RPGWatch - Official Game of the Decade Voting

You have to create your own copy. Here is a list of all the GOTYs: https://www.rpgwatch.com/press/rpgwatch-1/articles.html
Look in the Miscellaneous section.

tyvm!
I'll try and post that as a list in a day or two.

Interesting in the first few years we voted on best Indie Game and I remember it made sense at the time .

Its hilarious we had a Worst Game of the Year one year.

Here's my list. I fear I'll think of more in the coming week

Skyrim
Pillars of Eternity
Shadowrun Returns
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Legends of Eisenwald
FTL
Crying Suns
Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest
Legend of Grimrock
Underrail
Age of Decadence

Are all entries equally weighted? Every game submitted is counted as 1 vote?

PS - Lack, you're awesome. Never knew you were awesome. Thanks.

stubborn.jpg

?????????

I had a really hard time picking between all of these great games that came our over the last 10 years, but after long consideration:

1. Skyrim
2. Skyrim SE
3. Skyrim VR
4. Skyrim Xbox One
5. Skyrim Xbox 360
6. Skyrim PS4
7. Skyrim PS3
8. Skyrim for Switch
9. Skyrim for Alexa
10. Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE)

:biggrin:

I had a really hard time picking between all of these great games that came our over the last 10 years, but after long consideration:

1. Skyrim
10. Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE)

:biggrin:

While I agree with your first nine choices, your mind has obviously been addled with playing the same game for too long as number ten is clearly not a game :biggrin:

1. Age of Wonders III
2. DDO: Menace of the Underdark
3. Conan Exiles
4. Panzer Corps
5. Kings's Bounty, any parts released after 2010
6. XCOM (2012)
7. Eador: Masters of the Broken World
8. Skyrim

Most disappointing: Elex

We should have a vote for most overrated game - then i might actually vote for clearly Skyrim is the most overrated trash since the creation of games.

It's one of the most successful mass market RPG's ever and a lot of people enjoy it immensely. I must admit I only enjoyed it for the first 50 hours or so but then it has also given us Enderal which is pretty great. Overrated maybe, but not by much.

But that is my point. I played the game and it was enjoyable for the period i play but it really is hollow and forgetable. I'm not saying it wasn't fun - but it is hardly a great game (imho) hence the overrated comment. I thought witcher 3 was a much better game (this is not a comment on enjoyment factor but rather the quality and reactivity of the game world). I enjoy a lot of crappy games - they might be simple, easy to play and at time mindless repetition but i wouldn't call them quality games - though perhaps one could argue that 'quality' is what you enjoy playing the most and not the artistic value.

It's one of the most successful mass market RPG's ever and a lot of people enjoy it immensely. I must admit I only enjoyed it for the first 50 hours or so but then it has also given us Enderal which is pretty great. Overrated maybe, but not by much.

Ladies and Gents, if Skyrim wins I will take desperate measures. Like complaining vigorously about it.

If the ensuing depression will leave me any impulse, that is.

:-/

Well I'll let the video speak for itself…:biggrin:

PM sent ...

Witcher 3
Divinity Original Sin 2
Pillars of Eternity 2
Fallout New Vegas
Mass Effect 2
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Torchlight 2
Skyrim
Elex
Puzzle Quest 2
Legend of Grimrock
Alpha Protocol
Dishonored
Avadon: The Black Fortress
Eschalon Book II
Bio shock Infinite
Blackguards
Diablo 3
Divinity Original Sin
Pillars of Eternity

(And glad the ‘what is a decade’ nonsense seems to have died down ... )

(And glad the ‘what is a decade’ nonsense seems to have died down … )
Nobody ever wins that debate.:sweatdrop:

Anyway nice list agree with most of them.

Is it just me or people are forgetting Dragon's Dogma and Dragon Quest 11. Stop being so cruel!
:evilgrin:
Ladies and Gents, if Skyrim wins I will take desperate measures.
I don't think being a winner of a site community matters much. Being mentioned in some top 10 or 20 of the decade is a fine recommendation for RPG newcommers who got bitten by similar mainstream sites that shill for mmos on their best RPG lists. The actual place on the list is not important.

Just IMO. As I do mingle with people and when shit hits the fan aka someone asks me what RPGs to play next, I need a written list to shove them off with so I can continue enthusing over stuff noone cares about. :)

Winner: Witcher 3

Runner ups:
Elex
Divinity Original Sin 2
Pathfinder Kingmaker
Kingdom Come: Deliverence

I almost added Underrail and Legends of Eisenwald, but even though those are 2 great games, they're not quite on the same tier as the ones I voted for game of the decade wise.

You wrote: "Well this isn't a vote", without any clarification of what you meant, and, because you've felt the need to say this then there must be something you're thinking that no-one else has 'got' yet.

People are voting for games they really liked from the previous decade and putting their votes into a ballot box. They are not restricted at all by what they choose to vote for. I fail to see how "this isn't a vote" nor why writing the names of a few games you particularly enjoyed from the last decade seems to pain you so?

May I, or indeed we, be honoured enough to know what your thinking is?

That's the beauty of voting for a single game, noone will accuse you of forgetting some game or a dozen, it's clearly intentional. :p

You wrote: "Well this isn't a vote", without any clarification of what you meant, and, because you've felt the need to say this then there must be something you're thinking that no-one else has 'got' yet.

People are voting for games they really liked from the previous decade and putting their votes into a ballot box. They are not restricted at all by what they choose to vote for. I fail to see how "this isn't a vote" nor why writing the names of a few games you particularly enjoyed from the last decade seems to pain you so?

May I, or indeed we, be honoured enough to know what your thinking is?

I'm not quite clear why you're persisting in this rather ridiculous interaction, but I'd like to let it drop now. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom