Vampyr - Delayed to Spring 2018

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
TechRaptor reports that the Action RPG Vampyr is delayed to spring 2018:

DontNod's Vampyr Delayed to Spring 2018

DontNod’s anticipated RPG Vampyr has been officially delayed.

According to a recent press release, the game will be delayed to Spring of 2018 due to a major technical issue that has set the team back at the end of the game’s development, according to DontNod CEO, Oskar Guilbert.

“This delay allows us enough time for all the polishing and balancing phase, much needed for a game of Vampyr’s scope,” stated Guilbert.

Vampyr will have the player explore early 20th century London during the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic as Dr. Jonathan Reid, a newly turned Vampire who struggles with his new affliction. The game boasts a semi-open world based on the streets of London, where your moral decisions will determine the fate of the city, district by district.

[...]
More information.

Goody! Because already don't know when will I play everything planned till the end of this year...

I am looking forward to this a whole lot, even though vampires are not something I have a particular interest in.

DontNod's first game Remember Me was a whole lot of fun, a good dystopian setting and storyline with Batman Arkham style combat, and their other game Life Is Strange was also very good. I am glad to read "...game of Vampyr’s scope."

As others have already said I'm glad it got delayed. I don't have enough time for all the games coming out and it gives the developer more time to polish the game. I think this will end up being a pretty decent game from what I've seen. I'm glad they aren't just going to try and push it out for the holidays.

Remember Me should have been an rpg ( or played more into world/setting, quests and characters) so this is good!
DN's got some great artists, they're french after all.

All this talk about no time this year... do you folks really think you'll have any more time next year? ;)

All this talk about no time this year… do you folks really think you'll have any more time next year? ;)
Probably not, but in 2020 we do. 24 hours more time :)

That would be a bit early, but 2020 is a year that can be divided by 4, so there is a day extra ;)

Back
Top Bottom