The Secret World: Ultimate Edition

Have to second this, great game with some technical issues as the team cannot develop the engine with limited resources. That aside, the content is top notch on the level of Witcher 3 Wild Hunt easily. Play as a single player adventure with occasional group missions and you'll be very pleased.

Been eying this one for over a year now… So you say it's ok to single play? I have at least one friend who's also expressed an interest so there's one potential partner to join me. But it might not happen or I might end up playing alone, who knows. I'm not a min/maxer or a grinder, I prefer exploring and seeing interesting things (am a Lovecraft fan too - see my avatar pic)…. This fit that mindset?

Thanks

It's optimal as a single player experience - which I hate in any MMO. But the unique and intelligent story makes up for it.

I've been kicking around the idea of giving this a try. I'm in the mood for a Lovecraftian style setting, and this seems to be highly recommended by most of the people who have played it.

Are the content packs worth the extra money? They're fairly expensive as far as DLC goes. How much content is in just the base game?

Something like that, JDR. I recommend the Ultimate Edition; it's a steal at $20 and the DLC is generally well put together with interesting stories and missions, though I have yet to go though the Tokyo content.

Thanks, that was the final push I needed. I'm going to purchase it today, although I probably won't start playing until after I finish PoE.

Is it required or recommended to play the issues in order?

even without the dlcs, you got alot of content to play; ive got 163h in it according to steam and played about 67% of the game and dont have any dlc

Is it required or recommended to play the issues in order?

Despite the game claiming it doesn't has level, it has levels. They just transferred it to gears. For any of the issues you need Q10L gear. Also, some issues follow the main storyline, so you kinda want to do them in order but it's not forced.

Someone made a chart to help newcomers.

Yeah, it's a great content-rich game. The different issues tie into and further the lore of the base game as far as I recall - they aren't your traditional A->B->C->D gated content. Though Tokyo is its own area... so, I'm not sure on those latter issues.

Yeah, it's a great content-rich game.

At 46+ GB to install, it better be content-rich indeed. :)

Did you ever participate in PvP? That's on a different server right?

*Edit* Ah ok.. I see that there's only 1 server but different dimensions. I assume some of them are specifically for PvP.

Last edited:
Quite good stuff when I played it and that was back at release. I really liked the setting and character development. I didn't so much like that it was an MMO. They really could make a huge single-player game out of all they have in there.

So, it is still an MMO? Is it possible to completely play solo?

Dont know if you can finish it solo but i reached transilvania (last major area of the game) playing only solo; obvously you cant do dungeons of your level range solo :biggrin:

Thanks. Looks really good.

So, it is still an MMO? Is it possible to completely play solo?

Everything but "dungeons" and PvP is soloable. Last time I played people were quite friendly in the game too, but it was a few years ago.

I personally didn't like the combat that much personally, my main annoyance and why I stopped playing. It has rather awesome questing otherwise, it really would be awesome as a SP game (with less respawning MMO trash).

Are dungeons separate from the storyline?

You don't have to do dungeons to progress the main storyline, they are like side stories connected to the main one.

Back
Top Bottom