Wasteland 3 - Delayed until August 28th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
inXile have announced on Twitter that Wasteland 3 has been delayed until August 28th.

EUcjIZOVAAEUvaN

More information.

It's fine for me, as long as it is actually finished at release then and not Wasteland 2-like.

I played some of the beta demo and it seemed promising to me, but glad to hear they will further polish it and implement suggestions from the beta testers. I trust them to give good suggestions and feedback.

Totally OK with this being delayed. I enjoyed WL2:DC enough to play through it twice even with the rough edges, and everything I've seen from WL3 looks even better.

Hoping the extra time gives them a chance to really get it right!

Cool, playing W2 right now, really like it so looking forward to this. Not worried about delay, many other things to play.

I just don't know why Brian Fargo overemphasizes the co-op aspect of the game every time he can (e. g., when he says "(…) making sure we have an awesome co-op experience").

If the game was postponed to polish and/or to refine its "awesome co-op experience", sorry mr. Fargo but I can (and surely will) live without such awesomeness. Or maybe I'm not anymore part of W3's target audience, if I ever was.

I just don't know why Brian Fargo overemphasizes the co-op aspect of the game every time he can (e. g., when he says "(…) making sure we have an awesome co-op experience").

If the game was postponed to polish and/or to refine its "awesome co-op experience", sorry mr. Fargo but I can (and surely will) live without such awesomeness. Or maybe I'm not anymore part of W3's target audience, if I ever was.

Yea never really cared for co-op but apparently the numbers say us single players are a minority now.

(...) As far as coop I seriously doubt that was much of an interest for the PC buyer.

That's exactly my opinion. And that's why I just can't understand why Brian Fargo (and inXile) keep praising the co-op aspect of the game. I mean, who do they think they're fooling here?

Anyway, I backed it right at the beggining of their FIG campaign and I'll play it when/if it is released next August 28th.

Speak for yourself. I'm sick of delays.

Don't know if you noticed, there happens to be a global pandemic right now...delays should be expected.

Does anyone really care about voice overs? I really dont, maybe just a line here or there is fine but it's not worth the cost IMO. I also don't think cinematics are worth it either...just a few here and there are enough.

@henriquejr; I backed it as well, and hope for the best but … I can forsee MS mucking it up to better suit the Xbox audience. Unfortunately Fargo has become the mouthpiece for his devoured company and has to say what he is told.
@Sax;on I believe that we the PC audience don't but it seems the console gamer that this game is now being made for can't read and need to have voice over in all their games.

I love having voice overs if they are well made (lol @ Planet Alcatraz).
And I'd definitely prefer them over not having them.

However often the question is either having a rather linear story and only few dialogue options and decisions with voice overs, or having tons of options and decisions but text only. In that case I am fine with either option.

I dislike partial voiceovers. Games like Pillars of Eternity where you never know whether a line is going to be voiced or not, or worse, when it goes back and forth in the same paragraph, that's worst case scenario. I'd rather have voice acting than not, but I'm also perfectly content to just read everything, like with Tides of Numenara.

It's been my experience that fully voiced over dialogue has the effect of limiting dialogue options as well as making corrections and changes impossible or at least damn hard. Anything that makes flexibility in creating a RPG more difficult tends to make for a poorer game in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom