way, and almost none to disappoint me again.

Nereida

Guest

#3

Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)

Default 

June 13th, 2021, 21:51
I would strongly suggest to spot Starfield announcement as well
domein is offline

domein

domein's Avatar
Vintage Brewer

#4

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Russia
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default 

June 13th, 2021, 21:52
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Gotta hand it to obsidian they nailed CGI trailers perfectly. With the larger budget from Microsoft, I look forward to playing a larger game world with many more improvements.
Annnnnnd you can do it on game pass…..funny thing I backe Eituden Chronicles and it too is on gamepass. Don't mind backing it at all though.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.
rune_74 is offline

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

#5

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,514
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Default 

June 13th, 2021, 21:54
Good for you our resident Gamepass PR mouthpiece.

Also Starfield is on Gamepass as well in-case you forgot to mention it.
Originally Posted by domein View Post
I would strongly suggest to spot Starfield announcement as well
Starfield Full Presentation E3 2021

loading…
Bethesda finally unveiled new information on Starfield including the all release date which is set to launch in November of 2022!
Credit to me and JDR.

@HiddenX
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#6

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Banana Republic of America
Posts: 26,396
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

Default 

June 13th, 2021, 21:54
Originally Posted by HiddenX View Post
Couchpotato spotted a teaser for The Outer Worlds 2:



More information.
Funny trailer, I liked it. But obsidian is not going to fool me again: TOW 1 was boring as hell.
gabrielarantest is offline

gabrielarantest

gabrielarantest's Avatar
Stubborn Dwarf

#7

Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 355
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

June 13th, 2021, 22:00
Originally Posted by gabrielarantest View Post
Funny trailer, I liked it. But obsidian is not going to fool me again: TOW 1 was boring as hell.
ToW left a bad taste in my mouth as well. I don't think it's terrible, but it definitely fell short of my expectations.

I'm not writing Obsidian off just yet though.
JDR13 is online now

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#8

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 30,267
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)

Default 

June 13th, 2021, 22:05
Personally I enjoyed the NPC's and the conversations. The game was seriously lacking on exploration and the limited variety of weapons, and armor though. Just my opinion.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#9

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Banana Republic of America
Posts: 26,396
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

Default 

June 13th, 2021, 22:05
Hard pass. Obsidian is turning into another Bioware apparently. The Outer Worlds had zero appeal to me, and that goes double for a sequel.
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404
Arkadia7 is offline

Arkadia7

Arkadia7's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

#10

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pacific NorthWest, USA!
Posts: 1,772
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Default 

June 13th, 2021, 22:12
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
ToW left a bad taste in my mouth as well. I don't think it's terrible, but it definitely fell short of my expectations.

I'm not writing Obsidian off just yet though.
ToW was just the latest disappointment. Tyranny was not fun nor PoE2. PoE wasn't really good either, but I respect it because it started the cRPG renaissance. But just so you know, I say this with a heavy heart because Obsidian developed games that I love (e.g. KotR2, and FNV), including my favorite (NWN2).
gabrielarantest is offline

gabrielarantest

gabrielarantest's Avatar
Stubborn Dwarf

#11

Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 355
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Default 

June 13th, 2021, 22:14
YOU HEATHEN I NEED TO CLEANSE YOU IN FIRE.



Alright caps unlocked I get your point.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#12

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Banana Republic of America
Posts: 26,396
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

Default 

June 13th, 2021, 22:34
Fun trailer and clever. I am the lucky one around here as I love POE1, POE2, played Tyranny 4 times through, and enjoyed Outer Worlds a great deal (played twice).

Over the years, however, I have learned I don't fit into the demographics of this place though, usually liking what most others don't and vice-versa.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
wolfgrimdark is offline

wolfgrimdark

wolfgrimdark's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#13

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 2,951
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

Default 

June 13th, 2021, 22:41
Welcome to my world I hate about 50% of every new game announcements most of you fawn over. Most of the time I have 0 interest and the game gets universal applause.

With regards to Obsidian games I enjoyed all of them but get why others don't.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#14

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Banana Republic of America
Posts: 26,396
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

Default 

June 13th, 2021, 22:47
Originally Posted by gabrielarantest View Post
ToW was just the latest disappointment. Tyranny was not fun nor PoE2. PoE wasn't really good either, but I respect it because it started the cRPG renaissance. But just so you know, I say this with a heavy heart because Obsidian developed games that I love (e.g. KotR2, and FNV), including my favorite (NWN2).
Surprised you liked KotOR 2 and NWN 2 but not PoE 1 & 2. I think the PoE games are great. Haven't tried Tyranny yet.
JDR13 is online now

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#15

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 30,267
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)

Default 

June 13th, 2021, 23:14
Only thing of interest in the trailer was the rocket boots the figures were wearing; Obsidian bringing a some ELEX gameplay in to the series?
For what its worth, I had a lot of fun with the game and hope for some huge areas to explore.
shamroxor is offline

shamroxor

shamroxor's Avatar
Watchdog

#16

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northern Hemisphere
Posts: 104
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default 

June 14th, 2021, 00:49
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
With the larger budget from Microsoft, I look forward to playing a LONGER larger game world with many more improvements.
Corrected
Telstar is offline

Telstar

Telstar's Avatar
CRPG lover

#17

Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Italy
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default 

June 14th, 2021, 00:51
Originally Posted by gabrielarantest View Post
Tyranny was not fun nor PoE2.
Are you kidding? Tyranny was the best RPG that Obsidian has ever made and in my personal top5. One of the few I played twice.
Telstar is offline

Telstar

Telstar's Avatar
CRPG lover

#18

Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Italy
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default 

June 14th, 2021, 03:12
Originally Posted by Telstar View Post
Are you kidding? Tyranny was the best RPG that Obsidian has ever made and in my personal top5. One of the few I played twice.
100% agree. Tyranny is easily Obsidian's best game. It's a real bummer that it didn't get the love it deserved. I'd take a sequel to that over another PoE game any day.
Pineapple Ferguson is offline

Pineapple Ferguson

Pineapple Ferguson's Avatar
Watcher

#19

Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default 

June 14th, 2021, 03:18
I'm playing Tyranny right now, and while I think it seriously should have a turn-based option, I'm having fun with it. Except the next time I play I think I'm going to go full anarchist mode, as all the factions I've encountered to date seem like a steaming pile of d-bags. I'm not sure it's Obsidian's best game to date but it's well worth playing, for me PoE2 was the better game.
Carnifex is offline

Carnifex

SasqWatch

#20

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Holly Hill, FL.
Posts: 12,818
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Outer Worlds 2 - Announcement Teaser Trailer
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:07.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch