Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
It feels like a lot of their hot fixes are as large as other companies full patches.

Well another Hofix to fix Pathfinder: Kingmaker Hotfix 1.1.2 was released.

Link - https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/1720835165967881502

Hello everyone!

Please, be aware of the plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!

Quests

• The "Turn the barony into an independent country" objective of the quest "How to Build a Kingdom" could get stuck even after the player fulfilled necessary conditions. Resolution: fixed.
  • The "How to Build a Kingdom" quest got stuck on the "Reach rank 8 of any kingdom's stats" objective even when the rank of kingdom stat was already 8 or higher. Resolution: fixed.
  • Added information on where to find Jenna during the "Lost Child" quest to the Journal (she is waiting for the player at the Capital Tavern, as she always was).

Areas

• The peasant rebellion at the Capital Square conflicted with the romance event at the Tavern. Resolution: fixed.
  • Nok-Nok could get stuck in the "Goblin Clearing" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • For Tristian and Jaethal, incorrect dialogue could be displayed after the "Test of Loyalty" event. Resolution: fixed.
  • From now on, companions involved in a romantic relationship with the player will gain twice as many affection points for dialogue interactions during the Twice-Born Warlord and the War of the River Kings chapters. This will give the players another chance to properly develop their romances before the game's finale.

Kingdom

• The number of new projects shown in the kingdom UI could be incorrect. Resolution: fixed.
  • The event about Jubilost's article could trigger even after Jhod was not available to present it. Resolution: the event will not happen in this case.
  • Incorrect visualization for results of Pitax Influence events. Resolution: fixed.

User Interfaces

• Many tutorial illustrations have been updated.
  • Carry weight: there used to be no notification on party overload. Resolution: fixed.
  • Inspect: the DCs of checks that must be passed to reveal information about enemies were added to the Inspect window.
  • There was no information on the Favored Enemy bonus with ranged attacks in the Combat Log. Resolution: fixed.

Classes & Mechanics

• Some effects from cleric Domain Powers did not provide bonuses. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some cleric Domain Powers did not show the proper number of charges left on the control panel. Resolution: fixed.
  • Aldori Defender's ability Defensive Parry was only giving +1 AC regardless of character level. Resolution: fixed.
  • Wild Hunt Archer's Attack bonus increased every time they attack targets in some specific cases. Resolution: fixed.
  • Players couldn't level-up Octavia using a premade build. Resolution: fixed for players that haven't had Octavia as their companion yet.
  • Enhancing your weapon for +2 with Arcane Weapon Enhancement while Enduring Blade was on resulted in only a +1 bonus. Resolution: fixed.
  • Enabling more expensive Arcane Weapon Enhancements for Magus and Divine Weapon Enhancements for Paladin would not always disable the proper amount of previously used enhancements and did not properly recalculate the enhancement bonus left. Resolution: fixed.
  • Bonuses to attack and damage from Shield Master feat were not showing up on the character screen. Resolution: fixed.
  • Shield Master feat did not negate the penalty you suffer on your attack rolls with a shield when fighting with two weapons. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Lantern King's Curse restricted characters' caster level and didn't impact on outgoing healing. Resolution: fixed.
  • Balance adjustment: the Dаmage Reduction and Energy Resistance of enemies is halved on Normal difficulty and disabled on Story difficulty.

Miscellaneous

• Some bow models could make the character model invisible in the Inventory. Resolution: fixed.
  • Linzi, Tristian and Jaethal could disappear from the party roster in some cases. Resolution: fixed. Affected players can pick up the missing character in the Capital.
  • Players were confused by the absence of a loading screen after the "baronation" event - there was just a long fade-out instead. Resolution: fixed
  • Short bows had visual issues while equipped on the back. Resolved: fixed.
  • Some fixes for death and fainting animations.
List is almost the same as the Beta one.

Latest Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog Q&A
Greetings warriors of Calradia!

