Things you don't need to know...

I once read that our friend, the Huntsman, is responsible for a number of injuries each year, as he is fond of hiding in cars, and popping out to say "hello" when people are driving.

BBTkh7a.img
According to the research, 52 percent of Americans surveyed said pepperoni is one of their three favorite pizza toppings. Thirty-four percent included sausage in their top three, and 31 percent listed mushrooms. Bacon and plain/mozzarella cheese each were named top-three picks by 20 percent of respondents.

On the other end, 49 percent of those polled selected anchovies as one of their three least favorite pizza toppings. Also at the bottom were eggplant (disliked by 30 percent), pineapple (24 percent) and artichokes (24 percent).

Sausage on place 2? Really? Unexpected for me.

And I've never seen a pizza with eggplant. It's actually a good idea, I like eggplant (maybe with sucuk, jalapenos/chillies, and creme fraiche… hm).

I suppose the "research" was funded by pizza hut? :p

Last edited:
It's almost in reverse order of healthiness.

Personally, I've no problem with any of those toppings, except for the obviously barbaric practice of desecrating a lovely pizza with bits of pineapple.

I suppose the "research" was funded by pizza hut?
Nope.:p
In anticipation of National Pizza Day on Saturday, YouGov shared some new data about Americans’ pizza topping preferences. In short: It’s all about the meat.
Now if only I can find a good pizza place in Connecticut as I hate the regional paper thin New York style pizza. As Deep dish and stuffed pizza was my favorite in Chicago.

Yes I can get it shipped from Chicago but the price is crazy.

My favorite pizza - Deep Dish with extra sauce, pepperoni & cheese.:drool:

Lou-Malnatis-620x400.jpg

Last edited:
I hate greasy pizza - aka most varieties with meat and especially pepperoni.
I hate most meats on a pizza also but pepperoni grew on me in the last few years. I used to eat only cheese with different varieties. Hmm seven cheese is very delicious.:drool:

On a side note does anyone from the US remember this pizza.

I loved this pizza but it was discontinued.:(

I was reading a news article today which gave a link to an Australian site which will not only take away all of Pibs old worries about visiting Oz, but provide him with some new ones!! :D Here's the link, but it's a little NSFW, so be warned!!!! :)
https://www.instagram.com/getnakedaustralia/?hl=en

I rarely eat pizza anymore, enjoyed it immensely as a teen and into my twenties, then it just didn't keep up with my changing tastes. I'll have one now maybe every six months, I generally order a pie with sausage, pepperoni, and onions. When the pie arrives, I add an obscene amount of green olives and mushrooms, toss it in the over for an extra five-ten minutes, then dig in!

Thanks to DNA test, Jack the Ripper is finally identified!
It's the barber immigrant, of course.

That's how article headlines all over internet look.
Well...
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/201...-analysis-finally-reveal-identity-jack-ripper
The results are unlikely to satisfy critics. Key details on the specific genetic variants identified and compared between DNA samples are not included in the paper. Instead, the authors represent them in a graphic with a series of colored boxes. Where the boxes overlap, they say, the shawl and modern DNA sequences matched.

The authors say in their paper that the Data Protection Act, a U.K. law designed to protect the privacy of individuals, stops them from publishing the genetic sequences of the living relatives of Eddowes and Kosminski. The graphic in the paper, they say, is easier for nonscientists to understand, especially “those interested in true crime.”
Walther Parson, a forensic scientist at the Institute of Legal Medicine at Innsbruck Medical University in Austria, says mitochondrial DNA sequences pose no risk to privacy and the authors should have included them in the paper. “Otherwise the reader cannot judge the result. I wonder where science and research are going when we start to avoid showing results but instead present colored boxes.”

Hansi Weissensteiner, an expert in mitochondrial DNA also at Innsbruck, also takes issue with the mitochondrial DNA analysis, which he says can only reliably show that people—or two DNA samples—are not related. “Based on mitochondrial DNA one can only exclude a suspect.” In other words, the mitochondrial DNA from the shawl could be from Kosminski, but it could probably also have come from thousands who lived in London at the time.

Other critics of the Kosminsky theory have pointed out that there’s no evidence the shawl was ever at the crime scene. It also could have become contaminated over the years, they say.
Will this cold case ever be closed in a way it won't leave any questions unanswered? Maybe it will. But I'm not sure I'll still be alive to see it.

https://www.cracked.com/blog/14-dumb-health-products-pretending-to-be-ancient-secrets/

#14 Jade Vagina Eggs Are Some Paltrow Bullshit

Made famous by Gwyneth Paltrow on her website for women with a lot of extra time and money, Jade Eggs were advertised as a secret that was used by queens and concubines in the olden times. Inserting them into the vagina is supposed to "regulate hormones and menstrual cycles, prevent uterine prolapse, and increase bladder control."

They also have to be recharged once a month by moonlight, because werewolves and vaginas have a lot in common. All that for only $55-$66, depending on the model.

We kick off the list with this one because it's the perfect case study in "ancient remedy" nonsense. First, experts checked, and there's no evidence ancient Chinese royalty or anyone else ever used these. Second, even if they had, so what? Why in the world would that give the product more credibility? Do you think the average vagina was healthier a thousand years ago? You're in for a hell of a surprise, horny time travelers.

Also, they've been slapped with a $145,000 lawsuit for false advertising, so there's that. Still for sale, though!

#11 Jillly Juice Will Just Make You Poop

It takes a truly special person to rebrand explosive diarrhea as a health craze, but Jillian Epperly did it with her miraculous "Jilly Juice." Epperly claimed her juice could regrow lost limbs and cure cancer, autism, and homosexuality by ridding the body of a fungus called "candida," which lives in the gut. Symptoms of her miracle juice working real good included headaches, dizziness, and the aforementioned massive amounts of shit, which she refers to as "Waterfalls." That, umm, doesn't make it sound any better.

The recipe for Jilly Juice is just two cups of water, two cups of cabbage, and a tablespoon of salt, all left to ferment for three days. (She recommends drinking a gallon of it.) It's essentially brine, and the sodium content is so high that several people have accused her of causing strokes. Then again, maybe to get the full benefit, you need to access one of her $70/hour phone consultations. "You didn't ferment the cabbage enough, idiot!"

The link does have some more "miracles" that ain't free, but these two made me drop off my chair.

Welcome back Pibs, now stop farting around and get posting again!! :D

Welcome back Pibs, now stop farting around and get posting again!! :D

Yes. Maybe some XKCDs, or some maths things, so we can get things back to normal. :)

Back
Top Bottom