Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Kickstarter Live!

As you may already know, I am a big fan of OwlCat. But I am not thrilled about these stretch goals. I want to see a turn-based option!

There is a mod for that and PoE2 included that as an option, how hard can it be devs??? :fingerscrossed:

Devs already mentioned no TB mod at least until the contents are all done.

Yep read my last reply. It's just the usual turn-based bias again.

I'm fine with RTwP as many turn-based RPGs are available to play already. Just look at all the SRPG's and Tactical RPG's on Steam. I'm not kidding a dime a dozen lately.

Yep read my last reply. It's just the usual turn-based bias again.

I'm fine with RTwP as many turn-based RPGs are available to play already. Just look at all the SRPG's and Tactical RPG's on Steam. I'm not kidding a dime a dozen lately.

I see. I didn't know that, thanks for the update.

RTwP is fine by me too. And I get that their main focus should be to improve the game as it is.

However, I was talking about stretching goals. And since they are considering a TB mode later in the development, why not include it as a stretch goal? I rather see that stretch goal than another companion or another weird class from the PF supplementary material (and believe me, there are a lot of them).

I rather see that stretch goal than another companion or another weird class from the PF supplementary material (and believe me, there are a lot of them).

Fair enough, but there are also a lot of people who would prefer additional classes and companions over a turn based mod. The game is still missing many of the core prestige classes, for instance Arcane Archer and Chronicler. Arcane Archer is one of the most popular prestige classes in Pathfinder so I am sure it will be added in due course.

Look on the bright-side they might release a turn-based mode at a later date. Anyway some modder will probably make another mod just because they hate RTwP.:)

Yesterday I just downloaded TB mod for kingmaker and I have intention to make next playthrough this way. Had just few minutes to try it, but it seems well done actually. I also prefer TB, by the way and wouldnt mind official support for that.

I always seem to get crucified/singled out for this but hey - RTwP for the win!!!

And I love Owlcats for keeping it as RTwP!!

I always seem to get crucified/singled out for this but hey - RTwP for the win!!!

And I love Owlcats for keeping it as RTwP!!
I agree.:highfive:

Still remember feeling let down when Torment: Tides of Numenera went turn-based.

I am fully aware official TB mode is not planned and I still backed it and I still consider it my most anticipated game in development. So, yeah ... :)

I am fully aware official TB mode is not planned and I still backed it and I still consider it my most anticipated game in development. So, yeah … :)

I prefer turn based and haven't even played Kingmaker yet. I STILL plan to back this solely on the word of the Watch.

They don't need to implement TB to support it officially. Think how Firaxis handled Long War 2 for their Xcom 2.

Fair enough, but there are also a lot of people who would prefer additional classes and companions over a turn based mod. The game is still missing many of the core prestige classes, for instance Arcane Archer and Chronicler. Arcane Archer is one of the most popular prestige classes in Pathfinder so I am sure it will be added in due course.

Don't be selfish, just one stretch goal :p

Joking aside, I beg to differ. The game already has enough classes IMO, even more in this second game. Adding just another class wouldn't make that much of a difference - unless your favorite class is missing - whereas adding a TB option would make a lot of difference for those that prefer TB. And I believe we have more people craving for a TB mode than for some specific class. At least that is what I saw on the internet.

Just FYI, that's just my take, and I also like RTwP. PF:K was just a masterpiece.

Mounted combat funded - devs should be working on next update!!

I'm surprised how popular Mounted combat stretch goal was.

Paid to win formula with cosmetic items offered depending on pledges.

Reads like social goals are some way to cope with backers increasing their pledges to move the stretch goal campaign forward.
When pledges might be reduced, the publicity through social media sticks.

I prefer turn based and haven't even played Kingmaker yet. I STILL plan to back this solely on the word of the Watch.

The more backers, the better this vid product is going to be for streaming and streamers.

I agree.:highfive:

Still remember feeling let down when Torment: Tides of Numenera went turn-based.

Hardly mattered in that game when you fight maybe 8-10 times in the entire game. It also made sense because it allowed them to incorporate a bunch of non-combat options into the combat.

Turn based combat in Kingmaker would be a slog.

Hardly mattered in that game when you fight maybe 8-10 times in the entire game. It also made sense because it allowed them to incorporate a bunch of non-combat options into the combat.

Turn based combat in Kingmaker would be a slog.
Never said otherwise just felt that way when it was announced after being funded. If I recall it was a poll backers voted on. Yet like you said combat wasn't necessary.
Anyone think this will reach 2 million ?
I think its possible. There's still 30+ days left.
My forecast is probably $3 million…what it's possible.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom