Drakensang Things I missed the first time

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
I've restarted Drakensang are played up to Blood Mountains with a handful of characters. It seems like every playthrough, I find a little more to do than I did the first time through. I thought I'd add a few of these so that others don't miss them if they are as unobservant as I am :D

If you don't have the skinning knife-you can harvest most animals twice. Bend over grab stuff, click again on same carcass and find more. A skinning knife just saves one step, you get all the stuff in one click.

Go back into the taverns, and other enterable locations after each map change. There are often new quests to be had in the taverns.

Make sure to buy the rarer items when you visit one-stop locations. You'll be locked out after you leave.

Everyone should learn a missile weapon. Arrows are found everywhere so if everyone can use a bow at 5 or 6 skill level, you'll kill a ton of foes without taking a hit yourself. I kill almost everything outdoors without entering melee.

Feel free to add your tips.

Wow very helpful...didnt know about the skinning knife. I tend to sell anything and everything I pick up unless it makes my characters stronger or an upgrade in equipment. My game time is very short so I try to find the quickest route to finishing quests and miss things at times because I can't explore too much. These hints would help...add more if you have any even if you think they are minute.

I'm pretty impressed by some of the quests in this game. At first I didn't think that the social skills were all that important, but I'm seeing some important uses for them. I'd recommend everyone have at least one character that's somewhat decent with every social skill. One cool quest:

I got to it after Blood Mountain, but it may have been with the moor, not sure, but if you go to the gate leading out of Ducal Palace, there's a guard that's gotta take a piss and he wants you to keep an eye out for a few choice scoundrels. Depending on you social skills, you get quite a few little responses. It's a short little quest, but it's stuff like this that really gives you a fun break from the Fedex style delivery quests or the whole "kill that guy" type stuff.

I enjoyed that little gem also.

To have an idea of how many quest stuff you didn't get, you could count how many you end with and compare with an approximate maximum, just an aproximate because there are variations and exclusive quests.

I had 88 with one failed deliberately and noticed a few quest items never used and few clear tricky quest never solved, sort of quest that appear only at the end when you solve it.

I rushed too fast through that murder mystery dungeon (the sewers, actually). Later, one cannot go into them, anymore. Therefore I missed a few things there, it seems.

What I liked very much was the three dwarves in in Ferdok (don't remember which quarter - ducal area ?).

For me it's blood mountain where I probably missed more quests and stuffs. Yes the three dwarfs was fun, they are first in ducal area and after in Praios square.

Murder mystery dungeon, it's weird that remind me nothing. But sewers does, multiple, the first small one, the chase.

I meant the chase from relatively early of the game, I used the expression "murder mystery dungeon", because someone here used it before.

Ha the chase, I'm not sure but I remember this:
There's a secret passage but I don't remember any quest here.

I'm replaying now and for now I don't feel it boring as most replay involve for me. Some dialogs continue make me smile and skipping any dialog I want skip is done quite easily.

For sure the best for a replay is alternate choices, complex fights, and stuff missed first time. Well for alternate choices it's more stuff missed first time I found and for complex fights the game isn't bad but doesn't shine either. At least fights aren't boring and now I'm more experienced I try stuff in first fights I didn't before.

Another little tidbit I missed the first time: Save all rat tails because the cook at the Silver Pitcher buys them for 4 farthings each. I had sold all my rat tails before leaving Avestrue and missed out on some major early-game money. Of course, by mid-game you have all the money you'll need.

Another easy to miss quest happens later: There will be an elven ranger sitting on a pile of wood near the temple of Helsinde after coming back from Blood Mountains. He will give you a quest that results in a nice bow if you complete it.

At this point of my replay I quote no real problem of money and left Averstrue with about 24 Duca. The point is that I'm not in hurry to buy many skills and spells when at first play you feel the need to buy everything. At replay you concentrate on the really useful and that makes a difference.

I haven't yet notice new quests during my replay but I see more stuff:

• Get 2 Duca for the tongues in Averstrue and clearly you could skip completely this quest for more somewhere else. I noticed later someone is looking for some, but not sure you cannot find any somewhere else.
  • I haven't seen the funny dialog of Captain Barla about Dranor misfortune, quite cool.
  • About the tail rats at my first play I haggle and failed so get paid only 2 each so this time I skip to wait I have better skill in my party. Now I regret not have try get Gladys first for a change.
  • When looking for Gladys I didn't quote I was followed at my first play, now I did, nice detail.
  • At my first play I solved the two murders first and skip Aldo investigation and that closed Aldo investigation. I was still able to get some detail after but not all like I got at this replay.

They called the first villages Averstrue ?

It should be kind of "Avestrue" - named after Aves, the half-god of all adventurers.

That you begin the game in a village with this name is quite symbolic - but I fear most English-language miss that point, because they have no knowledge of Aves.

He also has a small shrine in the village.

Something I was curious about the first time I played half way through and later on completed:

During the murder investigation, you get info on an informant that is waiting for you. My first game I left the area and was informed that I missed the informant. I got a funny feeling that I was missing a lot and I wasn't happy with my character anyway so I restarted and met with the informant the second time. Now that I know what this person was all about, I'm curious to know what happens if you continue on without meeting her?

Something I was curious about the first time I played half way through and later on completed:

During the murder investigation, you get info on an informant that is waiting for you. My first game I left the area and was informed that I missed the informant. I got a funny feeling that I was missing a lot and I wasn't happy with my character anyway so I restarted and met with the informant the second time. Now that I know what this person was all about, I'm curious to know what happens if you continue on without meeting her?

Interesting, I wouldn't suspect the game has planned an alternate path for this. I'll definitely try this one for my replay, well it's too late for my current healer play but I'm looking for trying Battlemage or Metamage so will try this.

Okay, I didn't know that.

By the way, I missed one informant there (in Ferdok), too, with no negative results.

[*]Get 2 Duca for the tongues in Averstrue and clearly you could skip completely this quest for more somewhere else. I noticed later someone is looking for some, but not sure you cannot find any somewhere else.
Yes, but, even if you can get more later, 2 ducats at that point in the game are probably much more useful than 4 ducats later.

It seems like you can sell them for 5 Ducats at one of the Ducal Palace area merchants. This is still pretty early in-game when money is still needed.

@wolfing: Yep clearly, but to see the variation why not. And in this area you don't lack of money because there's few to buy. Also for the area that follows it's not the original sum that will make a change.

Back
Top Bottom