CD Projekt RED - New Developments - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » CD Projekt RED - New Developments

Default CD Projekt RED - New Developments

November 26th, 2021, 17:12
Gaming Bolt reports that CDPR confirmed new "AAA Cyberpunk" and The Witcher Games.

New AAA Cyberpunk and The Witcher Games Will Begin Development in 2022, CD Projekt Confirms

CD Projekt president Adam Kiciński says the Polish studio is gearing up to begin AAA development on projects in both IPs next year.

CD Projekt RED has some stuff cooking for the near future- Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3 are both getting native PS5 and Xbox Series X/S versions in early 2022, while future updates and expansions for the former are also currently in the works. Next year, however, will also see the Polish studio beginning to work on its next big projects.

Speaking in an interview with Polish outlet Rzeczpospolita, when asked if CD Projekt has plans for developing any IPs beyond Cyberpunk and The Witcher, president Adam Kiciński said that those two properties have great potential. The studio, as such, remains focused on those two only, and will begin development on big-budget AAA games in both in 2022.

"We are currently focusing on our two franchises," Kiciński said. "Both have enormous potential, so one of our strategic goals is to start working on AAA projects in parallel within our IPs, which is expected to happen next year."

This, of course, isn't the first time CD Projekt RED has said this, having made similar statements earlier this year. Some months before the launch of Cyberpunk 2077, Kiciński had also confirmed that once the action RPG has launched, CD Projekt RED will begin working on the next mainline game in the Witcher series. That said, given the fact that the studio has learnt its lesson after Cyberpunk 2077 and plans on having shorter marketing cycles for its future games, it's likely that we won't be hearing much about what's in store for the future anytime soon.

Meanwhile, CD Projekt recently also acquired The Molasses Flood, developer of The Flame in the Flood and Drake Hollow. That team is said to be working on an "ambitious" new project based on either Cyberpunk or The Witcher.
More information.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)

November 26th, 2021, 17:45
Interesting, wonder what they have in store. I remain a huge fan of them. One thing that I think helps and is great about them, is they are located in Poland as a home base, which makes them have their own cultural based approach to their games, and avoids some of the problematic culture based stuff we see happening here in the USA, which seems largely agenda driven and political, and that has a negative impact on games in general.

Less US-centric based rpg developers, and more from other different cultural based countries, please! Ones that are largely immune to US culture, political influences and passing fads, please.

I just hope their new games are classical fantasy based and they don't decide to start doing something too radical and off base like go into first person shooters big time or something.

Updated Now that I actually read the article closer (duh!) I see they said they are definitely going to be doing a major new game either in The Witcher universe or Cyberpunk, so in that case I hope they make the right choice, which means a new Witcher game, damn it! Hopefully anyway
--
"Let Justice Be Done, Though The Heavens Fall"

To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404
Last edited by Arkadia7; November 26th, 2021 at 17:59.

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
+1:

November 26th, 2021, 17:48
Poor CD Projekt RED going up in flames.
--
SSI Gold Box-style game, we are working on.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

November 26th, 2021, 19:09
I enjoyed Cyberpunk 2077 and I greatly hope for another big game in that universe.

I also greatly enjoyed The Witcher 3 but I believe that was due to its overall quality more than its setting, and while I would look forward to another game in that universe, I would be cautious about enthusiasm for it since I only slightly enjoyed TW1 and TW2 and unlike every other of the dozens of good games I have played, I have never had a desire to replay TW3 for some reason (I will replay C2077 at some point).

With that said, I will be cautious about anything new they release because I would prefer for its bugs to be worked out before I play it, and their track record for that is not good.

NFLed

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

November 26th, 2021, 19:18
Looking forward TW4.

Telstar

CRPG lover

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

November 26th, 2021, 19:26
The hype around the new Netflix series makes another Witcher game a certainty for priority.

Doesn't sound like they'll be doing any major expansions to CP 2077, opting instead for a new game. There's a lot of unused map there…

ChaosTheory

Virtual Reality Hero

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
+1:

November 26th, 2021, 19:49
I'd like to see a classic Fallout style Cyberpunk game but I guess that would be a side hussle for CD Projekt RED rather than a main deal like it should be.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)

November 26th, 2021, 20:18
Unfortunately, the more AAA, the less RPG, as it seems to me. But thats probably inevitable as production costs force the company to go mainstream.

