Lost Eidolons - Detailed Beta Feedback

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Ocean Drive Studio share the feedback they received from the first closed beta.

What we've learned from CBT1

Greetings, Tacticians!

A few weeks ago, we shared our initial impressions from some of the most popular player feedbacks from CBT1. Today, we wanted to share a more comprehensive list of things that our team is working on thanks to your ideas and suggestions.

Many of these adjustments may not have happened without players bringing them up, so our team is duly grateful of the comprehensive feedback that our community provided. Many of the changes to be made improved storytelling, more enjoyable combat, and better controls as well as UI/UX.

Given the volume of such improvements, we'll need to adjust the development schedule. Once we have a concrete timeline, we'll share this with the community right away.

For now, please take pride in the fact that your voices have greatly affected the direction of several aspects of the game, from storytelling pace to combat to outgame, and more! As a caveat, please note that plans to develop each of these features may differ slightly from the original proposition in the actual implementation.

[...]
More information.

This is on my most wanted to play when it finally releases list. Yes I started out with a negative opinion but the demo, and developer feedback have swayed my opinion.

This is on my most wanted to play when it finally releases list. Yes I started out with a negative opinion but the demo, and developer feedback have swayed my opinion.

Yeah, could be good. Similar to King's Bounty 2 perhaps? (never tried either so I would not know). As with the yesterdays game we commented on, also this seems to release in 202X :p

Those are some mighty fine words to hear as a dev, seriously. I think the latest beta revealed to us that there's tons of holes in the cloth that need stitching before we ourselves are satisfied with the quality of the game, let alone the players.

Right now the goal is to have a strong hook that keeps players interested in the first few hours of gameplay. We're concerned that if you can't keep someone interested in the story or gameplay of a game within the first 1-2 hours, there's a decent chance they stop playing or shelf it.

So we need to make sure that the game starts out strong, since there's no use in telling folks, "ah yeah, the story and gameplay picks up after chapter 8, 6+ hours in" and earnestly expect them to endure through something they might not find fun or engaging.

To that end, how long do you normally give a game before you've made up your judgment on if it's worth playing further or not? This question's open to anyone reading this message.

To that end, how long do you normally give a game before you've made up your judgment on if it's worth playing further or not? This question's open to anyone reading this message.
Early PR plays a role as usually that's all we have to go on. Your early videos started to sway my opinion more, and even your answers to our questions on this very forum.

Then I tried the demo and it brought back my nostalgia for the PS1 & PS2 days. I'm not sure if you are old enough to remember a game called Brigandine from 1998?

Your game is almost similar with modern graphics.:)

Early PR plays a role as usually that's all we have to go on. Your early videos started to sway my opinion more, and even your answers to our questions on this very forum.

Then I tried the demo and it brought back my nostalgia for the PS1 & PS2 days. I'm not sure if you are old enough to remember a game called Brigandine from 1998?

Your game is almost similar with modern graphics.:)

Dude we've definitely had double digit numbers of people comparing Lost Eidolons to Brigandine at this point, haha.

Dude we've definitely had double digit numbers of people comparing Lost Eidolons to Brigandine at this point, haha.
Then that is indeed a very good compliment to your development team. I could say the Front Mission games as well, but those are vastly different form Lost Eidolons.:)

Back
Top Bottom