WB Sleezebags

It's Warner, what else did you expect from them.

The Hate Train is after WB and Monolith now. They put in a DLC and donate part of the proceeds to charity and what happens? THEY GET SLAMMED FOR IT! Oh, and I don't know what media outlets missed this (PC Gamer didn't) but anybody that didn't know this would see it right there on the DLC page:

WB Games will donate to the Forgey family $3.50 from every purchase of the Forthog Orcslayer made from any 1 of the 50 United States or D.C. (but, excluding purchases made from AL, HI, IL, MA, MS and SC) through December 31, 2019. Void where prohibited by law. Your purchase is not tax deductible.

That's not in tiny font, that's immediately under the button to buy it and ABOVE the description of what's actually in there!

Just another in a long line of internet hate scams. Give people something to hate, factual or not, and watch the money roll in.

Zloth, they could have put DLC as freebie and state a percentage of sales from the complete game, not DLC-o-rama will go to charity. Regardless of geolocation.

They didn't. DLC, any, is the worst cancer of them all. And it needs to die in agony after chemotherapy.

The Hate Train is after WB and Monolith now. They put in a DLC and donate part of the proceeds to charity and what happens? THEY GET SLAMMED FOR IT! Oh, and I don't know what media outlets missed this (PC Gamer didn't) but anybody that didn't know this would see it right there on the DLC page:

That's not in tiny font, that's immediately under the button to buy it and ABOVE the description of what's actually in there!

Just another in a long line of internet hate scams. Give people something to hate, factual or not, and watch the money roll in.

I'm amazed that some people are still suckers for defending this sort of behavior from our corporate overlords. Amazing indeed.

After WB/Monolith fuck up a singleplayer game and introduce microtransactions that will affect game balance regardless whether anyone purchases any of the microtransactions (or are you honestly naive enough to believe they won't tamper with how grindy the game is to incentivize spending money?), and then they partner up with Tortino's Pizza for ingame bonuses, because yeah, that's what any Tolkien themed game needs for maximum immersion.

Finally, they monetize day 1 DLC out of which a part will go to the family of the dead guy, but only from purchases made from some of the US states. Anything sold globally will be fully received by the publisher.

And you're going to try to minimize this?
You're either a troll or have no idea what you're talking about.

At this point any consumer that purchases this game Day 1 is a complete tool.
I can't believe some still can't see what WB has done to monetize this single player games and how it will be the future for them.

Any argument about "games are expensive, they need money", "You dont' have to buy DLC or loot boxes", "Blame the suits but still buy the products" is pathetic at best and retarded at worst.

If anyone buys this product they have zero right to complain about any DLC or monetization scam tactic by WB ever again. (Not like that will stop them, EA is raking it in even tho the morons that buy from them vote them "Most hated company.")

Elan Sleazebaggano was a character from Star Wars Episode II.

It's a damn shame video games are now corrupting even pizza industry.

You get free pizza for achievements. Kill a hundred uruks and you get a free jumbo.

After slaying hundred uruks, a tasty pizza certainly hits the spot. After helm's deep, Theodas ordered everyone a pizza. I vividly remember this, but can't for some odd reason recall the page number.

Zloth, they could have put DLC as freebie and state a percentage of sales from the complete game, not DLC-o-rama will go to charity. Regardless of geolocation.

They didn't. DLC, any, is the worst cancer of them all. And it needs to die in agony after chemotherapy.
<sigh> Yes, and they could have donated all profits to charity. In fact, they could have liquefied all assets six months after releasing the game and quietly given it to charity with no mention in the press at all for a maximum selfless score. So what?? EVERYBODY could do more for charity, and that includes you.

What they did was donate a pretty big hunk of the price in a pretty big hunk of the richest nation on the planet to charity. Compare that to, say, the Witcher 3 expansions which generated 0 money for charity. Or perhaps Cities: Skylines, which generated 0 money for charity. Or maybe Anno 2070, which generated about half as much as Cities: Skylines.

Until a game gets on Humble Bundle, you're almost always looking at 0 charity donations. This one will probably generate a few thousand dollars. And you folks are HATING ON THEM FOR IT!?!

No, I couldn't care less about the "charity controversy".

All my comments stand against loot boxes, dlc, always online, ranked single player, and paid cheat codes for a single player game....

Actually I do have a comment on the "charity" thing.

If you want to "honor your dead developer", stick him in the game. The game that you are downloading anyway. Patch him in or something.

Don't charge people $5 to be part of the honor. It comes across as bullshit.

<sigh> Yes, and they could have donated all profits to charity. In fact, they could have liquefied all assets six months after releasing the game and quietly given it to charity with no mention in the press at all for a maximum selfless score. So what?? EVERYBODY could do more for charity, and that includes you.
I don't talk and won't talk what I do and did for charity. There are things I'm proud of and things when I asked myself if I could do more. But they belong only to me and people I helped. I don't need anyone else to know about any of it, if there is someone to talk about it, that's people I helped, not me.

Warner advertises it. They base DLC:The Game portion of sales on it and pretend to be a Jesus of games industry.
Sorry man, but I can't be more disgusted with their PR.

But then again, helping a stranger and never mentioning it is pretty much normal where I live.

Warner advertises it. They base DLC:The Game portion of sales on it and pretend to be a Jesus of games industry.
Sorry man, but I can't be more disgusted with their PR.
That's normal business practice. Buy a slushy and we donate a dollar to charity. Give another charity at $50,000 check and get your CEO's picture and company name in the papers. They do them for their own employees, too. I'm sure there are tens of thousands of business-specific hurricane relief funds going right now. This one has elements of both.

If the whole 'left hand should not know what the right hand is doing' thing is being done by any businesses then I sure don't know about it. (But then, that's the whole point of keeping it secret.)

A portion of sales donated to charity used as an advertisment - sorry, that's not normal business practice over here. In fact I believe it's illegal, dunno how it's treated in wherever Warner has it's HQ.

Here, a company can and does disclose if they gave $ to some charity - it has to be transparent. But a company mustn't ever present itself as being a middleman who keeps a percentage for their fat arses. In fact the thing is delicate enough if you donate something on an account that belongs to a charity party through your bank, no bank will charge you nor the recipient any additional fees but will transfer the full sum to the recipient.

As I said in my first post.
Warner could have kept their greedy mouth shut, spread the DLC for free and later donate some $ to cancer research or something. We wouldn't have this discussion then.

Charity is not business. Normally is not. If it is, it's a fraud.
And in this case, I'd rather transfer my $ directly to whomever Warner pointed at in their advertisment then buying their "precious" DLC.

I need to add GoT's shame-shame-shame gif desperately.

Seems most media outlets missed this important thing on the DLC that WB sells.
Worth watching the video from TB.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVM5g4MFnzs

why does it have 0 replies and 342,478 views, doesnt make much sense. comments arent closed.. also i gave this video a "thumbs up" when it was released, but its now removed.. i guess youtube did something to this video, is their censorship spreading to gaming too now? :/

Back
Top Bottom