Hogwarts Legacy - May Release in Late 2022

Redglyph

proud GASP member
VGC reports that during an interview, General Manager Rachel Wakely suggested a possible release of the game after the Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbeldore movie.

Warner Bros. has hinted that Hogwarts Legacy may arrive in late 2022

A new interview has hinted that Hogwarts Legacy may release in late 2022.

Rachel Wakely, Warner Bros. general manager spoke to Toy World magazine about the Wizarding World IP, in which she referred to "two major releases in 2022". The first is the upcoming Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbeldore, she said, which releases in the UK on April 8. The second is Hogwarts Legacy.

"From what we've seen, the launch will be well worth the wait and deliver a unique way for fans to interact with the franchise".

This could suggest that the game isn't set to release until after Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbeldore.

The game was delayed until 2022 in January 2021.

In a statement published on social media, the publisher thanked fans for their "tremendous reaction" to the game's announcement last year and confirmed the new release window.

"Creating the best possible experience for all of the Wizarding World and gaming fans is paramount to us so we are giving the game the time it needs," the statement read.

Developed by Avalanche Software (Disney Infinity), Hogwarts Legacy is described as an open-world RPG that takes players beyond Hogwarts to new and familiar locations, as they "live the unwritten and embark on a dangerous journey to uncover a hidden truth of the wizarding world."

[...]
More information.

This game has the potential to become the next ME:A/CP2077. There is the troll army on one side and the screaming kid fans that have by now grown up on the other side. Can the expectations be met? I wish they succeeded in making a genuinely good game, and that game actually was an RPG. In that way, the inevitable shit storm could be ignored by most.

Last edited:
I enjoyed Harry Potter books so I was interested in this game but not sure anymore... late 2022 is still a long way away and I don't think there's much info on this game available?

I enjoyed Harry Potter books so I was interested in this game but not sure anymore… late 2022 is still a long way away and I don't think there's much info on this game available?

I haven't seen any news on this game for a while (the last news here was in January!), but I wasn't actively looking for it either. Warner Bros is probably not the transparent type. ;)

I haven't read the books but watched the movies with my kids, and helped them when they played the games so I'm indirectly hooked. :D

Meaning that they don't do early access campaigns ;)
That least of all, which is not necessarily a bad thing if they prefer to work internally and without any feedback. They don't give development updates either. And fortunately, they don't build false expectations with marketing actions. At least not yet.

I could do with the dev updates but I understand the choice to keep it a surprise for us.

That least of all, which is not necessarily a bad thing if they prefer to work internally and without any feedback. They don't give development updates either. And fortunately, they don't build false expectations with marketing actions. At least not yet.

I could do with the dev updates but I understand the choice to keep it a surprise for us.

I like seeing updates but only when they have something meaty to share :)

Meaning that they don't do early access campaigns
I see nothing wrong with that. To many Early Access games on Steam nowadays. I also believe if your making games on a budget over 30 million you don't need Early Access.

Anyway look it up it's called traditional game development and it works.:p
This game has the potential to become the next ME:A/CP2077. There is the troll army on one side and the screaming kid fans that have by now grown up on the other side. Can the expectations be met? I wish they succeeded in making a genuinely good game, and that game actually was an RPG. In that way, the inevitable shit storm could be ignored by most.
With the fan-base of this IP you better get your popcorn bucket ready.:lol:

I see nothing wrong with that. To many Early Access games n Steam nowadays. I also believe if your making games on a budget over 30 million you don't need Early Access.:p

Yup. I was referring to people complaining about EA and now "complaining" (too strong word, but you get my meaning) about the lack of EA (features). I guess it does not matter at the end whether you communicate too much (CP2077) or little (ME:A). In the end, you are doing it wrong anyway :p

I enjoyed Harry Potter books so I was interested in this game but not sure anymore… late 2022 is still a long way away and I don't think there's much info on this game available?
Here you go some short game-play which might have changed since it was shared.

Yup. I was referring to people complaining about EA and now "complaining" (too strong word, but you get my meaning) about the lack of EA (features). I guess it does not matter at the end whether you communicate too much (CP2077) or little (ME:A). In the end, you are doing it wrong anyway :p
So true! :D

That's not always the same people though, clans are being made and battle lines are being drawn ;) Which reminds me we never made that poll on EA. I'll suggest that right away, hopefully it'll keep the contentious discussions in one thread for a while.

I've read the books yet not sure how I feel about this game, I'll likely be sitting on the fence and see what people think of it before making a decision.

I never saw the appeal of Harry Potter. I tried watching a few of the films but couldn't make it to the end of any of them. I'm sure this will sell like hotcakes though.

The films I found rather lack-luster, yet the novels, especially the first four, I thought were quite decent. Keep in mind that they aren't written at a very sophisticated level, I believe the target audience was teenagers, so you'll need to have that in mind as you go through the stories. At the time I read them, both my son and others in the family were also doing the same, so those links and feedback really added to the overall tale.

I think the first novel was aimed at an even younger age, maybe middle school or lower. But as the writer's audience aged, the maturity of her books increased too. I actually read through the first several books in Spanish when I was teaching myself it. The first book was a great starting point since it was written at a lower reading level and the fact that they get harder and harder from there was really helpful for learning a new language.

Back
Top Bottom