Risen 3: Titan Lords - New CGI Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Deep Silver & Piranha Bytes have released a new CGI trailer for Risen 3. No game footage yet guys but at least we have new game coverage at last in English.

Risen 3: Titan Lords – CGI Trailer Sets Tone For The Classic RPG

Deep Silver and Piranha Bytes today reveal an action-paced CGI-Trailer to set the tone for the upcoming classic RPG “Risen 3: Titan Lords”.

Bereft of his soul, a young warrior seeks for salvation and has to fight the soaring darkness. Even worse: In the whole world, skull caves rise from the grounds and spill creatures of the shadow on the earth. To win back his soul, our hero must fight the darkest threat of the Risen saga.

About Risen 3
The key element of the cult Gothic series as well as Risen is the vivid world and the freedom to explore it. The world of Risen 3: Titan Lords will be diverse, authentic and full of life, providing the player with an authentic, classic RPG experience.

“Like a carpenter with a hand-crafted piece of furniture, we put together the story, the characters and the landscape until it all fits and the player has the possibility to discover things all around the place. You can try out and find things that others might not. Exploration is the key to our game”, says Bjoern Pankratz, Project Lead at Piranha Bytes.

The world of Risen 3 is abandoned by all gods and suffers from the Titan Wars when a new threat rises from the soil. A young warrior is attacked from the shadows and deprived of his soul. He sets off to reclaim what is lost amidst the darkness that is spreading throughout the world. The banned Mages could be powerful allies on his quest. To get their help, he needs to find the Mage sanctuary on Taranis, also known as the Island of Thunder. Protected by the Guardians, the Mages search the mines of Taranis for crystals loaded with magic energy. Will the player join the Guardians to get in contact with the Mages? Or will he choose one of the other guilds in Risen 3 to reach his goals?

Official Website: http://risen3.deepsilver.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/risengame
Twitter: www.twitter.com/deepsilver
More information.

It looks too singleplayerish!
And because of that - I love it.

So its delayed to December 2014 now?
No the video says 8/12/2014 so it's still in August. Though I wont deny they might delay the game as it usually happens to most RPGs near release.

So its delayed to December 2014 now?

August,12,2014 Is the way I read it.

Edit- couch beat me to it.

I long for the day that graphics and gameplay are like that in-game.

I'll probably be to old to play by then though.

Ah, its an american date notation then - in the UK thats the 8th of December!
I feel like Homer Simpson right now.

photostream
Homer-Simpson.jpg

Your correct the video uses the American date system, and I forgot the European system is different with the numbers.:blush:

Don't worry Couch, it is not your fault, they should have used months names instead of numbers to cater for both date systems.

Don't worry Couch, it is not your fault, they should have used months names instead of numbers to cater for both date systems.

Or the Americans should learn how to do it properly. And adapt the metric system… ;)

The Witcher meets Dark Souls, hopefully in the style of Gothic?

Or the Americans shoudl learn hot to do it properly. And adapt the metric system… ;)
Not going to happen as the government has tried, and failed multiple times.;)

Now as for the game I wish we had more English interviews as I can't find a single one. It would be nice to have more information to read instead of just videos, and images.
The Witcher meets Dark Souls, hopefully in the style of Gothic?
One can dream it will be be, but sadly their not the same developer they were in the past. I will still enjoy the third game despite that reason though.:)

Well, at least I have never seen a trailer like that from PB. If it was labelled a Witcher 3 trailer, I wouldn't have known the difference. Maybe they are better funded this time.

I think you can rate PB games by the point it appears they ran out of development money. Gothic, plays well all the way through. Gothic 2, 90% awesome, only that last chapter just feels like it was tacked on. Gothic 3, maybe about 60% awesome, it definitely suffers some early too and and not just at the end. Risen 1, 50% awesome, the last half of the game is pure repetition over areas you visited earlier. I never played Risen 2.

Maybe they got the funding to make the whole game this time… One can hope.

Good news on the amouncment. I always look forward to a new PB game.

However I stopped watching these kind of ultra set-uped trailers years ago. It's always the same over the top graphics and unrealistic movement and carmera angles, instead of showing the real game.

I sort of have to agree with Burress' assessment. G1 & 2 were the best. G3 was almost there, but I hated the snowy north area with a passion. The desert was my favorite area.

There's little doubt that Gothic 1&2 were their best, but I also think that Risen 1&2 are better than the general assessment given to them.

I find it a little strange that Risen 3 is supposedly only 3 months away from release and we've seen zero gameplay footage.

But wouldn't American-style date delimited by slashes, rather than dots? Dots seem to be more of European thing, so for me it points to December.

Sorry, only thing I can add to the discussion because what can I say about generic trailer? Gameplay is what I want to see.

I agree, trailer is rather generic and not saying much, though I guess that's usually the case with CGI trailers. :)

So, release date in August? I'm surprised about how soon that is already! Didn't they announce this game only a few months ago?
Does anybody know how long this has been in development for, by any chance?

Very much looking forward to seeing some gameplay! :)

Maybe we/they got the year wrong ;)

Seriously though I expect them to start ramping up their PR now. This looks like a good month to do so too as there are not any high profile RPG releases to contend with I believe...

(Well LoX is "pretty damn high profile" for me, if it is indeed coming in May, or pretty eagerly anticipated at least, but I doubt it will dominate the headlines ;) )

I agree, trailer is rather generic and not saying much, though I guess that's usually the case with CGI trailers. :)

True, although some at least have some decent pacing and editing, perhaps some story hooks, or even a tiny but good story. For example it was quite clear that SW:ToR trailers will have nothing to do with gameplay, but they were fun to watch. Lately even AAA products get boring cinematics with generic fight happening in a generic way (to keep with my MMO example, ESO trailers were pretty dreadful).

Of course, even the best cutscene won't sell me the game so I'd rather see those budgets used to enhance gameplay but unfortunately the reality is that PR trumps development :/

I agree with Buress.
G1 and 2 were great.
G3 was fun but had its flaws.

Risen 1 started fun, but lost it at the later parts.
Risen 2 I did play, but never finished, it just didn't grab me like the other games.

I do admitt that this CGI got me interested again in a way like Buress mentioned earlier: the witcher/Gothic/Dark Souls.

l'm interested, let's hope it stays that way

Back
Top Bottom