Urtuk: The Desolation - Preview

It does seem like something I'd enjoy, I'll be waiting until it exists early access before making a decision.

I've tested this one, already have 100h of gameplay, and i can say it's already more than playable, the campaign is complete (you can finish the game) and it's quite polished. Dev (hi dave!) did mostly add stuff and introduced new mechanics during this testing period, so if you are expecting the typical still Alpha release branded "EA" this is not the case.
By the way i think the game is good , it may look simple at start but it actually isn't there is some loot variety, you can recruit everything you see in the game (that's a great feature), mutators mechanics -recently revamped- adds that little something and calamities etc…

Already stated many times, EA is part of the experience. Devs release various versions, all of them playable.

People who jump in have the most of it. They will get more hourage than people who wait for the final release.

This product is streamed. Tons of content indeed but it fails to convey any sense of purpose. Players do stuff. It ends there.

What They Live said. This game is frickin' amazing, have played around 60 hours. It really scratches that combat-combat-combat itch. I was really excited to see they're planning another year's worth of features and content. That's wild considering I'd call it complete right now.

Gameplay-wise, I'd say if you like Battle Brothers there's a solid chance you'll like this. Urtuk also has a Stamina system, but you don't get bogged down all the time trying to catch your breath. In BB it costs stamina to hit an enemy, it costs stamina to miss an enemy, it costs stamina to get hit by an enemy, it costs stamina to wear armor, it costs stamina to walk, and of course it costs A LOT of stamina to use your best abilities or get hit by a warhammer. But the good news is, if you skip your turn in the middle of the fray, you get about 1/5 of your stamina back!

Also, since I think this worth saying again: every enemy you face in the game can be recruited if you keep your eyes open! The Necroreavers have this f*(&^ing pain-in-the-ASS javelin chucker centaur-looking guy. They show up with 4 or 5 of them and it's just merciless. They also have a ramming attack, which is seriously dangerous because of the effed up terrain hazards. Now finally I have one of these bastards on my side, and I discover he's got a bunch of other great passive abilities. Checkmate, Atheists!
----
"hourage," Chien? Imaginary words aside, today it sounds like you're writing purely in haiku.

I'll probably pick this up in EA to support them, then sit on it for a bit.

Congratulations to the developer! Very nice GUI! Excellent hex-based combat grid, just like in fantastic Blackguards I-II and the graphics is unique. Plus there is an atmospheric Gore-Fantasy World that I likey-likey very much. SOLD ==>DAY ONE PURCHASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this game based off of darkest dungeon engine ?

I kept waiting for the guy in the video to make that comparison, as the art style looks very similar to me too. But every time he would say “the art style reminds me of Dark...Souls” smh

This kind of vid products are better experienced while under the constant input flow of new content as it happens during EA.

Once the content is drained, there is nothing to come back to.

----
"hourage," Chien? Imaginary words aside, today it sounds like you're writing purely in haiku.

Hourage, mileage, these vid products collect hours as utility car collect kms.
Once they reach 100,000 kms, time to drop them, they are used. Nothing to distinguish the 51,000 th km from the 51, 547 km, all bland, all merged in a formless pool of unrecognized moments.

A manifesto professing that the increase of life expectancy is a negative occurrence in the history of humanity could feature these vid products as an evidence of people living too long to the point they feel obliged to play that kind of stuff.

I kept waiting for the guy in the video to make that comparison, as the art style looks very similar to me too. But every time he would say “the art style reminds me of Dark…Souls” smh

That sounds pretty funny to me. Chris Bourassa did Darkest Dungeon and this isn't him. The dev told me they're both heavily inspired by Mike Mignola, thus the similar styles.

Back
Top Bottom