Quest for Glory IV - Enhanced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
IndieRetroNews reports on an enhanced edition of Quest for Glory IV.

Yes indeed welcome to QFG4 Enhanced 1.1; A new update to the game which features tons of bugfixes and improvements, including but not limited to, over an hour of lost audio by the narrator, John Rhys-Davies which can now be heard as intended including death screens, all dead ends removed, annoying bugs fixed including bone cage and the paladin honor shield, improved sounds, cut encounters restored, death sequences restored, and much much you'll just have to play to experience for yourselves!

[...]​
More information.

While I wanted to love this one as it probably had the most appealing graphics of the series, I found it to be inferior to most of the other games. QfG1&2 remain my favourites flowed closely by 3. I think it was just too small and I disliked the combat.

Time to replay. Best QfG game and best adventure/rpg mix of all times. Always loved how many skills had its use in combat and in puzzle solving as well. Would like to see that in more RPGs too.

I never played them. I think, only the very last game was ever translated into German language.

I have bought the, via GOG, though. Still on my "waiting for playing" list. ;)

Played them all through with each class. Great memories. I bought my first 286 just so I could play QfG 2 since it wouldn't run on anything less!! :)

I also played qfg2 on a 286 in glorious EGA! I played 1 on a 8088 in monochrome!

I'd play it through scummvm as the developers there have fixed alot of original scripting bugs in addition to what this patch provides.

A bit off topic, but still within the series. Did anyone play through the AGD Interactive remake of QfG II? I'm considering replaying the series (among a ton of other games on my list!) and wondering if it's worth it or stick to the original.

A bit off topic, but still within the series. Did anyone play through the AGD Interactive remake of QfG II? I'm considering replaying the series (among a ton of other games on my list!) and wondering if it's worth it or stick to the original.

I've played it and I would consider it worthwhile althrough I still prefer the original. The combat is more challenging but you can set the difficulty of that. Also you can choose between parser and point and click conversation options or have both available if you like. And also you can choose the complexity of the city maze.

I think the graphics upgrade is nice enough and the music tracks have been redone and extended.

I've played it and I would consider it worthwhile althrough I still prefer the original. The combat is more challenging but you can set the difficulty of that. Also you can choose between parser and point and click conversation options or have both available if you like. And also you can choose the complexity of the city maze.

I think the graphics upgrade is nice enough and the music tracks have been redone and extended.

Also played it some years ago and it was definitely worth my time so I can only recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom