Replaying the Mass Effect trilogy

I solved the big mystery about 4K resolution. It’s right in the setting I just didn’t see the scroll arrows.

Big mystery.:lol:

Ok , got bored with elex and this thread has inspired me to give these a go and see what happens. If I don’t enjoy it though I’m blaming DArt for my wasted time.:lol:

Playing an infiltrator as it seemed closest to a rogue/assassin that I’d play in fantasy games.

Anyone know how to run at 4K resolution. Ini. Edit I’m guessing.

DArt, hope you don’t mind me stealing a bit of your thunder. I didn’t want to start a whole new thread. If so just tell me to get lost.:biggrin:

Hehe, I'm not a particularly selfish guy in that way - so go ahead and steal all the Mass Effect thunder you can get your hands on here ;)

Yeah - I struggled with 21:9 resolutions. The game sort of supports them, but the UI does not - which means it goes crazy. I tried Flawless Widescreen - but that didn't quite work.

So, I just moved to the living room with by big ass TV instead. That has a proper 4K resolution - and then I get the advantage of having my dog snuggling on the couch so I can pet him between killing Husks ;)

A silly thought, but imagine if bioware released a new dog companion dlc for mass effect I-III. Imagine having your own cybernetically enhanced and heavily armored spacedog at your side during the whole trilogy. :D

That'd make fallout fans enraged.
However, a sidekick with space hamster on their shoulder...

I played a bit last night with a Sentinel - and it was pretty fun. I realised how effective powers are in Mass Effect :)

To be honest, I never used them much - beyond Singularity and a few of the weapon focused ones for my own character.

It's like a whole new combat system. It's actually more in-depth than I remember.

Cover system is pretty shit, though.

I played a bit last night with a Sentinel - and it was pretty fun. I realised how effective powers are in Mass Effect :)

To be honest, I never used them much - beyond Singularity and a few of the weapon focused ones for my own character.

It's like a whole new combat system. It's actually more in-depth than I remember.

Cover system is pretty shit, though.

Yeah, there's a big shift between ME1 and ME2 in that regard. In ME1, a fully beefed up Sentinel can tear through pretty much anything with powers alone, and simply let the squad deal with the leftovers.

That sort of thing doesn't really work in ME2, but it is actually back again to a certain extent in ME3, which is probably why I enjoy it much more than ME2.

Yeah, there's a big shift between ME1 and ME2 in that regard. In ME1, a fully beefed up Sentinel can tear through pretty much anything with powers alone, and simply let the squad deal with the leftovers.

That sort of thing doesn't really work in ME2, but it is actually back again to a certain extent in ME3, which is probably why I enjoy it much more than ME2.

Yeah, I'm one of the strange people who don't necessarily prefer combat in ME2 to ME. While ME2 is miles ahead in terms of polish - it lacks some of the clunky nuance of the first game.

But it's really refreshing to try something new, and I kinda like the class so far :)

Yeah, I'm one of the strange people who don't necessarily prefer combat in ME2 to ME. While ME2 is miles ahead in terms of polish - it lacks some of the clunky nuance of the first game.

But it's really refreshing to try something new, and I kinda like the class so far :)

Sounds good! Did you have any unlocked bonus skills to choose from? If so, which did you choose?

Sounds good! Did you have any unlocked bonus skills to choose from? If so, which did you choose?

No, I haven't kept any of my previous savegames, sadly. But it's ok - I assume I wouldn't be able to take advantage of that in the sequels, right?

But I would really have liked the Sniper Rifle - as I'm pretty good at killing stuff with it :)

No, I haven't kept any of my previous savegames, sadly. But it's ok - I assume I wouldn't be able to take advantage of that in the sequels, right?

But I would really have liked the Sniper Rifle - as I'm pretty good at killing stuff with it :)

No, it doesn't matter one whiff in ME2 and 3. The story choices are what matter + paragon/renegade, character looks and class (can be changed, but it defaults to the original class).

There is actually a minor difference in addition to that that most aren't aware of when it comes to importing: A level 60 character, which can only be achieved by playing the game twice with the same character, starts at a slightly higher level with slightly more resources in ME2. It's a small difference though, one easily evened out in ME2.

No, it doesn't matter one whiff in ME2 and 3. The story choices are what matter + paragon/renegade, character looks and class (can be changed, but it defaults to the original class).

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Would have been cool to evolve a character over all three games, but you can't have everything.

There is actually a minor difference in addition to that that most aren't aware of when it comes to importing: A level 60 character, which can only be achieved by playing the game twice with the same character, starts at a slightly higher level with slightly more resources in ME2. It's a small difference though, one easily evened out in ME2.

Hehe, that's sort of neat - but since I enjoy starting with nothing and progressing from scratch, it's probably not something I would bother doing.

I've completed Mass Effect enough times to not want to it several times in a row ;)

But to develop a build over 3 games - like in Goldbox/BG - would have added tremendously to the replayability.

Still, we get the C&C - and that's cool too.

While I don't think I could ever be motivated to play the original trilogy again, this thread did inspire me to finally pick up ME: Andromeda.

Well, that and the current sale + voucher at GMG. ;)

I'll probably replay the series when I finish up with dishonored 1/2 which I will play after I finished up with bioshock series. I love that free DLC for ME-1 and wish the base game had more mini stories like that DLC.

Thanks for reminding me you to play dishonoured.

Have thief on my backlog too.

Have a feeling that by the time I am finished with D:OS2, I will be too tired of isometric to jump into Torment right away.

I’ve been messing around at the citadel for a bit. I’m enjoying it much more than my first attempt but to be honest I didn’t give it much of a chance back then.

Controlling my companions feel a bit clunky but it might be ignorance of how it works on my part. Had to remap the arrow buttons to side buttons on my mouse. I hate control schemes that make me take my hands of my mouse or keyboard.

Right now I’m much better at just going solo and letting my companions fall in combat.:lol:

Class, companions and what difficulty?

On hardest diff you'll definelty have to control companions here and there. What do you get for playing hardest difficulty? Nothing. So forgeddit.
About class, because of pretty poor companions' AI you should concentrate on cc skills on your lead character (examples: pull, singularity, overload, reave in ME2).

Companions you pick for combat should not be butts&tits based, but with skills you lack of or skills that synergize with your own ones (example, if you play as biotic in ME3, keep another in the party to trigger as many biotic explosions as possible).

I don't remember any of the games being that difficult - i usually just pick the class that is fun to play - generally speaking i lean towards snipers and sneaky sorts in ME.

Back
Top Bottom