VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Expected Late in 2021

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 will not likely be available until late 2021.

It appears that Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 is in development hell. Back in August 2020, Paradox Interactive announced that the game has been delayed until 2021. And last week, Paradox's CEO stated that he does not expect the game to be released in the first half of 2021.

[...]

To be honest, this whole situation does not really surprise us. As we wrote in August 2019, the game had major performance/optimization issues. Moreover, its animations needed additional polish and work. Now whether the game will benefit from these delays is anyone's guess.
More information.

"Does not expect the game to be released in the first half of 2021" beecomes "not likely to be available until late 2021" becomes "expected late in 2021". And so in the usual fashion, we end up with something that can see truth with binoculars, but isn't truth in itself.

"Does not expect the game to be released in the first half of 2021" beecomes "not likely to be available until late 2021" becomes "expected late in 2021". And so in the usual fashion, we end up with something that can see truth with binoculars, but isn't truth in itself.
True but whats important is the troubled development and missed summer release date. Still it's not surprising as the developer has barely any experience developing games.

Also reading about half the staff was on loan from other Paradox studios as well.:(

True but whats important is the troubled development and missed summer release date. Still it's not surprising as the developer has barely any experience developing games.

Also reading about half the staff was on loan from other Paradox studios as well.:(

It's definitely a complete mess. I'm going to ignore it for now. If and when one day it comes out, I'll worry about it then. I don't have high hopes.

"Expected late in 2021" will become "Expect it only in 2022".

"Expected late in 2021" will become "Expect it only in 2022".
More like X-Mas 2022 or late 2022 if I was a betting man.:nod:

So many excuses just because new consoles were released.:rolleyes:
August 2019, the game had major performance/optimization issues. Moreover, its animations needed additional polish and work. Now whether the game will benefit from these delays is anyone's guess.
When they fired Brian and a few other higher ups it was also leaked the game hasn't been worked on since 2019. Combat was put on hold to try and finish the game.

Basically what you watched in the early videos never changed.

Yeah, I've written this one off, too, sadly.

Well DSO gaming is pretty much crap for anything apart from modding. They didn't even get the sex of the ceo right.

For anyone Swedish interested in the actual interview:

PARADOX
TROR INTE BLOODLINES 2 SLÄPPS UNDER 1H 2021 - VD (Direkt)
2020-11-17 12:11

STOCKHOLM (Nyhetsbyrån Direkt) Paradox vd Ebba Ljungerud tror inte att Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, vars lanseringstid flyttats fram två gånger, kommer att lanseras under det första halvåret 2021.

Paradox är förläggare av Bloodlines 2 som utvecklas av spelstudion Hardsuit Labs som Paradox äger 33 procent av. Ursprungligen var det tänkt att lanseringen skulle ske det första kvartalet 2020, en tidpunkt som senare ändrades till det andra halvåret 2020 för att sedan ändras till 2021.

Ni har lämnat tidpunkten ganska vidöppet för när under nästa år spelet kan komma. Är det medvetet för att ni inte vågar lova det första halvåret?

"Jag tror inte det kommer under det första halvåret, men vi får se", säger vd:n.

Tidsschemat för Bloodlines 2 har påverkats av såväl personalavhopp som av pandemin. Förseningarna förde med sig att Paradox tog beslutet att anpassa spelet även för de nya konsolgenerationerna Playstation 5 och Xbox Series X som släppts i dagarna. Detta anpassningsarbete har i sig bidragit till förseningen av lanseringen.

"För att kunna utveckla till nästa generation så måste man ha utvecklingskitt från tillverkarna. Och jag är rätt så säker på att både Sony och Microsoft påverkades av pandemin för de hade inte så många utvecklingskitt", kommenterar Ebba Ljungerud.

Paradox har tidigare i år flaggat för att pandemin påverkat produktiviteten och att det riskerar att framför allt speltitlar som ännu inte kommunicerats blir försenade.

Och med en andra pandemivåg som nu breder ut sig blev det väl inte så mycket andningspaus?