When you read the word ?scene? you most likely think of a movie or play: a character does or says something in a certain situation and place; when that?s done, the scene is over. But in level design, the word has a different meaning. There, a scene is more like a scene in a pen and paper roleplaying game, where the dungeon master defines the space (say, a tavern), the context (bustling with people because there?s a huge storm outside), and the most relevant information game-wise: where the exits and entries are, what the important NPCs are doing? The narrator doesn?t actually write what the characters are saying or will say: what they do is create a space full of possibilities to play with.

In this week?s blog, we talk with one of our level designers and video production artist, G?nd?zhan G?nd?z, who is currently working on scenes for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord ? thus creating the very places in Calradia where your adventures will take place.

More Negative Fallout 76 Videos.

Internet gamers blowing up over "we aren't going to do anything about it" are ignoring that the original email asks snarkily, "what are you going to do about?"

You can't say for sure if the reply is simply a reply or the guy was just being snarky back but I can understand the response if he was.

Here's the webpage Quartering was showing in his video to demonstrate the code was copypasta

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news...ctly-copied-from-skyrim-and-fallout-4-1955244

Here's Christian Lietes original discovery of this
https://twitter.com/jhyjbj/status/1066679281273761792

TBH - who cares if its a skyrim/fallout4 mod (or asset resuse). Companies do this all the time to save extra work/money. I'm not saying this is a good thing but the way he talks its equivalent to giving a nylon bag to a customer who paid $200 expecting canvas.

I just can't stop laughing at Bethesda every day since Fallout 76's launch.:lol:

Fallout 3 and the Making of an RPG Classic Retrospective on TechRadar
One of Joel Burgess's proudest moments as Fallout 3's lead level designer was giving a big "F*ck You" to players. Literally.

It started when the team realized, only six months or so before release, that the map felt too small. They had used The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion as a template for how big the map should be and how often players should discover points of interest – but where Oblivion had forests and mountains to hide far-off towns, Fallout 3's flatter world meant that you could see landmarks on the horizon, which made them feel closer.

"The tone of Fallout doesn't work if it's not a bit lonely," Burgess tells me. "The rate of discovery was a bit high, and we wanted to thin that out."

It meant the team had to add around 20% to the map in its north-west corner. Burgess describes it as "one of our last big scrambles", and it mainly involved shuffling existing locations. But it also added fresh structures in these newly-created regions, including explorable satellite towers hiding enemies and loot.

Last edited:
Since you're avoiding to spread the news:
https://wccftech.com/elder-scrolls-blades-delayed-early-2019/
Bethesda announced via Twitter the delay of Elder Scrolls Blades, the upcoming first-person mobile roleplaying game due to release on iOS and Android devices. Elder Scrolls Blades will now launch on those platforms early next year; interested fans can already pre-register to be notified once it’s released.
A MASSIVE, FIRST PERSON ROLE PLAYING GAME CREATED FOR MOBILE.
In The Elder Scrolls: Blades you are member of the ancient order of the Blades. Forced into exile, you seek refuge in your remote hometown only to find it reduced to rubble. Now, it’s up to you to restore your town back to its former glory.
-
Just like other Elder Scroll titles, Blade will be a first-person game and will be operated via touch controls. You can swing your sword, cast spells, deflect and much more. You can fight one-on-one combats in the Fighting Arena in real time with other players as well. Moreover, the roguelike Abyss mode hides the treasure in an endless dungeon.

Wait… Wasn't I just posting about this "mighty quest/loot" thing in another thread about another phonegame?!
:D

@TheRealFluent; haven't I? My memory is slippin'!

Cyberpunk 2077 Developer Explains How It's Building Night City
Today?s issue of Weekly Famitsu included an interview to Cyberpunk 2077 Environment City Coordinator Hiroshi Sakakibara, who provided some intriguing details about the creation of the game?s main setting, Night City.
Yakuza announcement teased for Games Showcase on December 8
Sega has teased a Yakuza-related announcement for the Kinda Funny Games Showcase on December 8.

