PoE2 Scavenger Hunt for Deafire

Pillars of Eternity II

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Official link

Obsidian and Versus Evil created a Scavenger hunt for Deadfire, we, aka Obsidian forum followers, have seen the codes since late January and now we know what to do with them. They will unlock in-game items (Steam DLCs).

This thread should have the code found so far.

Note: I'll try to see if there is going to be a GOG version of this.

Last edited:
There's not. Steam only.

A dev said they were looking to do something for the GOG users on Reddit and the official forum. In the end, it's just 10 free DLCs, no reasons to limit it to Steam, GOG support DLCs too. Hell, with GOG connect you should be able to get the unlocks from Steam if they had bothered uploading them to GOG and matching the games.

Or they could have just made their scavenger hunt logbook generate Steam/GOG DLCs keys, they already do that for the game and expac.

It does feels as if Obsidian/Versus Evil doesn't give a shit about GOG users right now though...they started putting codes in stuff mid-January.

Last edited:
Those dlc are just a way of distracting players. No real reason for choosing steam over gog imho.

Update for gog users from ObsidianEric on reddit:

I believe we have a solution, been talking to GOG. It won't be ready for launch (most likely) but GOG players WILL be able to get the Scavenger Hunt items or I will die trying...

Too bad, because GOG is by far my personally preferred site.

It's not too bad as it's more or less just gimmicks.
I'm still using the cat you find earlygame because of +1 perception (for traps and hidden containers detection), consumables you get as freebies are easily obtainable, ship equipment will save you some cash but it's nothing of importance as it's not the best possible.

If want to collect all possible pets in the game, regardless of bonus they provide, then yeah, GOG version is somewhat inferior.

Well, I've inserted/redeemed codes ... but, according to the linked thread from above, it's 56, not 55 ... How do I insert code 56 ? :D

Nohow, it's there only to be used in case you missed a previous one and can't remember which one of 55 was that.

If you're a GoG user someone kindly uploaded the scavenger hunt items file, along with instructions: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/96805-introducing-the-seafarers-scavenger-hunt/page-2#entry2027320

You don't have to start a new game to get the items, once you've placed the file in the correct place any loaded game will have the items automatically added. There's nothing game-breaking in there, but some of the items are worth a bit of coin, useful early game where you can be a bit strapped for cash.

Back
Top Bottom