What games are you playing now?

Eve Online. Just became (limited) free to play.

56420183.jpg

Last edited:
I think this game made it into my top 5 RPGs. I'm currently playing Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, and loving every minute of it (every minute of the 80 hours so far that I've been playing it).

The game starts strangely with you and other people you don't know (yet) at level 50 trying to stop something bad from happening. After easily dispatching the enemies on the way as a tutorial, you reach the area and ... now you're level 1 going into a military academy, where for the next 4 months or so you're training and getting to know those people that were with you in the 'tutorial'. Game gives me a Persona vibe, and yet it feels much grander.

Gave in and picked Tyranny after coming late last night…never a good idea to browse GOG while not entirely sober.
Pretty interesting intro, don't see that often even in rpg's, loved it, playing as Maximus Tyrannicus, pit fighter extra-ordinaire, heavily favoring the Disfavored, there's got to be in game pun on that.
Music is a bit of heard it and then some, but admit, it fits the setting nicely, heavy on violine…might even try and learn to play one what with the loading screens.
Didn't even finish three encounters and already bored with combat, lol. Press button 1, press button 2, press button 3, press button 4…and then we go back to button 1.
Seriously would enjoy more Dungeon Siege III gameplay here than this…this requires neither reflexes or thought, plus it takes way too long.
One thing though…how does follower loyalty/fear work… gameplay bonuses or ties in with story/ factions ?

You can press R for the reputation screen. It shows you what you get in terms of gameplay, which are new combat abilities including combos.
In terms of story, it's very dependent but allows you to find out new things or select different responses.

Just fired up Skyrim Special Edition on my PC. Was expecting a bit more, I guess, as it kinda looks the same as I always remembered it, really. But it does look good overall. Little touches like smoke looking better coming off the fire, etc. Probably going to add some mods in there (4K textures, Morrowloot, etc. etc.) and revisit the wintry province for a winter playthrough. :)

I bought a new computer after a long time of not upgrading and now have a backlog. Going through Witcher 3 now and though it is an excellent game overall, the character system is weak and doesn't motivate me.

I usually replay games I like several times and upcoming for me is Mankind Divided, XCOM 2, Dishonored 2, Tyranny, Torment (first priority), Divinity 2, PoE 2 (hopefully soon) and maybe Mass Effect (probably too much progressive characters and themes). Since I only sometimes play during the work days, I'm all set for potentially years without running out of RPGs.

I also replayed FO and FO2 recently. FO2 is still the superior RPG in my book. The gameplay combines a perfect balance of dialogs, quests, character developlement and combat. Most importantly, there's no dungeons or filler trash mobs or constant loot management. It's a pure joy to play.

Eh, gained enough courage and starting Outlast dlc. Also played around a bit with Mafia II, pretty impressive so far.

I'm not playing any more horror games until I get my VR headset. I'm a masochist.

You wouldn't want this in VR...DLC on it's own was good horror, but that one scene with player on table ( about to be spliced by serial killer)? Most sick thing I've seen in a video game.

You wouldn't want this in VR…DLC on it's own was good horror, but that one scene with player on table ( about to be spliced by serial killer)? Most sick thing I've seen in a video game.

You know, that type of thing doesn't scare me at all. 'Slasher' and 'shock' horror does little to me, but show me a ghost and I'm running like a headless chicken.

Currently smurfing a new acc on LoL. Trying to help a low level friend to learn the game. Playing mostly as support because noone still doesn't want to play that rubbish role in LoL, they should retire it for good. Never played Blitz in my life before, it's fun.

Hoooooly shit, just got out alive from Amnesia water level. This holds up, will be best horror game played so far.

25+ hours in Enderal. Really just scratching the surface so far. Deep game and a very special game like Nehrim was/is.

If you want something to get lost in in the snowy winter wonderland you're in, I'd recommend it. :)

I hit level 20 in Enderal last night. I think the pros outweigh the cons by far. The main quest is cliché and kind of dull, but the exploration and world building more than makes up for that.

Knowing me, I'll start over tonight because I start a 13-day vacation. I wasted several learning points on skills I never use, so I want to fix that.

I hit level 20 in Enderal last night. I think the pros outweigh the cons by far. The main quest is cliché and kind of dull, but the exploration and world building more than makes up for that.

Knowing me, I'll start over tonight because I start a 13-day vacation. I wasted several learning points on skills I never use, so I want to fix that.

You restart RPGs a lot. :p

Nice, though. 13 days for an Enderal marathon. :D The pros outweigh the cons for me, too. It has rough edges but I think it's a bit more polished than Nehrim as well. Looking forward to the DLC! :)

reinstalling games I never finished on my new rig.
Somehow, this all feels like deja vu. Too many games with nothing grabbing me. It's not a good place to be.

Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition.

I never got around to playing it when I bought it (I played the original 15 years ago) - so playing it now. It's pretty interesting to go through even now, fifteen years later. Better game than most tripe thrown out there under the guise of "indie" - "kickstarter" or "in perpetual early access" that you see now.

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
After getting to Egypt in Titan Quest as a change of pace I'm now stomping Orks playing W40K: Space Marine. Both games are a bit narrow in focus - there's little to do besides kill things - but they're fun enough.

Rimworld at the moment. Boy is that game addictive. You set up a colony after your ship crashes on a planet and have to survive the elements and other factions as you develop a colony. Graphics are simple but the game makes up for it with very deep systems which allows you to assign work schedules, research, grow crops etc. My colonists have random stat allocations,tag skills and disabilities/traits which makes the game really interesting in terms of how you manage them. For example one of my characters was a psychiatric patient which meant she couldn't communicate effectively with others. Another of my colonists was a pyromaniac earlier in life and so wouldn't put out fires.

The game revolves around managing the happiness level of your colonists so you can attract new colonists. This means improving the quality of your base and its amenities. This can be hard to do while you need to hunt and gather (or farm) just to get people fed.

Back
Top Bottom