Andrew23

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
+1:

November 26th, 2021, 20:36
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post

Doesn't sound like they'll be doing any major expansions to CP 2077, opting instead for a new game. There's a lot of unused map there…
Untrue.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

November 26th, 2021, 20:58
Eh… As much as I like CDPR, I still don't find this particularly exciting. If they're starting development of these titles next year, we're probably looking at 2026-2027 at the earliest until they get released.

Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
Updated Now that I actually read the article closer (duh!) I see they said they are definitely going to be doing a major new game either in The Witcher universe or Cyberpunk, so in that case I hope they make the right choice, which means a new Witcher game, damn it! Hopefully anyway
Unless I'm misunderstanding it, they're developing a game for both.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)

November 26th, 2021, 22:01
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Eh… As much as I like CDPR, I still don't find this particularly exciting. If they're starting development of these titles next year, we're probably looking at 2026-2027 at the earliest until they get released.

Unless I'm misunderstanding it, they're developing a game for both.
Yea, I think I got that wrong, now that I look at it. It was early in the morning and I was groggy will be my excuse!
--
"Let Justice Be Done, Though The Heavens Fall"

To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

November 26th, 2021, 22:27
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
Untrue.
The list Couch posted last week doesn't suggest a major expansion-- just side quest stuff BEFORE the final battle. Unless I missed an announcement somewhere? A continuation of the story, for instance.

ChaosTheory

Virtual Reality Hero

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

November 26th, 2021, 23:06
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Eh As much as I like CDPR, I still don't find this particularly exciting. If they're starting development of these titles next year, we're probably looking at 2026-2027 at the earliest until they get released.
Yep. The game(s) willl be a great time sink for the 12th covid wave. Quite fortunate that games don't feature taste and smell.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Medieval Dynasty

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)

November 27th, 2021, 17:12
Does the new "AAA Cyberpunk" game mean "Guys, remember those Cyberpunk 2077 DLCs?Forget'em!" ?
--
Sou tricolor de corao!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

November 27th, 2021, 18:20
The hype around the new Netflix series makes another Witcher game a certainty for priority.

The only good thing about the Witcher series, I think, is Sapkowski books of course, then the massively amazing NETFLIX WITCHER TV SHOW!!
The rest can go to hell.
--
SSI Gold Box-style game, we are working on.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

November 27th, 2021, 23:35
Like they said, Cyberpunk was the first game in a new franchise and insanely complicated, imagine they learn from that and make an even better second game… I just wounder, can they come up with such a fantastic story again ???? it appears hard…….

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

November 27th, 2021, 23:40
Keep making more games CD Projekt and I'll keep buying them.

Sure I was disappointed with how they handled CP 2077 but still enjoyed it. Don't listen to the online vocal minority. So keep doing what you guys do best. Story driven RPGs.
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
Does the new "AAA Cyberpunk" game mean "Guys, remember those Cyberpunk 2077 DLCs?Forget'em!" ?
Their holding them hostage for the next gen console versions. Still yeah they released only two free dlc's since it launched almost a year ago. That's pitiful based on Witcher III.
The list Couch posted last week doesn't suggest a major expansion-- just side quest stuff BEFORE the final battle. Unless I missed an announcement somewhere? A continuation of the story, for instance.
I can't remember the list. You might mean the updated roadmap. They'll release the new console versions next year, and we might be lucky to see the first expansion as well.
--
Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.
Last edited by Couchpotato; November 28th, 2021 at 01:24. Reason: Spell Check ruined one word.

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)

November 27th, 2021, 23:43
Originally Posted by mercy View Post
The only good thing about the Witcher series, I think, is Sapkowski books of course, then the massively amazing NETFLIX WITCHER TV SHOW!!
The rest can go to hell.
It's hilarious to be that passionate about a thoroughly mediocre TV show the game series beats in every way.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

November 27th, 2021, 23:44
I don't know what you're referring to from last week, but they plan to do at least one major DLC and that hasn't changed. Most people seem to think it's heavily Pacifica related.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

November 27th, 2021, 23:50
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
I don't know what you're referring to from last week, but they plan to do at least one major DLC and that hasn't changed. Most people seem to think it's heavily Pacifica related.
One as I recall CDPR claimed two large sized DLC expansion were in development. Did they change their mind in a recent meeting, or did I miss the announcement?

Here was the recent and past roadmaps.

Link - https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas…h=17e1daae1043
--
Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » CD Projekt RED - New Developments