F:NV Fallout Screenshots

Fallout: New Vegas
Damn. Mad max gave me the urge to install new vegas and play it with mods(played only tha vanilla). And you are not helping.

Any suggestion about mods that make the game hard? Like really few ammo, hunger etc? Also , new quests are more than welcome.

Overclocked Nvidia 670gtx + 4770k@3.6ghz, 45-60fps. Occasionally less due not to the ENB or GPU, but rather the craptacular Gamebryo engine maxing out one of my chip's cores.
Hmm that is noticeable stronger then my configuration. Maybe these graphics and this game is not for me :D

What program are you using to load mods. NMM, FOMM or Mod Organizer?
The FOMM seems to not be updated anymore.

I just spent 1 hour just reading about different mods. Each has one page of instructions. I basically lost all will to install them now lol.

I mostly use NMM, but FOMM is good too. Mod Organizer is something more for mod authors imo; it's akin to going out and buying a Lamborghini to commute to work and promptly crashing it while backing out of your driveway.

As always, I only ever recommend a couple anti-crash utilities + a texture pack for your first playthrough. New Vegas doesn't really need much to be a standout game; unlike Gamebryo/Bethesda games, you don't need to distract yourself from mind-numbing gameplay with random shiny.

I mostly use NMM, but FOMM is good too. Mod Organizer is something more for mod authors imo; it's akin to going out and buying a Lamborghini to commute to work and promptly crashing it while backing out of your driveway.

As always, I only ever recommend a couple anti-crash utilities + a texture pack for your first playthrough. New Vegas doesn't really need much to be a standout game; unlike Gamebryo/Bethesda games, you don't need to distract yourself from mind-numbing gameplay with random shiny.
Well I first read the ENB link you posted. It said I needed two mode mods for it to run. Then the guy posted some other mods he uses. So I went to read those and downloaded some as well. Then the Anticrash mod mentioned anti stutter and some other (multicore support and such). Then I also read I need script extender and 4GB patch. Then you mentioned texture packs and I found one that gives better textures to inside and outside.
Now I got many different mods and no clue if it will all work and how much tinkering I will need to make it work. I installed NMM, I hope it will make all this work by itself.
But when I think about this mess, I rather go back to playing Paper Sorcerer :D

Well I first read the ENB link you posted. It said I needed two mode mods for it to run. Then the guy posted some other mods he uses. So I went to read those and downloaded some as well. Then the Anticrash mod mentioned anti stutter and some other (multicore support and such). Then I also read I need script extender and 4GB patch. Then you mentioned texture packs and I found one that gives better textures to inside and outside.
Now I got many different mods and no clue if it will all work and how much tinkering I will need to make it work. I installed NMM, I hope it will make all this work by itself.
But when I think about this mess, I rather go back to playing Paper Sorcerer :D

Haha, I feel your pain, I also feel the same way when I have to mod too much! Once I'm finally done with all the modding I have no energy to even start playing the game... because I got tired of it during the modding, or you find one of your mods didn't work!

I mean you install Long War for Xcom with two clicks and you are set to go.
For NWN2 you needed two mods and you just copied both into game directory and that was it.

Why is it so complicated for FNV?!

So I finally installed all the mods yesterday and when I ran the game npc heads as well as many walls were see through :(
And I had like 30fps in the game.

I don't recommend the usage of too many mods if you have an old PC. Also, the texture packs are quite heavy on the graphic card, so you need a high end one (like 780, 980, RX285, RX 290).

I usually have around 20 mods active (hair, eyes, body mods - you can get non-nude alternatives if you know how to look and where, gameplay changes, unoffcial patches - Project mojave is great for NV, some weapons, some armors - i prefer those lore friendly).

I skip the companion mods or the new locations (most of the time, those are rather plain and boring).

It takes quite a bit to mod my game, even with a low amount of mods, but at the end i can enjoy my game.

P.S.: not so complicated to use the mods for the Bethesda games. You just need to find if your chosen mods can work together correctly. And even that can be done for you by at least one of the mod organizers.

Back
Top Bottom