Kinda Funny Games Showcase host Greg Miller tweeted, ?Hey @YakuzaGame and @Sega. You wanna announce something at #KGFShowcase?? Sega responded, ?You know what. You?ve convinced us. Sure!?
Can Bethesda redeem Fallout 76?
After recording a podcast about how it's such an exciting time for Pok?mon fans with Let's Go, you can't quite say the same for those looking forward to Fallout 76, the online spin-off in Bethesda's role-playing series.

Unfortunately, after playing both the beta and the full release, it ranges from middling to being a bizarre, boring, broken mess as described in our Fallout 76 review.
Finding Fallout 76?s Core Audience
Despite what you?ll hear, the initial reaction to Fallout 76 wasn?t immediate anger.

Instead, there was a mixed response geared more towards skepticism at just how the game would work. It?s always online and seems to have survival elements (but don?t call it a survival title, insists Bethesda). Is it like Rust? Well, it?s very heavily focused on co-operation and you kind of exist within the world as your own entity, helping travelers along the way. So was it a shared world experience like Destiny?

I can’t help but think at this point: Who would enjoy Fallout 76? This isn’t an indictment on people who like the game. Heck, if you just like playing games, alone or with your friends, then that’s great. It’s just an honest question – who is meant to enjoy Fallout 76? Which audience is it for?

Since you're avoiding to spread the news:
https://wccftech.com/elder-scrolls-blades-delayed-early-2019/

Wait? Wasn't I just posting about this "mighty quest/loot" thing in another thread about another phonegame?!
:D

@TheRealFluent; haven't I? My memory is slippin'!

Elder Scrolls Blades I'm interested in. It's a full-blown Elder Scrolls game, but it has 3 modes. One is the endless abyss, how far can you go in it. One is the arena, but the main game mode is the story/town mode, where you go through the game, dungeons, outdoor areas, etc., while rebuilding the destroyed town you lived in. It sounds pretty neat but I probably wouldn't play the Abyss or Arena modes.

If you're comparing this to Kingmaker, the Endless Dungeon DLC in Kingmaker happens right in the game, probably with a small story and also connects you within the game itself, so if you pull a +4 Flaming Glaive from level 12 of the dungeon, you can use it continuing in the main story mode. So I only like those types of endless dungeons when the main story mode is also connected in the same game, not really as a standalone mode.

Elder Scrolls Blades does sound pretty cool though, and it will be ported to PC, too, even high end VR on PC. Since I'm getting Skyrim VR soon it will be another welcome addition to my small and growing VR library. :)

Beamdog Nov 30th Livestream & Recap
Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Producer Luke Rideout shared the latest Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and Infinity Engine news.
Full recap on the Beamblog

Thief of Fate Remastering Comparison Video

A sneak preview of how Krome & inXile are working to update The Bard's Tale III: Thief of Fate for The Bard's Tale Trilogy!
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Patch v4.0.0 Beta Released
We have just placed our 4.0.0 patch onto the Beta Branches of Steam. GOG will follow tomorrow. Click here for instructions of how to join the Beta. Please bear in mind that many changes are still being worked on and added as we get closer to patch! Please try out some of the new sub-classes, Mega-Bosses, & god Challenges (listed below) and give us your feedback here. Please let us know if this patch has any unintended effects on your gamestate or if you encounter any new bugs from this patch, here in our beta forums. Thank you in advance for your help and feedback!!

Battletech: Flashpoint Reviews

PC Gamer
There are a lot of ways to get into Flashpoint, but with its biggest features being geared more towards the end-game and second playthroughs, it’s not quite essential if you’re just starting out as a first-time mech commander. It should still absolutely be on your radar, and if you've been considering another round of robot brawling, Flashpoint is a great excuse.
Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Flashpoint is fine expansion in terms of re-engineering BattleTech for extended play, then – far better than kicking us into another pit of mega-story or necessitating a new beginning. Long-term, I’d love to see more vibrancy from BattleTech – wilder planets, more colourful mechs and special attacks, grimier, punchier characters – but I suspect only the latter is compatible with this decades-old setting. Already though, a Flashpoint-augmented BattleTech is a significantly leaner and more adaptable machine than the lumbering brute of launch.
Strategy Gamer
BattleTech is a solid tactics game, but I’m not convinced there’s enough to it to support the kind of long-tail engagement that expansions like Flashpoint assume it demands. The promise of unending procedural content in games is always eventually undercut by the reality that procedural content doesn’t do new things in interesting ways, and by the time I reached the end of BattleTech’s campaign, I’d seen about all I wanted to see. Flashpoint doesn’t offer anything transformative, the way XCOM 2’s War of the Chosen expansion did. Dedicated BattleTech players will want to give this a look, but with as many options as we have now for interesting strategy experiences, everyone else can consider this addition as highly optional.
Save Or Quit
BATTLETECH: Flashpoint is not quite what I expected, but it’s still a great addition to the game.

