|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bard's Tale IV - Released

Default Bard's Tale IV - Released

September 21st, 2018, 18:31
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Yikes, well, that inventory bug alone will keep me away from this one for a bit of time. Thanks for the warning!!
Not saying it isn't a problem, but I can't see playing for hours without saving? There are save stones all over the place. Unless you're Consuming them all instead of Binding, it's very easy to go back to save points. You get one about every 10-15 minutes to save at.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

September 21st, 2018, 18:52
I haven't run into the inventory wipe bug - didn't even know about it till this thread - played about 10ish hours.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

September 21st, 2018, 19:35
Originally Posted by TheRealFluent View Post
Question - Are skill points refundable at some point? It seems they are very impacting and important and if I screw up I'd like to be able to refund a point or two if possible. Any word on this?
Yeah, there is a thread over here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/56609…scn=1537549136

With a "fun" developer answer:
Hey all, currently there's no way to respec after many players objected to this feature during the beta period. That said, we are certainly keeping an eye towards any gameplay suggestions you have for consideration in future updates.
So the beta testers (me included) reported that free respeccing was bad and that they should change something about it. They explicitly state in an KS update, that due to feedback from the backers (one callout specifically) they will implement a system that you can use mercenary tokens for respeccing.

Courtesy of feedback from users such as Omelet79, we are adding a cost to resetting your characters’ skill trees. It is no longer freely available anywhere. You now pay using a mercenary token at the Review Board to do so.
Now it's release. Apparently they didn't find the time to implement it. Instead of saying so, they are throwing the beta-testers under the bus by saying "Blame them, they didn't want free respecs".

That's like having a flat tire, bringing the car to a garage, they take off the tire and throw it away, hand over the 3 wheeled car to you and tell you "you told us you didn't want that tire".

I have been defending several aspects of the game for quite a while and I like this game overall, but blaming beta testers to cover the developers own incompetence was a really shitty move.
--
Doing >Let's Plays< and >Reviews< in German. Latest Review: Bard's Tale 4
Mostly playing Indie titles, including Strategy, Tactics and Roleplaying-Games.
And here is a list of all games I ever played.

Kordanor

Wastelander

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

September 21st, 2018, 20:20
I actually like the fact you can't respec, what's annoying though is that since you don't know what your party will look like there's a big risk you're doubling up on skills that only one member needs.

One respec after you've gathered your full party would be great, preferably for all your party members.

TomRon

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
+1:

September 21st, 2018, 20:26
Your party constallation will constantly change, at least as far as I have played so far.

In addition the limited amount of active skills (4) will pretty much definitely result in some change of mind. The attack which was usefull in the beginning will be pointless later on. And most of the skills are kinds situational anyways. To not be able to correct these mistakes is kinda bad.
--

Kordanor

Wastelander

September 21st, 2018, 21:59
Originally Posted by Kordanor View Post
Your party constallation will constantly change, at least as far as I have played so far.

In addition the limited amount of active skills (4) will pretty much definitely result in some change of mind. The attack which was usefull in the beginning will be pointless later on. And most of the skills are kinds situational anyways. To not be able to correct these mistakes is kinda bad.
Hmm, true. How many of those Mercenary Tokens to you come across? Will it be a viable option if they implement it that way as promised? And what's this about the party constantly changing? I figured you would have at least a core of four or five that stays with you?

TomRon

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

September 21st, 2018, 22:59
I have a large stack; so far I've just used one. I've made it to fiona and beyond so that might give you a hint how far - i would estimate 1/4 to 1/6 of the way.

Originally Posted by TomRon View Post
Hmm, true. How many of those Mercenary Tokens to you come across? Will it be a viable option if they implement it that way as promised? And what's this about the party constantly changing? I figured you would have at least a core of four or five that stays with you?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

September 22nd, 2018, 00:52
I wasted a token thinking I could make a party of 6, but those slots are currently locked.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

September 22nd, 2018, 14:18
They just released the first patch…and it's 52Gb. At least it seems to fix a lot of issues people are having, including some small ones that I've actually noticed as well.

TomRon

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

+1:

September 22nd, 2018, 14:25
They just released the first patch…and it's 52Gb. At least it seems to fix a lot of issues people are having, including some small ones that I've actually noticed as well.
Lol, just went to update… and not enough room on SSD

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

September 22nd, 2018, 14:25
If it's 52gb it sounds like you downloaded the whole game again due to some files being corrupted.
--

Kordanor

Wastelander

September 22nd, 2018, 14:31
What the ever living fork, another fifty two gigs for a bloody patch? That just doesn't sound right.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

September 22nd, 2018, 14:43
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
What the ever living fork, another fifty two gigs for a bloody patch? That just doesn't sound right.
Good thing I don't have a cap anymore. Comcast used to have a cap of 300GB/month.

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

September 22nd, 2018, 14:51
They just released the first patch…and it's 52Gb.
Awesome.

That means I can get some weekend-work done during the update.

Cacheperl

Keeper of the Watch

September 22nd, 2018, 15:06
Something went wrong there - the patch is 4.9Gb on my side.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)

September 22nd, 2018, 15:10
I hope the GOG patch doesn't take long to arrive.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
+1:

September 22nd, 2018, 15:52
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I hope the GOG patch doesn't take long to arrive.
Yup, that's my major problem with GOG. I still prefer it to Steam for other reasons, but patch speed is a problem. That'll change sooner or later, but right now, they are clearly lacking in this area.

Cacheperl

Keeper of the Watch

September 22nd, 2018, 15:59
Yes, I find the delay in GOG patches strange. I'd have thought they'd have some sort of change control system for the devs to upload a new build, and create the deltas for a new patch. I wonder if it's because the devs have to do a separate build without DRM, and they focus on doing the Steam DRM version first.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)

September 22nd, 2018, 17:38
Ahhh that's a good point, looks like I'll be also waiting for the great old games update myself.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

September 24th, 2018, 18:55
Originally Posted by Cacheperl View Post
Streamers, carrots, potatoes?
Streamers, the most relevant customer segment anytime that's about a product designed for streamers.
--
Backlog:0

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bard's Tale IV - Released