11 days to Grimoire release. Yay.

This is such a farce. Restarting the campaign for ANOTHER 120 days??!! The game is supposed to be released in May. This is the antithesis of how to run a successful crowd funding campaign. What a mook.

Unfortunately at this time we cannot guarantee that any savegame will be carried forward, it is likely changes to the savegame format will occur between now and the official release in May 2013.
\

Well, there you go. An official set in stone release date. No fooling this time.

It's really a shame. The beta I tested a few years ago was really a solid program (only 1 major bug that was quickly fixed within the beta timeframe and actually relatively few "nitpick" bugs) and the game was a joy to play. Old skool goodness done just the way you nostalgically remember it. I've always tried to separate the game from its creator -- lots of great things get created by nutjobs -- but after all this time I've concluded that the only roadblock for this game IS the creator. Very sad, because a big portion of folks at the Watch would have an absolute blast with the game (assuming it's still similar to that beta) if Cleve would just unchain it.

Its fair enough to delay the game to sort out a bug which prevented it from working on 64 bit systems, which are very widespread these days. But he's done that now. I don't see any description about why he needs another 120 day campaign. Plus presumably after the new campaign ends he'll need more time to implement additional in-game pledge commitments.

Does Indiegogo allow the rescinding of pledges? Because that's what I would do if I took a chance on this dork only for him to lend credence to my prior ambivalence.

Does Indiegogo allow the rescinding of pledges? Because that's what I would do if I took a chance on this dork only for him to lend credence to my prior ambivalence.

Contributions are non-refundable. Cleve shrewdly chose to run a flexible funding campaign, so he gets the money regardless of whether or not his ludicrous goal is met (you get 5% less cash if the goal is not met).

Just found this while I was scanning through an old copy of CGW:

grimoirecgw.jpg

Notice the "Target release date". :lol:

That url looks like the original geocities web page. I like the heading as well, making out the internet as a foreign entity:

A Classic Computer Role-playing Game From the Net

is this a legally legit file? is this spam?

It's legit - Cleve posted that link in the Grimoire Codex thread.

Here's my first impression (re-posted from the news thread):
I downloaded it - and unzipped the installer with 7zip straight to a folder to avoid any issues. Also, running it in a Win XP virtual machine as I've read reports of issues with using a 64 bit OS.

Played around for about 20 minutes and so far it's looking good I must say. Definitely old school in every possible way - like stepping back in time to the early 90s. Tons of stats, lots of options, good flavor text, nice colorful pixel art.

So RPGWatch doubters, where is your beloved AETHISM now?

The end is nigh!

Also taken from the demo screen:

ZZMlJvf.png

After reading even a few of the comments following my simple link to the videos, I realized it was a huge mistake to post anything here. Moderator you can see I've removed my comments because the delete button for the thread didn't work. I'd ask moderators if they can remove this thread altogether.

I won't be posting anything again to RPGWatch for any reason.

Cleve, didn't you promise to go away and never post here for any reason? Have you ever kept a promise in your life? Instead of gloating over a demo that doesn't work for most PC users, shouldn't you be fixing said demo.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore from the Codex said:
I reckon all of you are going to eat crow when I sail through the $750,000 mark about 30 days in.

If I was not the author of this game and could get a copy free, I personally would not hesitate a second to get the $100.00 pledge. I'd give anything to have a hardbacked manual and full solution guide for a game like that.

Sorry but you guys are underestimating me again. Grimoire is legion. It is the world's greatest vaporware in the history of mankind and when it goes to release anybody who did not get the physical goods is going to have a lifetime of regrets. I know what my own game is worth to hardcore players.

You naysayers will be eating crow and substantial amounts of it, first when I cruise through 250G like it wasn't even there and then when I release the game on May 1st. I don't want to think about the mascara tears running down your cheeks when you realize it will be DRM forever after and your one shot to get the physical copy has forever passed you by.

You might want to save some of that crow for yourself, chief. You didn't even come close to the $250,000 on your "first" campaign. Finish the game, release it, support it, and then you can gloat. How's that? Fair enough?

Cleve, didn't you promise to go away and never post here for any reason? Have you ever kept a promise in your life? Instead of gloating over a demo that doesn't work for most PC users, shouldn't you be fixing said demo.

You might want to save some of that crow for yourself, chief. You didn't even come close to the $250,000 on your "first" campaign. Finish the game, release it, support it, and then you can gloat. How's that? Fair enough?

The dialogue in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert was more masculine than what you just wrote. Those guys were all like Marlboro Men compared to you.

The demo worked for at least 90% of the people who downloaded it and problems with legacy software on Windows 7 are common. Methinks the Lady protests too much. I challenge you to write a game of equal complexity by yourself and field a demo of equivalent scope.

Deep underground in a massive fortified complex be
It's not a function of masculinity...just cold, hard facts. Stop projecting. This isn't about me. It's about you. Get back to work on your game. May isn't that far away...

Back
Top Bottom