Weird West - Released

Like all Immersive Sims
Excuse me?
Like what?
I could understand if you wrote "like all bullshit" or something, but that there I have no idea what are you talking about.

From the PC gamer review, on the surface it reminds me a bit of Fallout, where the combat isn't great but the story and world make up for it. Only instead of mediocre turn based combat or mediocre first person shooter combat, it has mediocre isometric combat.

Excuse me?
Like what?
I could understand if you wrote "like all bullshit" or something, but that there I have no idea what are you talking about.

You're excused.

Shocking news: Weird West is available on GOG, at last.

I used to prefer that platform, but beware, they seem less and less reliable. I'm not sure it's their fault in this specific case, but they have started missing hotfixes and updates in other games lately. And their support doesn't reply anymore.

A lot of games will delay their release a couple of weeks under the presumption that steam makes it harder for the game to be copied. As for the patch issue that is quite annoying and I believe it has something to do with gog requiring more manual work on the backend while steam is a bit more automated.

Shocking news: Weird West is available on GOG, at last.

I used to prefer that platform, but beware, they seem less and less reliable. I'm not sure it's their fault in this specific case, but they have started missing hotfixes and updates in other games lately. And their support doesn't reply anymore.

A lot of games will delay their release a couple of weeks under the presumption that steam makes it harder for the game to be copied. As for the patch issue that is quite annoying and I believe it has something to do with gog requiring more manual work on the backend while steam is a bit more automated.

That makes sense, I haven't seen this before but I'm not buying often.

It seems they are not enough for all they have to do, it's very annoying when there's nobody to answer questions if something goes wrong. Sometimes they still answer... after several months. I've heard one publisher saying they couldn't easily contact them either.

For example, there was a little hotfix for Expeditions Rome 3 days ago which never made it. I had the same issue with Mechajammer not long ago. And there is nothing to do about it, nobody knows. I can just hope the next patch will be released properly.

I like what they do and the freedom to upgrade or not, but it's getting too risky to get games over there, except old games that don't need any support or updates :-/

Nah I say blame the developers nowadays for constantly patching their games. I wont derail the thread with this discussion but most members know my opinion already.

As for GOG yeah they do skip some patches for buggy games. As said already the process to update their games needs a more hand on approach to upload the patches.

Every GOG user also knows they don't patch games on the weekend.

I can't remember the last time I purchased a new game from GOG. Steam is just faster, more reliable, and more convenient (for me). I'll continue to purchase classic games from GOG though.

Back
Top Bottom