Realms Beyond - Kickstarter Soon

If Pathfinder: Kingmaker got over 900K on Kickstarter, I don't know why these guys should only expect 100K. Nothing's hugely different between the two projects other than Chris Avellone's name associated with Kingmaker. Maybe I'm missing something?
Maybe you missed how recent Kickstarter's for games in the last two years can barely make $50,000, and I've seen maybe three make $150,000. Those were nail bitters.

Seems the nostalgia due to so many under-performing and failed projects has poisoned the well. To put it in simple words the honeymoon phase is over. I'm not surprised either.

I wonder if the public at large will make the leap to turn based. I sure will, but it's not much of a leap for me.
It's not 2002 and it's not a leap. There are tons of turn based games around, it's not a leper format any more.

Regarding Kickstarter timing, there is NO good or bad time to run a Kickstarter or to release a game. Games are 24/7/365 now. If you wait for a good time, you'll be waiting the rest of your days.

If you're donating to kickstarter it shouldn't matter what time of year it is. Either you have the money or you don't. I would recommend not donating and get your financial affairs in order if it matters what time of year you can donate :)

Example would be you get extra money during tax returns. If you are living paycheck to paycheck I would recommend not donating to any kickstarters.

^ Some people may be living on a budget (College students) or a fixed income (retired), so the time of the year does matter. Not to everybody, of course, but enough so that a lesser known Kickstarter may not make it. It depends on the circumstances.

Maybe you missed how recent Kickstarter's for games in the last two years can barely make $50,000, and I've seen maybe three make $150,000. Those were nail bitters.

Seems the nostalgia due to so many under-performing and failed projects has poisoned the well. To put it in simple words the honeymoon phase is over. I'm not surprised either.
Not really, it's probably more just coincidence that no ambitious, mainstream'ish projects from respected developers have went up in the last 2 years. Besides, I cited the example of a similar project, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, that made 900K less than a year and a half ago. But perhaps people are right that it got a huge boost from having the Pathfinder name. Time will tell.

I'm thinking they will at least hit 100,000 if that is their goal. Maybe they can double or triple that, if they get lucky, and have an excellent marketing campaign on the kickstarter...in any event, I sure am ready to back this game! One of the rare times I want to back a game, this is one of them.

I'm in, go ahead and start the Kickstarter already...

Back
Top Bottom