RPG Codex Refugee Thread - Page 153 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » RPG Codex Refugee Thread

Default RPG Codex Refugee Thread

December 3rd, 2014, 13:55
But most of them don't speak french.
And you can't ever properly translate L'Incal.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)

December 3rd, 2014, 14:00
Originally Posted by Humanity has risen! View Post
I don't see criticism as antisemitism, after first trying to depict me as a latent homosexual in another thread, you are now trying to smear me again.
No, I'm not trying to smear you. "Jewllywood", "decadent jews", "jew sycophants". Those words require no additional spin from me.

And a suggestion of homosexuality is only a "smear" if you have a derogatory view of homosexuals. I dont. You demonstrate your own bigotry - it doesn't require any help from me.

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)

December 3rd, 2014, 14:16
Again, considering the kind of movies that come out of Hollywood along with the treatment they gave to two comedians who called Israel's actions toward Palestinians a genocide, even though those words were flippant I doubt they were wrong. For you even saying what the Bible says about homosexuality is hateful, so I'll take what you say with a grain of salt. I'll not let you be the judge of whether or not my overall actions in life are good or bad, I'll trust in God.

This is the Codex where all sorts of vicious insults are uttered multiple times all day every day, and where people make funny jokes about the nastiest possible things like rape or genocide, and all I used it for is criticism of politically incorrect topics, not to propagate hatred. I even censored dirty words I quoted. I never even insulted a single person on there (except maybe for Surf Solar, but he deserved it). No I'm not all roses and sunshine but I don't think I'm that awful a person all things considered, my wife wouldn't have married me otherwise and my friends and the people at my church wouldn't be able to stand me if that were the case. And I'll point out you're the one attacking me because you don't like my views whereas I have done no such thing.

I hope your bleeding heart liberalism makes you feel good about yourself.
--
Your Heavenly Father loves you and wants you to come to repentance

Originally Posted by Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Last edited by Humanity has risen!; December 3rd, 2014 at 16:40.

Humanity has risen!

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

December 4th, 2014, 01:08
For you even saying what the Bible says about homosexuality is hateful, so I'll take what you say with a grain of salt. I'll not let you be the judge of whether or not my overall actions in life are good or bad, I'll trust in God.
My judgments are pretty inconsequential, I would think. What is more interesting and pertinent are the facts about your attitude and abuse of others. You can dress it up in all the sanctimonious chauvinism you like, this is vile stuff.

But if you were just ranting away in the Controversy pit, I'd probably leave you to it. What concerns me is when you start hijacking reasonable discussions about RPGs - accusing games of having a political agenda, and giving specious reasons for your own motives. You've decided to go covert rather than overt. But you've already laid out your agenda for us.

If you start criticizing an RPG unfairly for its "politically correct indoctrination", while refusing to declare your own mission, I think it is fair that someone should point this out.

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

+1:

December 4th, 2014, 04:49
You have no idea what was discussed in the thread in question and what this referred to, which from my memory was certain homosexuals engaging in extremely reckless and unsafe promiscuous practices. In this case yes this certainly isn't wholesome, something which is very widespread and not talked about in the mainstream media, and which even the likes of the CDC recognizes, and which tragically leads many homosexuals to an early grave. I only posted about this on there out of a desire for uncompromising truth and out of concern and love for my neighbor, because I believe Jesus Christ loves them and can lead them to a better life. I even had a 36 pages long thread full of testimonies of homosexuals who had been radically transformed by His Love. I also love the homosexuals who keep living a life contrary to the Gospel and consider them worthy children of God. But it's much easier to paint me as a monster right?

I talked about that one game in one thread where I showed Bioware went very far with the sexual content it included while not being too open about it, in a thread where others were already doing the same thing. I don't think I ever denied my views on that matter were derived from my own Christian morality and standards for explicit sexual content. What I did however deny is that I was a cartoonesque Westboro caricature spewing bile devoid of humanity hiding behind a veneer of tactfulness like you accused me of, which is ridiculous.