Flashpoint adds a decent amount of new stuff: mechs, missions, and a biome. It evens out some of the gameplay, though these changes will be included in a core game patch as well anyway, and it provides a number of options to customise your game, but some minor issues from the core game remain. The new Flashpoints are very cool, as are the new biome and mechs (if a little overpowered in their specialities), but the career mode is disappointingly cribbed from the campaign; it would have been much better with a different ship and crew.

Flashpoint is an evolutionary improvement rather than a revolutionary one, but if you like BATTLETECH, you should definitely pick it up.
GameCritics
Overall, Flashpoint doesn’t offer anything that will pull new players in — almost everything in this DLC is geared toward end- or post-game content, and this is its underlying problem. If all of these elements were mixed in with the single player campaign, they’d be nice flavor in the otherwise-dull side content. However, since this DLC seems tailor-made for people who’ve already finished the story (like me) there just isn’t enough to hold my interest. Perhaps when the other two planned DLCs drop, the blend of all three additions will justify the $50 season pass (or $20 for Flashpoint alone) but right now there just isn’t enough of it.

Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms Trailer

Set in a vibrant fantasy world, built with the help of RPG legend Chris Avellone, Alaloth – Champions of The Four Kingdoms offers fast paced action with a deep narrative, in between a cRPG and an aRPG. The very first isometric souls-like game ever made: instant action, fun and a unique hardcore combat system to master. Intense combat and dungeon diving granted!
Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms Preview
It’s been a while since our last post on Xbox Wire. Last time we were here, it was to announce the release of Unit 4, our first award-winning Xbox One title. Two years (and a bunch of games) later we are back in action to share with you that our flagship project, Alaloth – Champions of The Four Kingdoms, is on its way to Xbox One in 2019. Alaloth – Champions of The Four Kingdoms is an RPG set in a vibrant fantasy world and we love to pitch the game as the very first isometric souls-like game currently in development. We are trying to stay between classic and modern action RPG, offering a fast-paced gameplay and a deep narrative, in a gritty, dark, mature environment filled with blood and magic!

When it is about visuals, you can easily think about games from the ‘90s (Infinity Engine anyone?): isometric view, gorgeous hand-painted, pre-rendered environments and so on. But when it is about combat, everything changes because there is no tactical pause: you must be good with your gamepad to kill your enemies. That’s the meaning of “in-between classic and modern.” You’ll have the chance to plan your strategy of course, but you can do it only in safe areas such as taverns or around a bonfire, with the help of 12 unique companions from 4 different kingdoms, banding together (or not) to prevent the return of Alaloth, the bad boy challenging the gods and willing to wipe out the world.
Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms Screenshots

The_Dancing_Pony.jpg Baystone.jpg

NirThiniel.jpg Elementalist.jpg

AngryJoe Fallout 76 Angry Rant! - Extended Review Discussion

Well I say bring it on.

Frankly I cant enjoy cartoonist family friendly RPGs.

Now joking aside we get it Alrik you don't like playing games with dark themes.

Last edited:
Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms
Unity is slowly becoming RPGmaker2 - every other game is made with it, all feel the same, all have disastrous loading time even with SSD and romances are still worse than in BG2. Aka: it sux.
Wait till tomorrow for yet another Unity title and I'll have the same reaction.

Back
Top Bottom