Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.3c

PFK was notorious for being crazy buggy at release. That was its thing! :D

If you didn't have issues you must have been very very very lucky.

I also didnt encounter any significant bugs in Kingmaker and I started to play 2 weeks after release. I probably noticed more glitches now in WotR then at that time in Kingmaker. And I definitely encountered more bugs in PoE2, which I played long after it was released. Experience can vary and its clear that those affected by bugs will be more vocal then the rest. Which I understand - not being able to properly play expected game is very annoying.

Anyway - Im slowly chewing through WotR and even with occasional bugs and glitches its more entertaining then most games I played .... since Kingmaker :) So Im personally not putting it aside.

I think WotR is still less buggy than Kingmaker but could be just my experience I guess.

I'm currently in chapter 5 and still enjoying it immensely - encountered 1 game breaking bug so far (which was quickly addressed) but getting a bit nervous because there are few choices I made which seems to be reflected incorrectly.
I cannot confirm anything about 1 and 2 because I didn't play Kingmaker on the release.
However I can confirm problems in act5, there are too many that need to be addressed. It tainted my impression, then again I'll replay the game for sure after I see Blackwater patched which is chapter 3 material and that will probably mean chapter 5 also polished so it doesn't matter much to me.

And btw act5 now ends not when you leave Iz but when you enter Threshold.
So don't worry about special Enigma room, you don't have to leave the queen to her demise just to solve the final annoying puzzle. ;)

Also, do not expect to complete the quest called Endgame if you're on Azata path.
Dunno about other paths.
Currently, for whatever reason, you can't maximize development and military aspects. Either points don't add up where they should or many events do not appear in headquarters. I've skipped ingame months in the futile attempt to complete it.

I agree with the above points. And being a little realistic, being slightly less buggy than KM is not a high standard to shoot for. I'm just thinking on how well received would be next BioWare's game if the redeeming factor is "at least it's got more depth than Anthem".

I enjoyed the game for the most part but when it was over, I was glad it was over. I also annoyingly didn't get to see ending personalised slides for my choices throughout the game, which left a bitter taste after the effort I put to drag myself to the finish line, and greatly diminished the feeling that every of the hard choices I made mattered at all. Hopefully that is just a bug that will get fixed, and I do have my saved game waiting for that so I can get proper closure.

In any case, the fact that games like this are made is to be supported and celebrated, and I hope they keep making more and better games, with realistic objectives that they can meet.

A BG successor it is not, perhaps something at PoE's level if not slightly worse (personal opinion) and the 78 user metascore for a niche game with an undying fanbase like Owlcat enjoys tells a story that even the most avid of fans should ignore. Criticism, if well placed, is always a good thing.

At the rate I play, TES VI will be released before/if I finish Pathfinder. I just roll up dozens of mage wannabes and then restart once I hit the garrison. I haven't even left that Tavern in any of my games :) Not sure how many hours that is exactly, but several.

At the rate I play, TES VI will be released before/if I finish Pathfinder. I just roll up dozens of mage wannabes and then restart once I hit the garrison. I haven't even left that Tavern in any of my games :) Not sure how many hours that is exactly, but several.
You are faster than I, then. I spent all that time and more without even setting foot in the prologue area.

Patch 1.0.3d is out

Yes, I too am one of those people who cannot fathom average completion times, let alone quick completion times in any games.

I dunno, maybe I spend too much time fiddling with inventories, or reading spells or something, as I regularly clock up double any average time in any game.

I finally got into chapter 3 at 67 hours. The entirety of Drezen alone took me 10+ hours, and I felt like I was rushing. I didn't go absolutely everywhere in the city, and I didn't complete a couple of fights (the summoners and the guys at the top of the tower). I do play turn based almost exclusively, so that has a lot to do with it. I thought I would use RTwP for common enemies/trash mobs, but in practice I don't use it at all. I don't like giving up control of what spells and abilities my party uses b/c I know I'm going to need that shit for the (many) difficult fights.

I finally got into chapter 3 at 67 hours. The entirety of Drezen alone took me 10+ hours, and I felt like I was rushing. I didn't go absolutely everywhere in the city, and I didn't complete a couple of fights (the summoners and the guys at the top of the tower). I do play turn based almost exclusively, so that has a lot to do with it. I thought I would use RTwP for common enemies/trash mobs, but in practice I don't use it at all. I don't like giving up control of what spells and abilities my party uses b/c I know I'm going to need that shit for the (many) difficult fights.
You can set it so they don't use spells which use slots I think.

I thought I would use RTwP for common enemies/trash mobs, but in practice I don't use it at all. I don't like giving up control of what spells and abilities my party uses b/c I know I'm going to need that shit for the (many) difficult fights.
As Pladio said, it shouldn't be a problem. You must right-click on a spell to make it automatic, you'll see it appear on the left side of the party bar. Here I've told Daeran he could use Prayer automatically. Right-click again to make it disappear. There can be only one at a time (per character).

image.png

(Something I don't understand is why the spell icon points to the bottom when we hold the Ctrl key.)

For the abilities, you can enable them by left-clicking them, they'll get a moving white frame to show they're enabled (but there's no quota normally).

Then you have the option "AI doesn't use expendable spells".

I also didn't have any serious bugs in Kingmaker and I got it on release. So far WOTR has been pretty good as well although the bugs I have heard about seem more serious. I see it as a very worthy successor for the Baldurs Gate line. BG was an epic game for its time just as the Pathfinder games are epic for our time, or will be once they iron out some of the bugs :p

They seem to really care about the game though and are making a good effort to patch it, unlike some other developers. So hopefully the most critical bugs will be fixed soon.

