Non-RPG General News - Metro Exodus Release: February 15

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The survival FPS Metro Exodus will be available on February 15 - henriquejr spotted a preview on PC Gamer:

Metro Exodus takes time to truly make sense as an open world game

But it's worth the wait.

Metro is a series I associate with dingy, cold underground tunnels, so stepping into an environment that's almost entirely sand and sun is a bit of a shock. This is the Caspian Sea section of 4A's survival FPS, set during a scorching summer, and what was once a body of water has dried out, leaving miles of hot desert and rusty remnants of a port in its wake. Variously sized silhouettes of flying demons are a common sighting across the map. Artyom's train, the Aurora--on which you're taking a year-long trip to find a better life with the other survivors--needs fuel, and the people are desperate for water. As the all-purpose errand guy, you have to arrange both.

[...]

Exodus is definitely taking a risk by going open world, but I'm pretty confident that I'll enjoy exploring these places and meeting these people. After an hour, I felt like Exodus was moving too slowly. After three hours, I wanted to see everything on the map before the Aurora moved on to its next destination, even knowing there'll be a lot of downtime in doing so.
More information.

Can't wait to play this as it sounds different. Hopefully that bugged morality system is not implemented again. Also looking forward to playing Dying Light 2 this year.

I'm super excited for this game. Very different from the linear, corridor based gameplay of previous games, but from what I hear they've knocked it out of the park according to people who got to play the game early.

Just two more videos to get hyped about.

Enjoy.:)

Thanks for the gameplay video Couch...really enjoyed that one.

I enjoyed the first 2 Metro games, and am looking forward to running out of bullets in this one.

I enjoyed the earlier Metro games, but I'm not quite sold on this one as of yet. I'll be checking here to see what people think of it when it's released.

I should play this why? Looks like no real writing, no direction, bad monster design, bad monster-action execution, bad animation, bad monster representation. Is this just some visual techdemo? Failed to convince me, didn't bring any excitement, but feels like a 'Total Waste of Time Trainwreck(tm)'

Back
Top Bottom