If I was truly intolerant and vicious I would have simply told you off once and not replied to you again. I have nothing to gain as I know nothing I can say can change your or probably anyone's mind. It doesn't matter if you attack me or if you disagree virulently with me, that's your choice. However when you think I am someone who revels in stripping certain people who don't live like me of their humanity and dignity, then yes part of me finds that this is unfair typecasting.
--

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Last edited by Humanity has risen!; December 4th, 2014 at 05:39.

Humanity has risen!

SasqWatch

December 4th, 2014, 07:43
I only posted about this on there out of a desire for uncompromising truth and out of concern and love for my neighbor
Great. And this is exactly the same reason I'm posting it on here.

What I did however deny is that I was a cartoonesque Westboro caricature spewing bile devoid of humanity hiding behind a veneer of tactfulness like you accused me of, which is ridiculous.
The Westboro Baptist Church, whose signature activity is publicly and tactlessly announcing that the recently deceased are burning in hell for their sins. An unfair comparison?

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

December 5th, 2014, 05:10
Then good, we do have something in common.

The difference is that they revel in what they do and spew hate, pick people as targets, gloat at them and insult them.

I didn't rejoice when he died, I found it sad that his demons got the best out of him. I wanted him to be in heaven for all eternity, and if it wasn't possible for others to live a better life and shed their bad habits so they can enjoy an eternity of bliss by God's side.

Like is said in the Scriptures, God will come to claim us like a thief in the night. When I exit the restaurant I am in and start driving my car, I could get killed by a reckless driver. Arbitrary deaths should serve as reminders that we d not know when the master of the house is coming.

I want people to keep their house in order. Do I have lots of bad habits to shed as well? Of course I do. I'm far from faultless. I can go too far at times. But I mean well.
--

Humanity has risen!

SasqWatch

December 19th, 2014, 22:56
Great. Just sit down to eat my lunch and Codex is down for maintenance.

Edit: Ooh, that was quick.
--
I am a ordained Wiccan Reverend via a local Pagan Church

- Harlequin

Crispy

Disgusting Thing

December 19th, 2014, 22:57
ITZ has come

tuluse

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

February 1st, 2015, 11:21
Dragon Age: Inquisition review:

Spoiler

Infinitron

RPG Codex Staff

+1:

February 1st, 2015, 11:44
Looks good. The Watch needs more of this sort of content.

Mercutio

Grognard

February 1st, 2015, 11:54
Right now it looks better here than it does on the Codex…

Infinitron

RPG Codex Staff

February 1st, 2015, 12:00
After DA 2 I swore never to buy another DA game, after reading your excellent review I'm pleased with my decision!!
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
+1:

February 1st, 2015, 12:31
While I agree that Dragon Age:Inquisition isn't a good CRPG, it is still a good action adventure with some MMO-like mechanics and a few roleplaying game elements.
Exploring and story is fun, combat sucks and character development is dumbed down.

Way better than DA:2, good game, just not a good roleplaying game.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
+1:

February 1st, 2015, 15:17
OK, the original should be good for viewing now: http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9752

Infinitron

RPG Codex Staff

February 1st, 2015, 16:21
Good stuff. Shouldn't we post it somewhere more prominent than the trolling department?
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

February 17th, 2015, 23:41
The Codex at war with their old Messiah:
MCA new trolls thread
MCA uses trolls for NeoGAF

This could grow into an identity crisis for the Codex…

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

February 17th, 2015, 23:50
I guess they'll have to find themselves another pimp.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

February 18th, 2015, 00:36
Originally Posted by HiddenX View Post
The Codex at war with their old Messiah:
MCA new trolls thread
MCA uses trolls for NeoGAF

This could grow into an identity crisis for the Codex…
I followed the links, and haven't a clue what it all means. I think this is probably a good thing.
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

+1:

February 18th, 2015, 00:40
It's definitely an "in" joke…. MCA drew the RPGCodex mascot. Now, he is drawing the exact same caricature for another site. And, the butthurt ensues…

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Tags
avatar 2 release date, best thread ever, cleveland mark blakemore, embassy, incline, itz, jew admin, jews, junior codex, kingcomrade, multiheaded dick, nazi super mods, odd odors, popamole, potato, r00fles!, rest in peace, rpgcodex, stalin_brando, stuffies, thingies, thoth backing down, thread lightly, trannies, what's a vagina?-codex
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » RPG Codex Refugee Thread