DA:O Shale - what kind of damage is best ?

Dragon Age: Origins
I don't like the juggernaut armour because it doesn't have an armour set fatigue bonus, and in my case, causes more fatigue than I am comfortable with, so I prefer the blood dragon armor. The warden's armour is so-so and also causes a lot of fatigue.

I honestly couldn't bring myself to download the Blood Dragon armor. I don't care how powerful it is, it just looks too out of place imo.

I'm wondering if I need to replay the ashes segment, since I may miss out on some drake scale by attacking Kolgrim early. If you wait until the mountain top there is an additional drake up there...

I'm wondering if I need to replay the ashes segment, since I may miss out on some drake scale by attacking Kolgrim early. If you wait until the mountain top there is an additional drake up there…

True- but you get enough drakes in the caves for the first set - and the second set you should kill the big daddy for.

You only need Drake 3 scales for an armor right? Iirc, I didn't wait to kill Kolgrim, and I still ended up with 6 scales.

If you want all the armors including the best one you need 6 drake scales and 1 dragon scale. The dragon scale is useless without the other 6, IIRC.

edit: I read that it's possible to get the best armor with 3 drake scales and 1 dragon scale, too, but you'd miss out on one drake scale armor.

Last edited:
Thanks!

I read that you can acquire a total of 10, but if all you need is 6 for the best quality of all types, then that may be OK.

I need to check my inventory....

Last edited:
Yeah, but that's the thing - you only need six, as I understood it..- does the seventh one make a difference? I guess it does if you can get 2 more from other places.
What about that drake/dragonish thingie in the Brecilian forest ruins? Doesn't he drop one? I don't think I even new about Wade at the time that I fought him, so I might not have picked it up if my inventory was full...

You can only get 7 as far as I know, but there's no point in getting more than 6. There's also an additional one from the High Dragon, but that's a special one that will be turned into a different kind of armor (it's not a Drake scale, it's a Dragon scale).

I don't believe the mage tower thing at all - I've cleared that tower several times now, and I've never seen anything indicating any drake scale drops.

You can make three armor sets:
Basic Drake Armor - 3 scales
Improved Drake Armor - 3 scales
Dragon Armor - 1 Dragon scale

Back
Top Bottom