Call of Saregnar, RPG In Development

Hrm, it's fine, but not great imho. I think a one-color-overlay looks cheap.

I liked the Expeditions conquistador style with distinct hexes, some grading color at the outlines and coloring the hexes if they can be reached or not:

expeditions-conquistador-screenshot-ME3050114294_2__830_470.jpg

Thank you for the suggestions. I will be fixing the grid graphically once combat works as intended. It is very WIP as it is. :)

Thanks for the update - good to hear you're making progress.

Wonderful work, have been following it on and off on the Codex as well. The screenshots with their BaK/Daggerfall vibes make me want to jump in and explore right away. Is your work still focused on the engine, or is the game itself being worked on as well?

As for the combat hexes, don't go overboard with the graphical effects. Some different colours to support the combat mechanics are probably fine, but the screenshort Kordanor posted is almost taking it a little too far, IMHO; the strong color gradients seem more irritating than helpful to me. But as nitpicks go, that is a really minor one; having seen your impressive work so far, I'm sure you'll find an agreeable solution.

Wonderful work, have been following it on and off on the Codex as well. The screenshots with their BaK/Daggerfall vibes make me want to jump in and explore right away. Is your work still focused on the engine, or is the game itself being worked on as well?

I am still deep into building the major blocks of the game. Many are done, but many are yet to be done and/or refined. For example, the world exploration mechanics are in place, the inventory system too, same with camping, magic, dialogue, etc. They all need additional refinements or features to be added though. The basic combat is done, but need to add to the UI, AI, etc. Then I need to implement a journal, a map, etc. The rest is production stuff.

Anyway, thank you for your confidence! ;)

I've been following the game for quite some time, it's great seeing the progress being made. I can't put a finger on exact features, but I love the screenshot with the bridge - it is so cozy and calm, reminds me of Dungeon Siege 1 environments.

I can't remember Dungeon Siege using hexagons in the environment, but then again my memory is failing due to age.

I can't remember Dungeon Siege using hexagons in the environment, but then again my memory is failing due to age.

DS was freeform. I think he means the scenery theme, not the battle grid.

I've been following the game for quite some time, it's great seeing the progress being made. I can't put a finger on exact features, but I love the screenshot with the bridge - it is so cozy and calm, reminds me of Dungeon Siege 1 environments.

I'm so glad the feeling comes across. Thank you! :)

A demo was released for this on Friday for Patreon backers. It's about an hour worth of play with the opening level. I've downloaded it but haven't played it yet, I'm aiming to do it later hopefully. I'm hearing good things though! Has anyone here tried it yet?

I played it for a bit yesterday, not enough to have anything more than a first impression really. It's a positive first impression though. It plays smoothly, and exploring the area was fun. The graphics are nice and atmospheric, as is the music. I only got into one fight - it was fairly simple but worked well as a grid based TB. My favourite moment was when I saw that the character portraits get "bloodied" when characters are injured, like in the original Doom. A lovely touch!

I played it for a bit yesterday, not enough to have anything more than a first impression really. It's a positive first impression though. It plays smoothly, and exploring the area was fun. The graphics are nice and atmospheric, as is the music. I only got into one fight - it was fairly simple but worked well as a grid based TB. My favourite moment was when I saw that the character portraits get "bloodied" when characters are injured, like in the original Doom. A lovely touch!

Glad to hear. Though its a bit weird to have patreon exclusive stuff after being on kickstarter. Usually don't play early access titles anyways, so not affecting me personally, but still weird.

Anyhow, the "bloodied" thing - before doom there was Wolfenstein 3D of cause.
However there are also some RPGs which had it even before that: Might and Magic 3.
Startrail (Realms of Arkania 2) had these as well. I tried to check the first one, but couldnt confirm that.

I don't think he ran a Kickstarter campaign? He just gets funds through Patreon as far as I'm aware, unless I've missed something.
Anyhow, the "bloodied" thing - before doom there was Wolfenstein 3D of cause.
However there are also some RPGs which had it even before that: Might and Magic 3.
Startrail (Realms of Arkania 2) had these as well. I tried to check the first one, but couldnt confirm that.

Good shouts!

I don't think he ran a Kickstarter campaign? He just gets funds through Patreon as far as I'm aware, unless I've missed something.

Heh, yeah. Could have sword I backed it on kickstarter, but well...I checked my long list of backed KS games and I didn't.

So...nevermind, ignore me. :D

Nah I've seen a lot worse over the years.:)

Worst so far:
"(Jim Hensons) The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance: Tactics"
;)

Obviously single Word games are the worst to google if you don't also know the name of the company. I mean, try to find "Mag!!!"

Right now I am plying "Judgment" which I also find pretty bad. Yes, it's one valid way of writing it. But it's the wrong one. :p
I would always call it "Judgment without e"

Well you can't beat Leisure Suit Larry 3: Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals. I've seen some sites even call Divine Divinity a bad name for a game.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom