Exiled Kingdoms - Available Now

It has the feel of a mid/late 90's game. Exile, Excelsior, Eschalon, etc. You have very limited skill points and each level costs that many points. If you want a tier 3 skill it will cost you 6 skill points or three full levels of leveling. Leveling is slow. I've been to 3 towns and 5 or 6 dungeons and I just hit level 5. It isn't anything like Diablo. Creatures respawn but there aren't hordes on a screen. A full dungeon might be 25 creatures.

The biggest decisions revolve around skills. Do I take a 2nd level of lightning bolt, which costs a whopping 9 mana to cast or do I take a level of fireball and mage armor instead? Should I put some points into personality so folks will be more likely to tell me something or give a better reward? Maybe I should just focus on intelligence so that my max mana raises.

There are hidden trait dialog choices that only show up if you have points invested. For instance, a guard captain will give you some coin if you have personality or a lore keeper might give you a scroll if you're smart, etc. I may have missed agility and strength choices because I don't have any points invested in those.

I've died dozens and dozens of times and I'm playing on casual :D

Thanks. Sounds like the type of game I'd pick up on sale -50% or more.

Tested this on mobile months back. 15 minutes in on the PC version and it's a cool one. Seems like there are some interesting skills to play around with (Gossip, Dungeoneering, class-specific stuff, etc.), competent design and a huge world to explore. I can see myself getting lost in this one for a few dozen hours or so.

Edit - Yep, an hour and a half in and it's a cool one. Kudos to the one person developer behind this. I'll be playing it more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom