The Mystery Scene Game

Well, the titles there, but it's another film I've never heard of. Looks Canadian, which means it probably never made it down here; how many Aussie films have you seen?

mad max, quigly down under, the man from snowy river, walkabout (great, great movie!), the earthling, young einstein, "that's not a knife", and a few low budget budget mel gibson and paul hogan films

I thought you were from TO. Bob and Doug say Godd Day. You should be able to relate to that.

I was from TO well over 30 years ago!! :) Those Aussie films you quoted are old quite old; seen any new ones? :) Most of our top stars now work out of Hollywood.

From Wiki.....

"Twenty-five-year-old writer/director Phil Tucker made Robot Monster in four days for an estimated $16,000. It grossed $1,000,000 in its initial release."

Holy crap, $1,000,000 in 1953! Not bad for a movie that has the dubious honor of being considered one of the "Worst films ever".

Yep, I rewatched that this weekend ... it hasn't aged all that well, in my opinion. There was more gratuitous sex stuff than I remembered and less that was genuinely funny. The whole BB King 'please give to the blacks without soul fund' turning into 'the man who turned a personal affliction into a major career' thing with David Alan Grier was my favorite part of the movie.

Sheesh, where do you find these things!! :)

Amazon Women On The Moon actually shows up on one of the cable channels here in Canada a fair bit. I've never watched it, despite the nearly-irresistable name!

Amazon Women On The Moon actually shows up on one of the cable channels here in Canada a fair bit. I've never watched it, despite the nearly-irresistable name!

It was interesting, I hadn't made the connection that the girl who played the 'never seen a man' Alpha Beta in the titular sketch was the same Lana Clarkson who was (allegedly) gunned down by Phil Spector ...

funny..I seen that years ago. that was the only clip I remember..it was so funny. Grier was singing "Tie a Yellow Ribbon".

Dad, be careful of your jpg names. You are giving away the title.

The Cook, The Thief, His Wife And Her Lover?

I bet that's it. I never saw the movie but I remember the commercials.

If its not then I'll guess Like Water for Chocolate.

The Cook The Thief His Wife and Her Lover ... wonderful movie in a brutal way.

Like Water for Chocolate doesn't have the wonderful Helen Mirren

Peter Greenaway is quite the director.

Here's another for all of you to chew on... I'll give a hint... that's Trumpy in the picture...

This movie has multiple titles depending on what country it was released in. I only remember the US title... but I'll look up the rest just in case.

Movie Scene #46

Is that Pod People?

That was done on Mystery Science Theatre 3000... "It has nothing to do with pods, nothing to do with people, everything to do with hurting!"

Back
Top Bottom