Gothic 2 Gold - Analysis

I spent a lot of both games and G3 just exploring, climbing up on everything I could and around and in the undergrowth. You never know what you'll discover. Little bits of lore and incidents that happened to NPCs, lost gear and trinkets. Great fun just to see where I could gain access.

I just loved these games. :)

Btw there is still the ongoing Gothic 3 community story project. More info about it here: https://g3csp.de/en/

They have shown progress each year. To be more precise there is a yearly tradition of an advent calendar where they show their work in progress. These things sure take their own time, but this one has been in development some years. They are quite determined in my opinion to see it through. :)

Still one of the most immersive games I've ever played. PB's titles are far from perfect, but no one does exploration better.

And i'd venture to say that even the imperfections have their own endearing qualities that make it unique. Like the awful voice acting. I can't help but love it.

Still not comparable to a modern game.

It looks like blocky up scaled textures.

More like this please.:p

Still not comparable to a modern game.

It looks like blocky up scaled textures.

More like this please.:p

We found the:

monocle-guy.jpg

:p

I think I'd enjoy a remade Gothic. Thanks for all the news, @Couchpotato;

I just loved these games. :)

Btw there is still the ongoing Gothic 3 community story project. More info about it here: https://g3csp.de/en/

Yeah, I kinda gave up on that. I remember being excited about it like 6 years ago or so, but updates are very few. I am rather skeptical this will ever come to anything, sadly.

The demo for the Gothic remake was mediocre at best. Combat was pretty bad, and I hated the 4-choice dialogue wheel. Even the graphics were subpar by today's standards. Artistically, it didn't stand up to PB's games.

The devs claim they're serious about changing things based on player feedback though, so maybe there's a chance…

Back
Top Bottom