What to play next?

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor
So I just finished (and burned out with) FFXV. About 70% through GTA V but I want to return to that when I get my new GPU upgrade. Played a ton of Fallout: New Vegas lately and I'm good there. So I'm not sure what to play in the meantime. I was thinking maybe:

LA Noire
Dragon Age: Inquisition

and I don't know what else. Want something somewhat modern, not too CRPG-ish and not too complex but fun and immersive. No inventory management hell, no grinding, just fun and with RPG elements.

Thoughts/suggestions? Thanks in advance. :)

Have you played Invisible Inc.? Great turn-based tactics / stealth game I picked up on a GOG sale not long ago. Fairly short run through but very addictive with lots of replay value. & if you like it there's a good DLC.

Or sidescroller action RPG Dex?

Haven't played it myself, but my wife and lots of people here love Stardew Valley.

Otherwise, perhaps a point & click adventure RPG like Quest for Infamy or Heroine's Quest (it's free!) if you haven't played those.

Highly recommend Dex IF you take it as it is. Its just a tiny sidescroller. Don't expect a 30 hour RPG. Really like it, and I am NOT a sidescroller fan in general.

You will be able to finish it. There are RPG elements. Barebones inventory management. Ticks some of the boxes you are looking for.

LA Noire - just don't. Show middlefinger to Rockstar and wait till they start respecting their audience. So what if the game is good?

DA:Bears - yes, definetly! It's 10 different Hinterlands with instarespawning trashmobs. Since you adore grinding, I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't dive into it.

What else? Ask me when you finish DA:I. :p

Dragon Age: Inquisition was pretty fun for me. There's a lot of exploration to do and the characters are interesting. The only bad part is the very, very start where you try to remember what the frak you did in the first two games.

P.S. Don't listen to joxer when he tells you to get out of that first, big area ASAP. Do listen to him when he tells you to romance Bull. ;)

I tried playing where I killed the romance options for everyone. I still somehow ended up with the soldier girl from the very beginning. Quit once I reached the stronghold type place. Party games just aren't my thing, but I thought DAI was very well done.

LA Noire is a good game if you want a change of pace and want to play a good detective/adventure type game. Excellent atmosphere.

Wow lots of responses. Thanks guys and gals. I fired up LA Noire since I just picked it up in a sale and I like it a lot so far. I could go for sort of a relaxing game like that with not a ton of action. Tried stardew Valley a while back but it just didn't grab me. Too much chopping trees and stuff like that

Dex is a suggestion I'll look into. Seems like it might tick some boxes. Inquisition is 40 bucks for the game so I might have to pass on that since money is tight and I'm trying to save up for a graphics card. Thanks though again for the suggestions.

Edit - Dex looks cool but I just finished FFXV and it had a technological setting. Might need a change of pace.

I really liked LA Noire, but the Dragon Age series for me ended at the first, as I don't use the Origin platform. Noire is just amazing if you want to actually work through a mystery/crime and solve it like a true detective.

I'm going to give LA Noire a shot then. Hoping it's a relaxing type game too, which would be nice.

How's PoE2? Nightmarish CRPG or more accessible and fun? LA Noire just isn't holding my attention much.

How's PoE2? Nightmarish CRPG or more accessible and fun? LA Noire just isn't holding my attention much.
It's improved over the first game but is constantly being updated with new content in patches. So you should probably wait till the Ultimate or final edition is released.

Just remember it's not another fantasy RPG like Baldur's Gate. Obsidian tried a different setting instead of following the old tired grim dark medieval fantasy world.

This time its about pirates and colonization. Oh and getting your soul back.

Also here is Maylander's RPGWatch review.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/pillars-of-eternity-2--deadfire-review-445.html

If you want another view here is the codex's review.

Link - http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10984

Thanks Couch. I passed for now and went a different route - Hero-U: Rogue To Redemption. Very slow start but hoping it picks up a bit. Any thoughts by anyone on that one? I can still get a refund if the very slow pace keeps up before I've played 2 hours...

As with any game advice thread, I'll just mention what I would like to play at the moment. Unavowed. It even fits in your description, immersive with RPG elements ;)

I really did not like LA Noire. The problem is that I was very bad at it. I never made the right choice, could not determine if a person was lying based on their story and facial expression. I guess I'm not good with people :)

As with any game advice thread, I'll just mention what I would like to play at the moment. Unavowed. It even fits in your description, immersive with RPG elements ;)

I really did not like LA Noire. The problem is that I was very bad at it. I never made the right choice, could not determine if a person was lying based on their story and facial expression. I guess I'm not good with people :)

Thanks for the Unavowed suggestion. I'll look into it, though Kingmaker is next for me.

I'm having the same problems in LA Noire. Keep blowing cases, badly. Ah well. It's kinda fun until you get yelled at or fail. :)

I'm having the same problems in LA Noire. Keep blowing cases, badly. Ah well. It's kinda fun until you get yelled at or fail. :)
Well for you two gentlemen I present the easy answer.=)

Link - https://www.ign.com/wikis/la-noire/Walkthrough

Fluent don't you have a backlog full of crap stuff like me?

I'm just going through the little games in mine, confirming why I haven't played them yet and stopped buying bundles to get 1 or 2 games, until Kingmaker gets released.

If you want to play a really wacky version of the "rogue-like" theme, then you could try out The Crypt Of The NecroDancer. It is a very difficult game, imho, though, even although I love to play it.

Well for you two gentlemen I present the easy answer.=)

Link - https://www.ign.com/wikis/la-noire/Walkthrough

Thanks Couch. I'd rather just skip the game if I can't figure it out myself. :D

Fluent don't you have a backlog full of crap stuff like me?

I'm just going through the little games in mine, confirming why I haven't played them yet and stopped buying bundles to get 1 or 2 games, until Kingmaker gets released.

Definitely have a huge backlog, but I'm thirsting for a heavy CRPG and I don't want to dive into something like Wizardry 8 or something while Kingmaker is right around the corner. That will be a glorious return to CRPG-ing. :)

Back
Top Bottom