ToCS3 is playstation exclusive

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
For whatever reason, localization is given to NIS instead of XSeed although XSeed made the best jrpg PC ports ever while NIS completely screwed Ys8 and more.

https://twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/1085916460369760256
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III coming exclusively to PlayStation®4 in Fall 2019!

If anyone wants to preorder the super duper $100 worth package, go here:
https://store.nisamerica.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii-thors-academy-edition-ps4

Now lemme please go vomit.

What the fork.....well, I'll just have to hope it eventually comes to the computers via great old games or steam at some point. It will likely take at least a year though, if not longer. And what insane person gave the localization duties to NIS over XSeed, that person should be fired nowish.

Stupid move to release Trails of Cold Steel III only on consoles.
Exclusively to PlayStation®4 in Fall 2019!
I just bought the first two on a Steam sale last month.:(

I like Trails of Cold Steel I & II, but I don't buy a console for part III.

PS:
No news coverage from me until they annouce a PC version. :(

Same here, I'm not buying a console simply to play the bloody last game in the series. I'll be hoping for a computer version down the road, but failing that, I've plenty of games to keep me entertained.

Didn't all of these get released on console first, before finally staggering onto the PC?

Didn't all of these get released on console first, before finally staggering onto the PC?
Yes but they sold well on the PC. I will never understand developers always pushing back the PC ports of their JRPGs in favor of handhelds or consoles first.:(

Anyway the implied "Exclusively to PlayStation®4 in Fall 2019" sounds like no PC release is planned. Then again it could be another case of a 2-3 year wait for a PC release.

Yes but they sold well on the PC. I will never understand developers always pushing back the PC ports of their JRPGs in favor of handhelds or consoles first.:(

Sure you will! Console is just 1 hardware with the least piracy. PC is lots of configurations with varying performance. Takes much longer to optimise games for all PC gpus.

So the answer is time and money.

Sure you will! Console is just 1 hardware with the least piracy. PC is lots of configurations with varying performance. Takes much longer to optimise games for all PC gpus.

So the answer is time and money.
That old excuse does not work for me sorry. For the older console generation sure but not nowadays. As every console is basically a PC so cross development is easier.

Also you can port a game with a click of a button with most modern engines. So yes not that easy as work is still required after that but it's not time consuming, or to expensive.

Japanese developers have always shunned the PC. It wasn't until Steam showed them they can make money off games if ported correctly. Only took them over thirty years.

Last edited:
I will thanks should have remembered not to reply to you.

Have fun playing Monster Hunter.:)

Nothing just realizing my reply wasn't worth the effort and the discussion will go nowhere. So nothing personal really as If I was mad I wouldn't post a smiley face.

@Couchpotato; Not replying, huh? Why are you so fucking unstable? You got issues, man. You'd make a fantastic raging SJW screaming at the sky.

Change your diet, get some exercise, get off the PC and go for a walk. Couch potatoes are unhealthy as fuck. Healthy body; healthy mind.

You say you don't know a question that a million devs have answered so I tell you. It turns out you do know you just refuse to accept it. What do you want me to do? Write a page to convince you? If you come up with a better idea let me know. What's the problem?

Seriously, you're so fucking uncool sometimes I just don't get it. You embarrass yourself with your out of control emotions.

See your reply proves my point. Good day sir.:)

And you appearing offline permanently proves my point. You're online so often you're embarrassed about it.

Get off the couch, potato.

Alright, here's an idea. I'll reply like you do. Experience it.

That old excuse does not work for me sorry. For the older console generation sure but not nowadays. As every console is basically a PC so cross development is easier.

Also you can port a game with a click of a button with most modern engines. So yes not that easy as work is still required after that but it's not time consuming, or to expensive.

Japanese developers have always shunned the PC. It wasn't until Steam showed them they can make money off games if ported correctly. Only took them over thirty years.

I should have remembered to not reply to you. :)

Bit of a dick reply, yeah? Do you see?

So back on topic here is the games English announcement trailer.

I have an aunt who can't apologise. She just moves on. All things considered, I'll accept it.

I understand you're relatively new to this site but you should have learned to respect other users by now.

Don't remember not to reply; remember to reply thoughtfully.

Enough already just move on but apparently you can't.

Six posts just to criticize my three.

Now I remember why I hate replying to you in the first place.

Have to remember this for future threads.:(

Back
Top Bottom