Last edited:
I also didn't have any serious bugs in Kingmaker and I got it on release. So far WOTR has been pretty good as well although the bugs I have heard about seem more serious. I see it as a very worthy successor for the Baldurs Gate line. BG was an epic game for its time just as the Pathfinder games are epic for our time, or will be once they iron out some of the bugs :p

They seem to really care about the game though and are making a good effort to patch it, unlike some other developers. So hopefully the most critical bugs will be fixed soon.

While I acknowledge both of Owlcat's Pathfinder games have bug issues, IMO, they are both the best successor's of BG.

I will reserve my judgement until I finish WotR, but at this point, it is my equal first favourite game along with BG2 :)

I'm loving my Angel run - I still love my Azata a bit more but having a blast.

I think that's a very respectable opinion, and I'm glad you are having a lot of fun. I did too! It's a fantastic game, bugs (and army/realm management) aside.

But in the end, I have to factor in the bugs and the parts of the game that subtracted from the overall experience. In that regard, I guess I can not see it as a successor to BG because before WotR we had, amongst other things, two Pillars of Eternity games that racked better scores both from users and critics, were less buggy, and built a world from the ground up, rather than using pre-existing material and simply adapting it. They changed things here and there, sure, but still, ask any artist what requires more talent, modifying something from a reference, or building it up from your own creativity (I'd know, it's my profession!).

That said, I didn't mean to offend! It is my own opinion, and it is fully respectful of those who have a different one.

PS: Also answering only because I feel you speaking about it being a worthy successor to BG might be prompted by me saying it wasn't. Don't mean to target you, just wanted to clarify my point of view! :)

I won't try to compare WoTR to BG2, but I can say with certainly that for me WoTR >> Kingmaker. There are still moments when I'm yelling at my screen and it feels like an endurance test, but I also love it and I'm addicted to it.)

I won't try to compare WoTR to BG2, but I can say with certainly that for me WoTR >> Kingmaker. There are still moments when I'm yelling at my screen and it feels like an endurance test, but I also love it and I'm addicted to it.)

I also had those moments and no doubt will be yelling at my screen many times more while I play WotR XD

But yes, I love the game too :D

I feel I should point out that I am heavily biased with this game and as some here know I tend to react more on an emotional level when it comes to my passions.

None of my gaming friends are playing this game and only one has any interest because they played Kingmaker, but they are busy with XCOM and Warhammer right now - so its not on their big list.

Anyhow this kind of game, like BG, hits all the right notes for me while also being modern and current in design and technology (which probably also brings more bugs with it - the more complicated something gets the more likely hood of issues).

I could go on at length, and I can be very wordy, about the two games but 'nuff said.

I love options in games especially when it comes to making my own character - race, class, background, skills, perks, and this game has all that. Plus animal companions, epic story … I can't tell you how many times I have just sat and watched the butterflies around my character.

Not because they are butterflies … can't say that is really my thing … but because of the way the game shows progression visually in the paths you take. Not to mention I get a big smile every time I find a new place I can cause nature to take hold. Even though the power comes from Azata it feels perfect for my follower of Gozreh. Random, chaotic, natural.

I also like being able to play his role. As an example he can turn into a wolf, leopard, bear, and soon a simoldon (sp??) ... and the latter three are all more powerful than the wolf especially since he is fully specced into the natural claw path of the feral champion warpriest. Yet he is part wolf and changing shape to any shape other than a wolf simply feels wrong, so I pretty much pretend I don't have those options and only use the wolf one.

Rambling, as usual. Anyhow I understand the criticisms even though I am loving the game myself ;)

I can give you the answer:
Prologue: festival to when you first reach surface again (Gray Garrison where you meet Irabeth)
Chapter 1: ends with you winning the battle in Gray Garrison
Chapter 2: ends with you retaking Drezen
Chapter 3: ends with you heading to abyss
Chapter 4: ends with you returning to Golarion
Chapter 5: ends with you winning battle at Iz
Chapter 6: game finishes.

Thanks! While a tiny bit "spoilerish" I find this very helpful. Due to the fact that so many quests & stuff are "chapter dependent".

Like I didn't even have any idea that I was only at the end of ch2, with some side-stuff to do before finishing the fight, despite the fact that I have currently played for 93 hours. :p

I had to go two evenings without the game, but all is good. Savor the taste, so to speak.

Made it through the tavern fight without anyone dying, using a combination of RTwP and turn-based combat. It really was too long at this point in the game (my characters were level 4). On the other hand, it made me try out new tactics and it felt very satisfying to finally beat the encounter.

The whole place was covered in two different types of in 30 ft radius vines, curtesy of Camellia, as well as Grease at the entrances. I read about another tactic where someone purchased Dragon Transformation scrolls to just faceroll the encounter, although they cost 2000 gold each.

Also, since I haven't found Arueshalae yet, I made Daeran a Bard and keep him as my fourth core party member for a smooth transition later on. Or maybe he'll grow on me and I keep him? I also found uses for Ember and Camellia - their single target sleep curse is fantastic, given that it basically has unlimited uses.

Good fun. Only need two more levels for my Cleric/Mage so he can be more useful with his spells.

I also like being able to play his role. As an example he can turn into a wolf, leopard, bear, and soon a simoldon (sp??) (..) Yet he is part wolf and changing shape to any shape other than a wolf simply feels wrong, so I pretty much pretend I don't have those options and only use the wolf one.
I do the same with my spell selections. So I have Mizan, my Mystic Theurge, Seelah the Warpriestess, Wenduag the Eldritch Scoundrel and Arue/Daeran the Bard. I limit all their spells to two schools each, with a few minor exceptions like self-only buffs. Mizan gets Evocation/Conjuration, Seelah sticks to Abjuration/Transmutation, Wendu embraces Necromancy/Divination and Arue/Daeran goes with Enchantment/Illusion. This makes them much more thematic and more defined in their roles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom