Spellforce 3 - Soul Harvest Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Bluesnews Spellforce 3 Soul Harvest has been announced for next year which expands the playable races to five.

Three years after the Purity Wars, Nortander is on the cusp of a new era. However, things aren't as peaceful as they seem - when the Queen calls you, a disgraced General, back to your homeland, you're plunged in a war on many fronts: While a hatemonger threatens to tear apart the Dwarven realm, an enigmatic cult of Dark Elves harvests the souls of people for reasons unknown. Gather your allies and prevent a catastrophe!

Features:
- Stand-alone expansion to the RTS/RPG mix SpellForce 3
- Story mode featuring a dark and enthralling story with a playtime of around 20 hours
- Build your distinct heroes by a deep skilltree
- Lead your army to victory in a new sector-based RTS system
- Use unique mechanics of your army units to win epic battles
- Use flying units for even more advance tactics
- Play 5 distinct factions: Humans, Orcs, Elves, Dwarves and Dark Elves
- Epic fantasy soundtrack and bleeding edge top down graphics
Multiplayer Features:
- Each faction has three unique heroes that compliment individual play styles
- A modern multiplayer lobby will allow easier matchmaking and ranked play
- Play new game modes for a special challenge
- Create your own maps with the powerful modding tools.
New features compared to SpellForce 3:
- All-New Campaign: Featuring new storyline with over 20 hours of content
- All-New abilities and skilltrees for even more diverse heroes
- All-New RTS Gameplay: Sector-based system with a focus on global resource distribution and unique faction mechanic
- Unique mechanics and unique unit kits make the races feel very diverse and offer replay-value in the campaign
- Flying units allow more tactical elements
- New factions: Dwarves and Dark Elves - Overhauled UI makes the game more pleasant to look at and more readable
More information.

Still haven't played Spellforce 3 due to various bugs.

Thirty or more patches and counting already.:biggrin:

Still haven't played Spellforce 3 due to various bugs.

Thirty or more patches and counting already.:biggrin:
It is absolutely playable now. I played through it a few months ago and did not encounter a single bug.

Can't wait for the expansion, Spellforce 3 had one of the best stories I've seen in a long time.
The RTS and RPG parts on their own are "meh", but together they make a fun experience.

It is absolutely playable now. I played through it a few months ago and did not encounter a single bug.

Can't wait for the expansion, Spellforce 3 had one of the best stories I've seen in a long time.
The RTS and RPG parts on their own are "meh", but together they make a fun experience.
Good to know I can finally play it then as I ran into many game breaking bugs when it was released. Seems I have another game to add to my list to play this month.

Now lets hope the expansion isn't another bug ridden mess.

Yeah, it was great. I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Looking forward to doing a replay when the expansion hits.

Yeah, it was great. I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Looking forward to doing a replay when the expansion hits.
Didn't have that much faith in another developer taking over the SpellForce reigns, but at least they did a decent job in the end. Didn't like the bugs but credit where it's due.

Just another tidbit that I realized as I'm playing the game right now is that "Doug Cockle" the voice actor of Geralt in the Witcher games is the voice of Sentenza Noria.o_o

So is spellfoce 3 any good in your opinion? Game of hte year ? so so? tolerable but not good? Great fun can't stop ?

Just another tidbit that I realized as I'm playing the game right now is that "Doug Cockle" the voice actor of Geralt in the Witcher games is the voice of Sentenza Noria.o_o

So is spellfoce 3 any good in your opinion? Game of hte year ? so so? tolerable but not good? Great fun can't stop ?
Wouldn't call it game of the year but it's definitely a good game. I was happy to see them follow the same game style of the original games, and not the sequels.

So lets just say it's an inspired & improved Spellforce.

Back
Top Bottom