WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter updates

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
@purpleblob; @Pladio; @wolfgrimdark; (anyone else in the beta?)
They opened the 2nd stage of the community quest, it's a bit different than the long Twitch.tv they did last time:
(it's probably worth checking the whole timeline with the link above)

Tragic Death

The party awakens to find the Cleric lying dead beside the campfire. The Barbarian is in shock. He kneels before the girl, and squeezes her cold hand. The Recruit is in tears. The Elf is aloof as always - nothing seems to faze her! And what about our Hero? A choice lies before him. He can either rally his comrades to face this new, unknown danger together, or he can lose trust in his companions.

Apparently it's on twitter, there are a series of posts with facts, questions and votes, note this:

Discuss your theories with the other players, and try to make your analysis as convincing and impartial as possible. The participants who make the best arguments, and are most active in the discussion, will receive prizes.

Last edited:
@purpleblob; @Pladio; @wolfgrimdark; (anyone else in the beta?)
They opened the 2nd stage of the community quest, it's a bit different than the long Twitch.tv they did last time:
(it's probably worth checking the whole timeline with the link above)

Tragic Death

The party awakens to find the Cleric lying dead beside the campfire. The Barbarian is in shock. He kneels before the girl, and squeezes her cold hand. The Recruit is in tears. The Elf is aloof as always - nothing seems to faze her! And what about our Hero? A choice lies before him. He can either rally his comrades to face this new, unknown danger together, or he can lose trust in his companions.

Apparently it's on twitter, there are a series of posts with facts, questions and votes, note this:

Discuss your theories with the other players, and try to make your analysis as convincing and impartial as possible. The participants who make the best arguments, and are most active in the discussion, will receive prizes.

I'm not sure I understand this thing. Since I don't have Twitter I won't be able to join the voting though.

I'm not sure I understand this thing. Since I don't have Twitter I won't be able to join the voting though.

It's easy to setup an account, but it's nothing serious really, it's mostly to have fun like the previous vote :) Even without an account you should be able to see the thread from the link I gave above (https://twitter.com/OwlcatGames/status/1362386440391385088). They present the facts for the 3 potential suspects.

But yes, it's a bit confusing in its presentation, Twitter has a structure but it's not always clearly shown (if there was a "tree" view, it would be easier).

I think it's mainly to have the fans interact and discuss there about the possibilities, the mystery in itself isn't very long, but has enough gaps to get different hypotheses I think. :)

I think it's mainly to have the fans interact and discuss there about the possibilities, the mystery in itself isn't very long, but has enough gaps to get different hypotheses I think. :)

I was confused about what this is about too - as Redglyph said, its just a fun mini game Owlcat is using to engage with fans. Depending on fan input, the outcome of trailer will change for this mini game thingo but it has no impact on actual WotR game itself.

I was confused about what this is about too - as Redglyph said, its just a fun mini game Owlcat is using to engage with fans. Depending on fan input, the outcome of trailer will change for this mini game thingo but it has no impact on actual WotR game itself.

Thanks both. I'll probably skip it :D

Seems to have had a couple decent updates so venturing in tonight with a new character to poke around for a bit. Held off while the initial launch was done. Hope those playing beta are enjoying it!

Already liking little things, like the very start of making a character:

What's the point of knowing 15 spells when you can only use 2 ?

The point is that by knowing 15, you can prepare for a wider variety of situations. Think of like packing. You don't take the same stuff with you to the beach as you to do hike in the mountains. You still own all that stuff, but you can't carry it all at the same time.

I've been playing my evil character a bit more today and I think it's not something many people have done as there are more bugs with this one.

Small things mostly, but more than when playing the standard Chaotic Good I play.

Evil must be more difficult to play and to implement in an interesting way, I suppose. I could never make an evil character, or at least bring myself to try. Maybe one day.

A quick hint : Don't be so quick to take on the Mythic paths in dialogues. Very interesting things can happen when you don't.

Or at least, very different things.
You mean, trying all the other replies before those with a mythic path?

Those mythic paths are tricky. I was wondering why I couldn't see the Desna altar at the Lost Chapel. It turns out I may have missed the Azata path :/

I thought that just saving Ramien and having the Desna initiates helping at the Gray Garrison was enough, but I missed saving 3 Desna apprentices apparently. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any of that, probably because I only saw the temple after the battle of the Defender's Heart.
I'll continue and see if I can still get back on track, otherwise I'll just choose another one. Perhaps Angel isn't too bad for a cleric, even it sounds like the default path, or Aeon if I'm allowed to.

But I'll need to replay the beginning carefully and verify those points.

Evil must be more difficult to play and to implement in an interesting way, I suppose. I could never make an evil character, or at least bring myself to try. Maybe one day.

You mean, trying all the other replies before those with a mythic path?

Those mythic paths are tricky. I was wondering why I couldn't see the Desna altar at the Lost Chapel. It turns out I may have missed the Azata path :/

I thought that just saving Ramien and having the Desna initiates helping at the Gray Garrison was enough, but I missed saving 3 Desna apprentices apparently. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any of that, probably because I only saw the temple after the battle of the Defender's Heart.
I'll continue and see if I can still get back on track, otherwise I'll just choose another one. Perhaps Angel isn't too bad for a cleric, even it sounds like the default path, or Aeon if I'm allowed to.

But I'll need to replay the beginning carefully and verify those points.
I meant that sometimes the mythic path does not offer the best solution.

I won't go into more details than this, but there's a dialogue in the library that can have a completely different outcome if you do not choose it.

Oh and yeah I never play evil. Last time I tried it was with knights of the old Republic and failed miserably. It doesn't work for me but I wanted to see the demonic path a bit on this one.

I want to know more about the Gold Dragon path and the Legendary Mythic, where you don't get any divine power but are just a legendary human/race. I have heard very little about Gold Dragon. Maybe you can't choose it till much later.

Azata would be my favorite except for on thing - you get this friendly little dragon as a companion. Sure it sounds cool and the dragon is nice enough and all ... but I already have an animal companion I am bonded with. Party is already crowded.

So may consider Legendary or Gold Dragon. Angel ... I don't know too Paladin like and can't stand the stench of self-righteousness that comes with Paladins or Angels. Too holy. Don't want any of the evil ones though and Aeon sounds too cold and impartial.

So limits things down. Trickster mainly but while I thought I would like that wasn't really into what I saw of it in Beta. I tend to play basically a good guy focused more on freedom and neutral to chaos. Azata fits that perfect. Gold Dragon also sounds like it fits in well. Lengendary I assume would be whatever my own alignment is.

But its very unclear how you would go about the legendary. Maybe say no to every Mythic option to side with a mythic? Meaning just level up pure mythic, with no allegiance to any other.

I restarted so will see.

@Pladio; - If that is the one I am thinking of its less going with Mythic and more simply having different approaches, which occurs all the time mythic or otherwise. In this case there is a mythic connection. I don't always take mythic dialogue because it doesn't always fit my character.

In the library where you save the story teller you can pretend to be a cultist - this is what starts the Mythic Trickster path ... if that is what you are referring to as Mythic. If you don't do that then you get some other options. The one for the Trickster does have future consequences later on in the game which was cool.

I quickly checked.

You can save Ramien without killing Hulrun if you do it before the battle of the Defender's Heart. Then you can take care of the 3 adepts (and proceed to the steps that lead to the Azata path).

If you do it after, you can either kill Hulrun to save Ramien, and find the 3 adepts. Or you can let Hulrun kill Ramien and still find the 3 adepts.

I want to know more about the Gold Dragon path and the Legendary Mythic, where you don't get any divine power but are just a legendary human/race. I have heard very little about Gold Dragon. Maybe you can't choose it till much later.

Azata would be my favorite except for on thing - you get this friendly little dragon as a companion. Sure it sounds cool and the dragon is nice enough and all … but I already have an animal companion I am bonded with. Party is already crowded.

So may consider Legendary or Gold Dragon. Angel … I don't know too Paladin like and can't stand the stench of self-righteousness that comes with Paladins or Angels. Too holy. Don't want any of the evil ones though and Aeon sounds too cold and impartial.

So limits things down. Trickster mainly but while I thought I would like that wasn't really into what I saw of it in Beta. I tend to play basically a good guy focused more on freedom and neutral to chaos. Azata fits that perfect. Gold Dragon also sounds like it fits in well. Lengendary I assume would be whatever my own alignment is.

But its very unclear how you would go about the legendary. Maybe say no to every Mythic option to side with a mythic? Meaning just level up pure mythic, with no allegiance to any other.

I restarted so will see.

I've posted about this elsewhere before - basically, 3 mythics not in beta (legend, gold dragon and swarm) aren't available until much later in game (like chapter 5 I assume). Basically, you start off as 1 of 6 mythic available in beta then can change into 1 of 3 mythics available later if you meet requirements. This isn't confirmed by devs but I suspect there will be redemption/corruption path available too (e.g. demon mythic --> gold dragon etc).

Each mythic is apparently designed with specific alignment in mind (again, not confirmed by devs):
LG - gold dragon
NG - angel
CG - azatas
LN - aeon
TN - legend
CN - trickster
Evil - demon, lich and swarm (don't know which one is which specific evil alignmenet lol)

I quickly checked.

You can save Ramien without killing Hulrun if you do it before the battle of the Defender's Heart. Then you can take care of the 3 adepts (and proceed to the steps that lead to the Azata path).

If you do it after, you can either kill Hulrun to save Ramien, and find the 3 adepts. Or you can let Hulrun kill Ramien and still find the 3 adepts.

It's always good to clear market place first to pick up all quests - also saves on travel time.

I knew Defender's Heart one is time sensitive so I barely rested and pushed on by drinking potions. I think they forwarded timer in beta - it triggered before I cleared all areas in Kenabres (execept for Gray Garrison) which I could in alpha.

@Pladio; - If that is the one I am thinking of its less going with Mythic and more simply having different approaches, which occurs all the time mythic or otherwise. In this case there is a mythic connection. I don't always take mythic dialogue because it doesn't always fit my character.

In the library where you save the story teller you can pretend to be a cultist - this is what starts the Mythic Trickster path ... if that is what you are referring to as Mythic. If you don't do that then you get some other options. The one for the Trickster does have future consequences later on in the game which was cool.
Yup, I mean there's a very good outcome of you don't pick that trickster path.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I started chap4 of the beta today and it's so atmospheric! I think it's going to be a long chapter though, so it will be a while before I finish it (I think I sunk in just under 60 hours of beta so far... and that's after rushing through chap 1 and 2 because I've already played both multiple times during my alpha runs).

Back
Top Bottom