King's Bounty II - Release Day

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The strategy RPG King's Bounty II will be released today:

King's bounty II

Legend returns! King's Bounty II is the long-awaited sequel to the legendary King's Bounty video games franchise, one of the most iconic representatives of the turn-based RPG genre.
More information.

Look forward to browsing Steam reviews on this… they aren't the be all and end all for me, but I'm assuming there will be lots of perspective there from players who played and liked earlier KBs… unlike a lot of the media reviews from the last 24 hours, which don't seem to appreciate what kind of game this intends to be based on its pedigree (no, it is not an open world Witcher RPG… lol).

Last edited:
Looks to me like an RTS turned into TBS.

Look forward to browsing Steam reviews on this… they aren't the be all and end all for me, but I'm assuming there will be lots of perspective there from players who played and liked earlier KBs… unlike a lot of the media reviews from the last 24 hours, which don't seem to appreciate what kind of game this intends to be based on its pedigree (no, it is not an open world Witcher RPG… lol).
I saw that somewhere and was very surprised. How would they have gotten that impression, I don't know.

I saw that somewhere and was very surprised. How would they have gotten that impression, I don't know.

Well, the funny thing was that I saw it in two different reviews. I guess if a reviewer isn't familiar with previous games, they might look at this and on the surface think it is a proper RPG with turn-based battles... but still, you'd think they would do their research.

Boring third person map exploring, boring dialogues, story and characters. Cluncky controls and animations.

For me, it looks too much a waste of time, to even consider playing this for the tactical battles part. I've watched a video with the first 30 minutes of the game (or tried to) and I was really bored and unimpressed, I couldn't endure those 30 minutes. Ended up skipping for the battle parts, which are more interesting. But buried in all that "RPG" crap, it's lost to me. I can't afford the time to go through trash to get to the good parts.

But maybe it's just the beggining that is bad, I'll wait to see other opinions, by people who play the game and advance more. One thing is for sure: it's not a 50€ game.

Just wish I could play! I pre-ordered from Green Man Games. Unfortunately the publisher has cocked up and not sent them or others, (such as Humble) enough licences...

There is no ETA on when I'll get the game...

Daniel.

Due to lack of time I doubt I'll be playing it right away, hopefully won't be long.

But I did spot something among steam mostly negative whiny reviews:
No quick save/quick load option
WTF?
We in 2021 or in 1921?

I'm playing it. Looks way more of a RPG than a homm-type game.
No bugs so far and the graphic is good for today standards.

Due to lack of time I doubt I'll be playing it right away, hopefully won't be long.

But I did spot something among steam mostly negative whiny reviews:

WTF?
We in 2021 or in 1921?

I have that problem in Insomnia: The Ark atm. That game is surprisingly cool, but no Quick save/load sucks.

I have absolutely no idea why are some developers forgetting about it.
Maybe they came from phones and consoles where F5 key doesn't exist?

At least mostly negative steam turned into mixed now.

I'm not a big fan of a system that doesn't let you save when you wish, so that will be a huge factor should I ever decide to pick this one up or not. As for now, I'll stick to reading more reviews.

I'm not a big fan of a system that doesn't let you save when you wish...

But that is not true. You can save whenever you wish except during a fight. I kept playing and encountered zero problems so far.

Good news, devs will add F5:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1135300/discussions/0/3108018050534779069/
Will there be quicksaving?
Quick saves will be added in the next updates.

And some more:
Will there be difficulty levels?
The choice of difficulty level will appear in the next patch.

Why can't I select an ability to use with the mouse in combat?
The choice of abilities in the release version is possible only with the keyboard buttons for the PC. Click to select will be added in future updates. After selecting, you can confirm the use of the ability with the left mouse button.

Back
Top Bottom