What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

That's a shame. Looked like something promising among the flotsam.

So, I just finished watching I Care a Lot, and I have to give a slightly different opinion.

It's not great, but it's not terrible either. I found it entertaining enough to be worthwhile. The writing is certainly uneven, but the performances are pretty solid. Dinklage is his usual strong self, and Rosamund Pike will make you simultaneously admire and fucking detest her character.

It does go full retard for a bit in the final 1/4, but I found the ending quite satisfying.

I also saw I Care A Lot. It was fine. It did require quite a bit of suspention of disbelief in the final act, as I don't believe any regular con-artist would have the balls to do what she did. But hey, maybe she was a bit wacked in the head. So who knows.

I also enjoyed the ending.

Watched a very good documentary called White Riot, about the clash between punk and fascism in the 70s.

I also enjoyed Killing Is Easy, a documentary about the standup Patrice O'Neal.

I liked "I care a lot". Thought it was very good!

I feel 2 out of 5 Nick Cages for "willys" is a bit too high. That was a terrible movie. Clean some stuff, drink a soda, beat up some stuffed animals. Rubbish!

Thank you, Netflix subscription. Definitley watching "I Care a Lot", though I see there are mixed responses.

I half watched the two Jurassic World movies last weekend for the heck of it. They were pretty much as dumb as I expected. I really, really, really hated the character of Claire in both movies, and really hated the end of the second one. The dinosaur action didn't make up for the assinine characters.

I half watched the two Jurassic World movies last weekend for the heck of it. They were pretty much as dumb as I expected. I really, really, really hated the character of Claire in both movies, and really hated the end of the second one. The dinosaur action didn't make up for the assinine characters.
Same with me I loved the original trilogy but find I don't enjoy the last two movies that much. I must be getting old or my tastes have changed as it's the same with Star Wars.

That's a series I could never get into. The original Jurassic Park was neat for its time, but even the older sequels felt like cash-grabs to me.

Oh brother...

1He0eU9KbNECnxeZLmsfWC11qau.jpg

I could definitely picture @joxer; chilling that way after a couple of spliffs. :p

I hated "I Care a Lot". It was well made and well acted, but it was full of shit people succesfully doing shit things with not only the endorsement but the applause of society. In no way did the ending make up for the rest of it. I often felt like I was supposed to be pulling for the grifters. They were soulless fucking monsters. I wish I could scrub it from my brain.

Just watched Color Out Of Space aka "alien shit fucks people up and Nicholas Cage gets steadily more manic (again)".

I loved it. Nicholas Cage was especially good as Nicholas Cage. He was impressively Nicholas Cagey. Possibly more so than usual.

I hated "I Care a Lot". It was well made and well acted, but it was full of shit people succesfully doing shit things with not only the endorsement but the applause of society. In no way did the ending make up for the rest of it. I often felt like I was supposed to be pulling for the grifters. They were soulless fucking monsters. I wish I could scrub it from my brain.

I thought it was going for a dark comedy/drama with the Dinklage character eventually getting the upper hand and providing some catharsis to viewers by absolutely destroying the lawyer... but then the script direction did a 180 and wanted me to root for someone who cages people against their will to steal their money!? I honestly felt deceived and disgusted by the reversal in the plot's direction.

You weren't supposed to like what they were doing. That's the whole point. It sounds like you guys are just pissy because the plot didn't go exactly the way you wanted it to. ;)

Also, not sure where you get that the con was being done to the applause of society. If everyone knew about, it wouldn't have been a con.

Back
Top Bottom