BioSynth: Rising - Turn-based Sci-fi RPG

Only a couple of days left till the campaign launches. One thing I worry about is you ask for enough funds, and don't end up canceling the whole project in the future.

Only say this as another promising game went under today called Scarlet Republics.

Link - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/167245551/scarlet-republics/posts/3304445

Sorry to hear that those developers are shutting their project off.

It's a right concern and I want to tell you this.

I started this project as a solo developer. In four months I developed a project appealing enough to start gathering a team. Over time we grew to a team of 9 people, and 1 year after the beginning we are launching the Kickstarter.
There have been so many difficulties along the way... so many times that I thought "I can't overcome this". I'm not just talking about developing the game, but also finding teammates, earning money by working on the side (I funded the project with personal money), dealing with delays, etc... yet, here we are.
If we haven't quit up to now, we won't later on.

About asking for enough funds... yes, we are doing it.
But even if I'm mistaken, I have contacts with some investors that can help in case of necessity (I just didn't want to do it from the start because I don't want to rush the development to repay their investment... so I picked the harder route to stay true to our vision for the game).

Basically, our main concern is to make the Kickstarter go well.

Only 5 days left in the kickstarter, and it's obviously not going to reach their goal.

I'm disappointed because I think this has a lot of potential. I hope they find a way to get the funds they need and finish development.

Shame it's not going well. Years ago, I would've backed this without a second thought. Unfortunately, though I've learned that an appealing concept and even some nice video footage are no guarantee of a an actual released game. While it's still no guarantee, these days I think unproven developers absolutely must have a playable demo for a successful crowdfunding campaign.

Also, while the main problem may simply be not getting enough eyeballs on the project, I can't help but think that the entry price is steep. The lowest digital copy tier comes out to $30. That's totally reasonable for a launch price but seems high considering the risk that the game never ships.

Shame as well I agree it didn't get much publicity. Crowdfunding nowadays is just a disappointment and I miss the early days. His only option may be Early Access now.

Shame as well I agree it didn't get much publicity. Crowdfunding nowadays is just a disappointment and I miss the early days. His only option may be Early Access now.

Yeah. Perhaps they should try KS again if they get a demo ready. But I assume EA would've been the plan even if the Kickstarter had been successful. 50K wouldn't last very long and even with more publicity indie games are unlikely to raise six figures these days.

I'm disappointed because I think this has a lot of potential. I hope they find a way to get the funds they need and finish development.

Thank you for the kind words!

We've been working on the plan B for quite a while now :) We'll share some details later today on Kickstarter.

Not sure about crowdfunding in general, but yes Kickstarter has changed a lot.

Actually there are quite a few options... not saying they are easy... on the contrary! But we're determined to complete the game.

Yeah. Perhaps they should try KS again if they get a demo ready. But I assume EA would've been the plan even if the Kickstarter had been successful. 50K wouldn't last very long and even with more publicity indie games are unlikely to raise six figures these days.

We're already working on the demo :)
But at the moment, we are not planning another Kickstarter. We'll take a different route.

I'm a bit surprised it didn't catch up, but there must be many parameters. For example, there have been a lot of significant RPG releases these last two months. That must steal the show and distract from KS projects, and get people's preference if they have a limited budget too.

Hi everyone, in case you haven't looked at the updates on our website, we're still working on BioSynth: Rising :)

In the last post we published, we've shown a preview of the character creation screen...
Character-Creation.jpg

...we talked a little about the work we've been doing about the quests...
Quest-example.jpg

...and we shared a little about some quality of life UI improvements.
Combat-UI.jpg

If you're interested, you can read the full post here: https://neptunegames.net/update-character-creation-quests-and-quality-of-life-ui/

In the next days, we're going to talk about (and show!) some additional updates.

Back
Top Bottom