ME3 to Have Co-op Or MP at Gamescon

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
It appears that the cover of Xbox World 360 latest issue revealed something that has been rumored for quite a while: BioWare's sci-fi threequel will feature a multiplayer mode. According to a tweet from Alexander Donaldson (co-founder and owner of the UFF Network) Mass Effect 3's much-rumored multiplayer mode will make its debut at GamesCom and will be playable at two UK Trade shows in September:

Now the cat is out: it's a GamesCom debut and will be playable at 2 UK trade shows in September.

So far there are no details on what the mode will feature, although you may remember that there have been rumors of it being a 4 players co-op "Horde-style" mode. It should be interesting to see how it works, either way.

Update: It appears that Mass Effect 3 multiplayer mode may not be so confirmed after all, as (according to the posters at NeoGAF) the quote from the magazine is as it follows:

"Well, if you believe the rumours - which we certainly do - ME3 will have MP. According to various sources, there will be a batch of 3 player co-op missions that run parallel to the main story, with each player assuming the role of a single squad mate. It seems likely that this will happen, and it'll form part of EA's Online Pass system. However devs have been known to ditch MP during development in the past, if it doesn't work…"

This still leaves Donaldson's quote, which, if true, would mean we won't have to wait much longer for a reveal.

Well here is my reaction.

0efkfrc9n.gif

Picture says it all. Excuse me while I go into a hissy fit.

EA always has a big community thing at the GC. Two years ago they had rented a whole floor in the building in which the GDC Europe took place immediately before the GC. Community "representatives" from all over Europe were flown in. The admins of the biggest communities even got their hotels paid for the whole show (so I've heard).
So the GC would indeed be the right place for EA to make such an announcement.

XD
the game
U mad?

This is horrible news if true. :end:

Yes! 3rd-person over-shoulder view, cover, refilling shields etc is about to get stealth, rail-shooter scenes (probably with infinite ammo and overheating turret) and now rumoured co-op!

Now we only need platform elements!

uncharted-movie.jpg

That said, I cincerly hope they make sure to clean out the last traces of RPG gameplay elements because NO ONE WANT TO BE SPECIAL!

110411normal.jpg

Every game needs multiplayer or it won't sell dudes! Can we put multiplayer in? What kind of multiplayer can we put in? Hello?

No you see they added MP so you can grind for XP and Stats. There's your added rpg elements right there. Didn't you know.

Really All they want is this.

dolarani.gif

And everyone on the internet will do this. Just because its Bioware and there Awesome.

fist_full_cash_md_wht.gif

Last edited:
I sincerely hope that ME3 will have an awesome button, else I would get bored.

8676.jpg

As long as the MP isn't required to finish the story it's not a big deal - certainly not along the lines of Diablo III's DRM and Real Money auction houses.

Every game needs multiplayer or it won't sell dudes! Can we put multiplayer in? What kind of multiplayer can we put in? Hello?

That's what people have been telling since 10 years now.

Put in ANY game - well, not an adventure game, for example - and sooner or later someone popped up creating a new thread on "WANTING MULTIPLAYER !!!11111!!11!!11" or so.

This has been happening ince 10 years now.

Co-op could work out fine in a Mass Effect game, similar to DS3. I have a lot of friends who really enjoy co-op, so they'll be happy about this (if ME3 really does have a co-op mode).

Anyway, I'll just play the single player game, as usual.

Relax. It could work well. It seems they want to add a few co-op maps parrallel to the single-player campaign, i.e. they won't be in each other's way.

Here I was thinking the reason for the March 2012 delay was to release ME2 GotY edition for the holidays to suck more lootz out of us.

Back
Top Bottom