Dragon Age 4 - Top 10 Suggestions

It's interesting to see you create an opposition here between justice and morality.

No, theres a difference between sjw and morality. Or sjw and justice.
While the term sjw includes the word justice its actually a misnomer because the majority of reasons someone is called an sjw it has little to do with actual justice.

Most people barking up the social justice tree wouldn't know justice if it bit them in the face. At best they seek retributive justice as a principle of punishment, regardless of the fact you would need a moral (omg I used that word) standard to apply punishment from. It sure isnt a legal standard they are looking for, as all the lunatics that desire distributive or procedural justice are quick to point out that legality doesnt equal "fair".
Its not even culturally based as developed nation residents are so quick to enforce their sense of justice on other nations regardless of the cultural divide or nation viewpoint.

I realize at this point this conversation is going to be like debating ethics with a cannibal. Nothing wrong with eating people. Any deeper and the conversation would be the equivilent of sandblasting a soup cracker.

Sure. Best Christmas wishes to you, too.

Of all the things to take literally you choose an implicit simile. :p

Most of that was for Ovenalls distain of anyone with a standard and an opinion.

Wisdom - you do realize we are discussing video games here, don't you?

Sheesh... wonder why the social conservatives don't develop some RPGs with solid conservative moral values? We could have the RPG equivalent of the Hallmark Channel.

Wisdom - you do realize we are discussing video games here, don't you?

Perhaps. I guess I seen a diversion of conversation when you damned the delicate flowers. Figured that broadened the topic enough to push my social agenda.

Well sure. People who have problems with interracial kissing and gay bars are just plain silly.

It's pretty easy to avoid buying and playing risqué RPGs you know. And why aren't there conservative RPGs anyway?

It's designers/writers that push the SJW agenda in games. They wouldn't normally be particularly obsessed with how much revenue the game makes, it doesn't change anything for them, they're on salary or hourly pay, they don't get a % of the revenue or profits. The suits (owners and/or shareholders, boards of directors, CEOs, etc) who do care about the revenue or profits don't usually micromanage game writing to the degree where they would encourage or discourage SJW content. Not to mention that discouraging SJW content these days, if people find out, is a good way to get yourself publicly strung up by the "SJW community" who can be quite loud and hysterical when they want to be.

If you don't see what's going on with the injection of SJW into many games these days, then that's fine, it probably means the SJW stuff isn't something that bothers you to begin with, much like abharsair a couple posts up. But that doesn't mean it isn't going on.
Bravo someone gets what I was saying. Thanks man have a beer on me.:beer:

Gay people aren't going away. Gay marriage is just marriage now. Interracial marriage isn't going away.

Games deal with murder, revenge, lust, greed, war, mass killings, racism, religious intolerance, infidelity, inequality, gluttony, love, redemption, slavery and a million other topics.

You want to pigeon-hole a few of these topics and label them "SJW." Which is fine, I guess. But why should any of these topics be off limit? Or should any of these topics be not allowed in games, movies, TV shows, etc? It would be really odd to exclude these things.

@Couchpotato;, @Stingray;, indeed I shouldn't have started discussing this. I have too little insight as I think concerning oneself with a topic like "SJW in video games", especially reading and discussing it via internet is more of a time waste than playing candy crush. However I guess the results for mental health and well being are roughly the same. So well, yeah… I actually don't care.

Don't really give a shit about all that. Go debate that stuff somewhere else. ;)

The main thing Bioware needs to do is NOT try to cram a ton of extra content into the game for the purpose of making it bigger. I feel that was one of their primary design errors with DA:I and ME:A.

Have far less sidequests but make them longer and more interesting. No more "collect X amount of of this item" or "locate this missing person who was kidnapped by bandits". 90% of the side missions in ME:A were incredibly generic and dull. From what I've seen of DA:I, it was the same way.

They need a more focused and streamlined game. Not streamlined in the sense of making it simpler though, just not so bloated with reduntant, boring quests.

No, theres a difference between sjw and morality. Or sjw and justice.
While the term sjw includes the word justice its actually a misnomer because the majority of reasons someone is called an sjw it has little to do with actual justice.

Most people barking up the social justice tree wouldn't know justice if it bit them in the face. At best they seek retributive justice as a principle of punishment, regardless of the fact you would need a moral (omg I used that word) standard to apply punishment from. It sure isnt a legal standard they are looking for, as all the lunatics that desire distributive or procedural justice are quick to point out that legality doesnt equal "fair".
Its not even culturally based as developed nation residents are so quick to enforce their sense of justice on other nations regardless of the cultural divide or nation viewpoint.

I realize at this point this conversation is going to be like debating ethics with a cannibal. Nothing wrong with eating people. Any deeper and the conversation would be the equivilent of sandblasting a soup cracker.

Social justice, actual justice, retributive justice, distributive justice, procedural justice... Two fingers close to dropping true, real justice.

Two centuries of institutionalized double standards.

Gotta wonder what the social conservatives think about inter-species f*cking in games?

Better that than intereacial marriages. Removing other races from vid products to favour fantasy species will sure protect.

Going to be hard for Bioware to top the awesome button as designed by CDR Projekt. Players do not even have to watch the screen for it to work.

Shhh, it's all right, it's all right, Chien...I'm here for you. I know CDPR touched you in a very special and sensitive place

giphy.gif

but trust me, things will get better in time. And on one day you will forget about Geralt and meet a nice girl and she will love you who you really are.
Come 'ere and let ol' uncle Bobo give you a big ( bear) hug, it will make all the Witcher pain go away. :blush:

Yep already talked about that in Joxer's gaming bullshit thread.:biggrin:

Well technically there is nothing wrong with narratives that go into political/gender/etc issues. Do we want to non stop revisit same cliche storylines?
But problem is most video game writers aren't good enough to handle it, without it feeling out of place, preaching to your face.
And people are a bit oversensitive these days, you can find it as much in older titles. I mean, common anyone remembers BG2 Nalia? She literally was a Social justice warrior. I think her battlecry went something like: For..the...neeeedy!

But problem is most video game writers aren't good enough to handle it, without it feeling out of place, preaching to your face.
Bingo another Beer for you.:beer:

As said already it's not the CEO and Project Leads it's writers and designers.

Just look at their Twitter pages you'll get what they want to preach/promote.
Pnso1iHDvpaFSdr0fS6mub4wmpyTJInz3250lSlTPdY.jpg

Sheesh… wonder why the social conservatives don't develop some RPGs with solid conservative moral values? We could have the RPG equivalent of the Hallmark Channel.

Meh. Games are supposed to be enjoyable fantasies, not solve cultural issues. Just add a config button to modify sexual preferences and then everybody can be happy. Set Gayplay/Gayaway and you get your wish…

Meh. Games are supposed to be enjoyable fantasies, not solve cultural issues. Just add a config button to modify sexual preferences and then everybody can be happy. Set Gayplay/Gayaway and you get your wish…
Wont happen because if a developer/publisher did that I guarantee the SJW Twitter mob, and journalist's would stage a revolt, and ruin the life of the person responsible.

Back
Top Bottom