A Vampyre Story

Lucky Day

Daywatch
A Vampyre Story has been mentioned in the past on these forums and it looks like it was finally released back in November.

http://www.vampyrestory-game.com/

I saw at the store the other day for $30.

I must say I'm having a blast. With your schmaultzie bat companion the game reminds me a lot of Sam and Max. So far I've run into a familiar prop:

you: hmm..this stained glass looks like purple tentacles.
bat: I prefer green tentacles. they are the nice ones.

I had braced myself for disappointment with this one too. so far so good.

It is quite a good game, although a little short :(

Just placed an order at play.com. "Temporarily out of stock," but we'll see.

The Limited Edition also has two figurines of the protagonists ! :)

I'm currently playing through this, I'm liking it. It's very close to the old Lucasarts comical type of adventure games. Main thing that took some getting used to was Monas rather shrill voice, but it's also quite adorable. Mona and Froderick make for a good team.

Fun times, and the game is jawdroppingly beautiful.

Shrill ? Hm, in the Demo it didn't appear to me as such, but maybe that was because of the German translation/voice ?

Yeah, English Mona has a very high voice. Like I said though, once I got used to it I found it quite likeable.

I finished this game today, and one thing annoyed me. Appearantly this is episodic in nature which I honestly didn't see anywhere when I bought the game. So the ending to this Chapter (it should've had Chapter 1 in the title) feels rather anticlimactic. But, on the bright side of things, I can't wait for Chapter 2. I quite enjoyed this, it started off OK but grew into lots of fun the longer the game went on.

Really enjoyed it, but yeah... For anyone thinking of buying, keep in mind that it's the first episode and also fairly short.

Back
Top Bottom