This RPG is a bit crap isn't it...

I'm with Maylander and Wolf - I never give out score below 5 because I simply don't play them long enough to give an actual score.

For me scoring goes like this:

9-10 - Excellent, enjoyed first playthrough, had multiple replays after that.
7-8 - Good, enjoyed first playthrough, replays a lot less enjoyable
6 - Decent, a bit lackluster first playthrough, no replays
5 - Average, may give up on it
0-4 - Don't play far enough to give them score, given up after first few hours.

Encounter design is much more tuned in DA2 than 99% of crap Skyrim combats that are just a pack of enemies thrown in some non significant place, and if you don't have the analysis skills to realize that, Im' just sorry for you and you brought me the point.

Now that encounter design is a crap is your opinion and not mine. So what? You get hurt because of reinforcements? Your problem as I already explained:
- No way this destroy tactics it just involves managing an endurance aspect and tactics adaptation which is still tactics.
- Even two combats with reinforcement don't make them similar in DA2. On the whole game there's still a lot diversity coming from design of each combat. There's only one potential sequence, but depending of quests order, where the game fails by allowing a series of thieves combats that feel similar. In fact they are still different, and it involves not more than 3 or perhaps 4 combats. And you won't find anything like that anywhere in DA2.
- Reinforcement are too unrealistic, wrong, many cinematic of reinforcement are badly done, it's just visual details. It changes nothing to combat design. Enemies coming from elsewhere spawn not far enough, visual detail it changes nothing to combat design. Enemies jumping from roof and windows of a building in a street where they ambush you, pretty realistic, just bad visuals, visual detail it changes nothing to combat design. This point is just from superficial player giving too much credits to visuals, that's not core of combat design.

EDIT:
You should play Go, it's a game with only reinforcements, and it's "awful" they can spawn anywhere, and there's zero realism, and bad visuals. It doesn't make Go less tactical nor less strategical.

No…even the small bits of what can be translated here, make no sense.

DA II has the worst encounter design in any game, period. Enemies would literally drop down from the sky on your party (hell, it even happened while inside buildings).
It demolishes the whole point of positioning in a tactical game.
Second problem was cheap/lazy enemy design. You either had "lieutenants" with absolutely ridiculous amount of HP next to hordes of trash enemies that would explode after one or two hits ( I'm not even joking here, it was like hitting tomatos strapped with dynamite).
Others were difficult ( like blood mages with over the top overpowered spells forcing rush tactics) because of given cheap exploits, easily countered once you learn how they work.
Plus the visuals of combat, were kind of comical in this setting…closer to anime, to be honest. Giant swords wielded like toothpicks, things exploding every two seconds, vanguard teleport charge …visually, whole thing was a mess.
Next to DAO, there were positives though…different classes could inflict status effects which others could exploit ( so more group co-op and less: put fighters in the front, mages blast everything from the back).
Companions had unique skill trees and play styles fitting their personality ( what ME II should have been).
And some things, like healing or some spell schools, were more balanced/less exploitable.

It improved as much as it regressed, like combat in DAI to be honest.

Agreed. DA2 combat was abysmal due to the magically appearing enemies. One of the worst ideas I've ever seen.

I will say for DA2's many flaws I liked most of the characters. Varric in particular was pretty awesome.

I enjoyed it for the most part, but that enemy encounter design completely ruined it for me.

I didn't even mind the recycled environments much.

Obviously, it was a gigantic step down from DA:O in most ways - but it wasn't a bad game otherwise.

No…even the small bits of what can be translated here, make no sense.
So you answer a post you can't understand, total non sense.
DA II has the worst encounter design in any game, period.
Lol you should play more games, this affirmation makes no sense and is just showing you don't want argue just bash a game.

Enemies would literally drop down from the sky on your party (hell, it even happened while inside buildings).
It demolishes the whole point of positioning in a tactical game.
As if positioning is static, non sense, and huge design flaw of PoE to have believe that static positioning means more tactical depth.

Now ok I don't remind this sky thing, if it's about the thieves in streets, it's wrong, and just related to visuals, I already explained it.

Second problem was cheap/lazy enemy design. You either had "lieutenants" with absolutely ridiculous amount of HP next to hordes of trash enemies that would explode after one or two hits ( I'm not even joking here, it was like hitting tomatos strapped with dynamite).
It's more you don't have much knowledge on tactics, Torchlight 2 which is pretty good on that use the trick a lot too, I'd be curious to see you argue it is the worst combats ever.

Plus the visuals of combat, were kind of comical in this setting…closer to anime, to be honest.
Out of topic, just visuals, nothing related to combats depth and diversity.

Next to DAO, there were positives though…

It improved as much as it regressed,
And it ends as worst combats ever, lol.

like combat in DAI to be honest.

DAI is a quite better game than DA2 if you can organize your play to avoid the boredom crap. But DAI has quite inferior combats, and no way it has the design sophistication of each combat that had DAO and DA2.

I enjoyed it for the most part, but that enemy encounter design completely ruined it for me.

I didn't even mind the recycled environments much.

Obviously, it was a gigantic step down from DA:O in most ways - but it wasn't a bad game otherwise.
The recycled environments was well done for dungeons, but the awful walls to change a bit structures was just insane amateurism. It's pure madness they expected players could not be bothered by this crap. they didn't even tried use some textures to hide a bit the crap, insane.

Other clues of rushing was rather awful too. The last parts and ridiculous final. The obvious fedex quests they didn't bother flesh a bit with real writing at least. The animations like the arguing on combats argued, and more I don't remind right now.

I enjoyed played it, and found great fun in combats too including tactical depth. But overall the too many obvious rushing was lame and hurting game fun. And the awful last parts and final was very irritating.

A lot of complain was the game clearly tried evolve to offer optionally more action through combats. But the disaster was coming from the obvious rushed parts.

Overall after DAO for sure it's lame.

Thriller_A011Pyxurz.jpg

I know that for myself scoring on a 1-10/10 scale ends up being influenced by the US education system of 'failing' occurring anywhere from 50-65%, depending on era and scoring scheme. So I like the 'whole star' scheme better than that ...

I am infamous for giving Dungeon Lords more credit than it deserves (and STILL rating it at best as 6/10). Some other pure crap that I have endured and rated either 1 or 2 stars (out of 5):
- Gothic 3: Forsaken Games (as noted)
- Mage Knight Apocalypse
- Stalin vs. Martians
- Postal III (in spite of LOVING Postal 2)
- the Broken World expansion for Dungeon Siege 2
... and so on.

I really don't have a lot of time to invest into many games these days. Years ago I would play almost anything for a bit to see if I like.

I would rather replay game that I really like for 150 hours then put more than an hour into a game I don't.

Lol you should play more games, this affirmation makes no sense and is just showing you don't want argue just bash a game.

As if positioning is static, non sense, and huge design flaw of PoE to have believe that static positioning means more tactical depth.

Now ok I don't remind this sky thing, if it's about the thieves in streets, it's wrong, and just related to visuals, I already explained it.

It's more you don't have much knowledge on tactics, Torchlight 2 which is pretty good on that use the trick a lot too, I'd be curious to see you argue it is the worst combats ever.

DAI is a quite better game than DA2 if you can organize your play to avoid the boredom crap. But DAI has quite inferior combats, and no way it has the design sophistication of each combat that had DAO and DA2.

This person has a lot to say eh!!!! Shame most of it seems to be boring...

Nope, still shite. Nice try though. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom