Darksiders 3 - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Hack n' slash game Darksiders 3 has been released on Steam to a mixed reception.

Return to an apocalyptic Earth in Darksiders III, a hack-n-slash Action Adventure where players assume the role of FURY in her quest to hunt down and dispose of the Seven Deadly Sins. The most unpredictable and enigmatic of the Four Horsemen, FURY must succeed where many have failed - to bring balance to the forces that now ravage Earth. Darksiders III is the long-anticipated, third chapter in the critically-acclaimed Darksiders franchise.

• Play as FURY - a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!
  • Harness FURY's magic to unleash her various forms - each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities.
  • Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story.
  • Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings.
  • Sit in awe of Darksiders signature art style - expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature.
More information.

yay!

Any norespawn mod already? :evilgrin:
I mean, yeah, it's Dark Souls 4, but still.

No hairworks = no furry. :D

•Sit in awe of Darksiders signature art style - expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature.

This is what I call "heavymetalization of media". It's the current fashion now.

This is what I call "heavymetalization of media". It's the current fashion now.

Actually it's not.
The Dark Souls clone in this thread, except endless trashmob respawns, has nothing in common with:

hmm, skip for me:

Yeah, a real shame.
Instead of improving what they had with the first two games, they made Darksiders 3 a Dark Souls-wannabe, and not a great one, either.
What a waste...

Will still buy it (on a sale, of course, not going to spend 60? for THIS) since I wanna see how the story progresses and it doesn't seem to be completely bad. Just not what it could have been.

I was excited when I heard DS clone but that term is erroneously used as usual. Just because a game has action combat where you can dodge and parry doesn’t make it a DS clone.

Dark souls character progression is actually pretty strong, weapons matter a lot with different move sets. The chance of losing souls adds incredible tension, exploration is rewarded with hand placed weapons and armor. Story is told through items. Combat based on stamina, poise, encumbrance and equipment.

This game has 5 weapons no armor, very weak character progression, no stamina, poise, encumbrance and I’ve already covered equipment.

This is not a DS clone it’s a cheap hack-n-slash.

The only DS clones on PC off the top of my head is lords of the fallen and nioh. The rest are just action games.

I was excited when I heard DS clone but that term is erroneously used as usual. Just because a game has action combat where you can dodge and parry doesn?t make it a DS clone.

Have to strongly agree there. I checked out the videos as well when I heard DS clone, but the combat looks similar to the previous Darksiders and to games like God of War, where your character just constantly attacks and never stops moving, hitting huge groups of enemies enemies in giant broad strokes without ever running out of stamina or being left vulnerable by the momentum of the attack. I don't mind that, but it's about as far removed as you can get from a game like DS. It's much more like a third person diablo.

In my case it sounds as Dark Souls is expensive "hack-n-slash".

Seriously, to me it does look as darksouls clone. Nitpicking differences like it's not darkness everywhere won't change the fact some poor visual effect fills the hero with whatever "souls" upon every kill.
But I'm not to trust here as I never played DS. Won't say I never will, apparently there is norespawn mod out there. Which is kinda scandalous - the game is built around excessive grinding necessity unlike DA:I where norespawn mod doesn't exist.

Have to strongly agree there. I checked out the videos as well when I heard DS clone, but the combat looks similar to the previous Darksiders and to games like God of War, where your character just constantly attacks and never stops moving, hitting huge groups of enemies enemies in giant broad strokes without ever running out of stamina or being left vulnerable by the momentum of the attack.

This does not sound like fight in the last God of War.

In my case it sounds as Dark Souls is expensive "hack-n-slash".

Seriously, to me it does look as darksouls clone. Nitpicking differences like it's not darkness everywhere won't change the fact some poor visual effect fills the hero with whatever "souls" upon every kill.
But I'm not to trust here as I never played DS. Won't say I never will, apparently there is norespawn mod out there. Which is kinda scandalous - the game is built around excessive grinding necessity unlike DA:I where norespawn mod doesn't exist.

So you think it is a dark souls clone but openly admit you know nothing about dark souls and you shouldn?t be trusted.

I?ve seen you post for years so I shouldn?t be surprised but I am.

Differences I posted were key gameplay elements not nitpicking. of course you?d have to have substantial knowledge of how dark souls works to know this…..

Why do you continue to say the game requires excessive grinding when it doesn?t. You can grind but it?s not required. The game is more skill based so grinding levels isn?t necessary as people beat the game at level 1, loot is hand placed so no grinding for that. The only barriers in the games are bosses that you have to beat to advance but that?s standard in 99% of games so you can?t really call that grinding. Trash mobs are easily ran past since they won?t stray far from their spawn points so you don?t even have to kill them if you don?t want to.

What exactly do you think you need to grind for?

Sorry I know this is darksiders 3 thread but since it?s being called a DS clone I?d ask for a little latitude.:biggrin:

So you think it is a dark souls clone but openly admit you know nothing about dark souls and you shouldn?t be trusted.

I?ve seen you post for years so I shouldn?t be surprised but I am.
I didn't say I know nothing about Dark Souls. I tend to believe I know everything.
What I shouldn't be trusted with is my claim that Darksiders3 is it's clone - it does look as such to me but that could be wrong.
Why do you continue to say the game requires excessive grinding when it doesn?t. You can grind but it?s not required.
Buying lootboxes in lootboxbased scamware is also not required. Publishers like to say it's - optional. Yea, right.
What exactly do you think you need to grind for?
I'm not a designer of a grinder. Ask them, not me.

I didn't say I know nothing about Dark Souls. I tend to believe I know everything.
What I shouldn't be trusted with is my claim that Darksiders3 is it's clone - it does look as such to me but that could be wrong.

So you believe you know everything about a game you?ve never played and your comments clearly suggest you have no idea how the mechanics work. Gotcha.

Buying lootboxes in lootboxbased scamware is also not required. Publishers like to say it's - optional. Yea, right.

Publishers not saying anything, I am. So I guess you?re calling me a liar. Ok.

I'm not a designer of a grinder. Ask them, not me.

So you?ve just made up your mind it?s a grinder and really have no idea why.

Thanks, I know all I need to know. Sorry for the derailment. I?ll leave the thread to darksiders 3 posts.

If picking up souls is a criteria then I guess dark souls (2011) is a Darksiders clone (2010). Admittedly demon souls was 2009 though. Thought this was so important I had to look it up ;)

In Darksiders 3 you drop souls when dying but you can always pick it up, it never disappears. I don't like the plenty respawning either though, but again Darksiders 1 had this too (but less). Seems when THQ went bankrupt the game was a couple of years in limbo and when they picked it up again they implemented some of the recent hypes in it thinking it would sell better.

Anyways seems people do think it is an ok to good game. In the quicklook of giantbomb they didn't give any specific reason to why they dislike it apart from the fact it looked just 'meh'. Irritating.

Back
Top Bottom