Pricewatch!

IndieGala is giving away free Steam keys for SpaceHack.

Link - https://www.indiegala.com/store
Space Hack is a sci-fi RPG/action title with Diablo-inspired gameplay mechanics, presented in real-time 3D graphics. The story puts you on a quite peculiar space ship, full of convicted prisoners, that got trapped inside a cosmic anomaly known as Black Nebula. Playing role of a tough warrior you will be struggling to reach an emergency transporting module, hacking and slashing your way through hordes of alien creatures taking over your ship.

WOW! Great looking out, Couch! Can't wait to give this one a spin. It had me at Diablo-style gameplay in space! :D

Glad you like it Fluent as it's just an average Diablo clone. Games like this were released multiple times over the last fifteen years after Diablo's release.:)

Good find Couch. This was one I always mildly interested in but never did pick up. Can't beat this price.

Just found a link to my old review from a defunct site, where I said:
Space Hack is in a tough place. It's a T-rated game with fairly limited plot and a basic hack-and-slash premise. This means that it's not appropriate for kids like last year's surprise hit Fate, nor will it attract hardcore role-playing gamers. However, the budget price is immediately attractive. The combination of accessible gameplay, simple action and a budget price make it an entertaining choice for those looking for a cheap action role-playing game in a non-fantasy setting.

I'm all about the sci-fi setting, as I don't play many sci-fi RPGs, let alone ones with huge customization options like a Diablo game. I'm stoked to play it. Just gotta find the time while bouncing around in all these other games. :juggle: :rotfl:

4 more games added to EA humble bundle 2:
https://www.humblebundle.com/

- SimCity 2000™ Special Edition
- WING COMMANDER 3™: HEART OF THE TIGER
- WING COMMANDER™ IV: THE PRICE OF FREEDOM
- Ultima VII The Complete Edition Ultima VII

Cmon ppl, just about 5 bucks for 13 games, what are you still waiting for?
Okay, a dozen, you won't play that dreadful DA2 of course. :D

Geez, look at me, advertising EA.
The end is nigh.

I have 5 games in my Uplay account (2 were free) so I plan on getting this bundle later in the day.

Also, for roughly 40 cents, I have no problem trying out DA2. And you can never have too many copies of SC2000.

I believe you mean Origin account. ;)

Btw, on amazon.com, means only NA, Mass Effect trilogy is just 10 bucks.
You get Origin keys for all three games, but DLC for ME2 & 3 are not included - those are still available only through never_discounted virtual currency called Bioware Points.

The end is nigh.

Not even sure how many of the games I own already (assume at least 'most'), but not all in one place, so for $5 what the heck, right?

TDE:Demonicon just 10 bucks on GamersGate's spring sale:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DEMONICON/the-dark-eye-demonicon

Nothing spectacular in it, but a decent game it is, perfect for a rainy day. Sure, we got a stockpile of RPGs lately to choose from, but one can't have enough of them ever, especially at this price.
So buy now!

Last edited:

The end is nigh.

Dragon Age 1 & 2, Mass Effect 2, & Dead Space 2 :) I would jump on this if it didn't entail the installation of Origin.

Steam or Origin is pretty much the same nowadays. So who cares?

Not really.
Differences?

1. You install the same game on Steam and on Origin. Steam game, you can change the language postinstall. Origin game? It checks the language set in your Origin client and forces you to use that same language in the game. Because of that idiocy, some Origin exclusives have english language pack as DLC (IIRC DA3).
Steam wins.

2. The installation seems corrupted as the game behaves odd. On Steam file verification does the job flawlessly. With every single game. On Origin? Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. When it doesn't, your only hope is game reinstallation. An example: Sims 4. Check Sims 4 forums and EA answers HQ for details.
Steam wins.

3. You don't want to delete the game completely and will return to it in the future but need that space on HDD for latest pr0n or something. Or another case, you want to move the game from HDD to SDD. Steam has easy backup/restore options, I'm not sure if you can just copy/paste folders then go for verify file integrity (did someone try it?). Origin? Just copy the whole game installation folder wherever you want and return it back when needed. If it was HDD->SDD, no problem, move the folder, set in Origin client it's new installation folder, hit "install", the client will notice files are already there, will automatically verify them, it works.
From security perspective - Steam wins.
From customer (me) perspective - Origin wins.

4. You bought the game but can't be arsed to wait for 50 gigs of download. Your friend bought it too and has already downloaded it because his speed is 100Mbps and yours is 4Mbps (an example).
I don't know nor ever tried this on Steam. But I did this with Origin games.
Just copy game folder from a friend on USB stick or USB external HDD, from there copy it on your PC into installation folder set in Origin client, press install, it works as in point #3, Origin client just verifies files and since you've already registered the game on Origin, no additional checks or questions are made.
Can't say who wins here because, as I said, I never tried this with steam games. Someone should post if tried it.
An additional note: I'm sure some can read between lines here and I'm not writing it in detail. But the answer is yes, on Origin that will work too.

5. Family something on Steam is a builtin option so when you buy a game, your household can play it on their PC without need to buy several copies. In Origin such option is not builtin, you still can play a game at the same time on different PCs, but only one can be in online mode.
Steam wins.

6. Gift a game through a client's store possible on Steam, impossible on Origin. There is even more to add to this. EA games keys bought on Steam can be registered on Origin. Which means, if EA's game is available on Steam, you can still gift it through Steam and the receiver can register it on Origin - yet, you can't do that on Origin thus noone can gift Mass Effect 3 or Dragon Age Inquisition.
Steam pwns!

All those complaints are either edge-case, minor or specious.

While in an ideal world I'd rather not have to install another bit of software just to run EA games, it ultimately makes next-to-no difference in practice.

Makes a difference for me. I'm not overly interested in any EA title, so the difference in whether to try something for the hell of it when it goes on sale comes down to the inconvenience in dealing with yet another cloud-based game library (after gog and steam). I just don't care enough about Origin's exclusive titles to deal with that hurdle.

I feel the same towards Ubisoft's UPlay. But at least in that case Ubisoft came out with a game that I made a temporary exception for: MMX.

I too installed UPlay only to play MMX. And in my almost 45 hours playtime so far, I've had about 10 crashes to desktop. Problem is they were all caused by UPlay crashing, not MMX itself. So I'd say it also makes a difference to me as well.

Back
Top Bottom