"Det beror lite på vilka länder vi pratar om, men det blev en lite andningspaus. Nu blir det lite tuffare igen och det är inte toppen. Samtidigt bygger vi långsiktigt och helst skulle man inte vilja ha några förseningar alls. Men det är också en del av verksamheten och något vi är vana att hantera", säger Ebba Ljungerud.

Förutom Bloodlines 2 och Surviving the Aftermath, spel som annonserade redan 2019, ser er lanseringskalender för 2021 lite tunn ut.

"Vi vet inte riktigt hur förseningarna påverkar ännu och vi vill helst ha koll internt när vi kan släppa någonting innan vi annonserar det. Det tar längre tid och blir krångligare, men det är inte så att det inte går. Och tittar man på hur bokföringen ser ut så går det att se att vi investerar mycket för framtiden så det finns absolut saker i pipeline. Det är långt kvar tills nästa år är slut", säger Ebba Ljungerud."

A summary is basically: probably not released 1H 2021; they are developing for the new consoles due to the delay but got no development kit as early as they wanted to do it; covid impacted development a lot at first, then was ok, now it's worse again; there are more things in production at Paradox than vampire.

My link above has the English translated version that I shared yesterday. Sure they can blame Covid, other games, and newer consoles, but sorry just read the news-bits.

A year behind schedule, mass firings, and other neagtive leaks.:(

I fully expect a cancellation of this at some point next year.
Either that, or the game will come out in a state that makes the original release look finished.

There is simply no way that a game with such a troubled development can possibly turn out well.

My link above has the English translated version that I shared yesterday. Sure they can blame Covid, other games, and newer consoles, but sorry just read the news-bits.

A year behind schedule, mass firings, and other neagtive leaks.:(
Yes, I'm not saying that this is good news (well almost a month old news, so not really news).

And I'm Swedish so I don't need the translation :)
There's something off about the translation, BTW. Half Google translate, half fixing it up a bit?

Yes, I'm not saying that this is good news (well almost a month old news, so not really news).

And I'm Swedish so I don't need the translation :)
There's something off about the translation, BTW. Half Google translate, half fixing it up a bit?
I ran it though Chrome so yeah it was a quick google translate. Another game they mention called Surviving the Aftermath is pushed back also. That surprises me.

Recently I played the latest version and it's mostly content complete.

I ran it though Chrome so yeah it was a quick google translate. Another game they mention called Surviving is pushed back also. That surprises me as it in Beta already.

I played the latest version and it's mostly content complete.
Cool. Google translate is actually becoming decent.

What I'm hoping for is that companies like Paradox use the pandemic as an excuse to placate the share holders, while actually polishing the game more than normally... But I doubt that's the case

Damn, I was starting to get a little excited after the last few trailers. I especially liked the one with the Wayne Newton song. Oh well...it's not as if I don't have a significant backlog anyways.

And that kids, is why you never pre-order!

PS: Writing this to myself since I bought the 90 € deluxe version back when it was announced. Didn't even think twice since I thought Paradox will get this done for sure. I don't care about the delays, but with all the negative news it seems this will be a complete mess on release...

My brother canceled his pre-order right when they weirdly fired Mitsoda and the other guy. We agreed it was real bad news when creative leads are canned without knowing why.

And I suspect Matsoda was no small part of why the tone felt so right in those videos. Just having source material around, so to speak, is a good thing. It's a shame. I hope we're all surprised later, but I doubt it.

Edit: I wasn't as decisive as my brother, but I also didn't pre-order, as I didn't know anything about the dev studio. That said, I also had some faith Paradox would get it done, as they usually do…just not enough to pre-order.

Last edited:
Sad to see this news, but even as excited I was to see a sequel to one of my favorite games, I'll never ever preorder.

Ah well. NOt the first time have been burned like this, kickstarter am I right?
Still will see what eventuates.. The first game wasn't exactly ideal when it first came out and the IP setting has changed over time. Will do my best to forget about it and see what turns up, you know, if I am still alive or have electricity and an internet connect. It would be hilarious to see the VTM setting deal with gobal warming and the Sars Cov 2 virus and whatever next hell is on our door step.

Back
Top Bottom